PDA

View Full Version : Summoners Come out of the closet in Spring

rubah
04-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Now that nice weather has come to Northwest Arkansas, not only am I spammed with free e-mails in my inboxen, but the various street peddlers have taken up residence on my campus. This morning alone, I recieved the Word of God™, a free sample of fruit punch and an invitation to some camp meeting, and a free sample of chocolate soy milk.

Get anything good for free, recently?

(I'm also trying really hard to win a free fusion razor from gillette, but my timing is bad)

Flying Mullet
04-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I find it's always fun to offer street peddlers free goods from other street peddlers.

Yar
04-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Dr. Pepper gave me a free 2-liter Diet Dr. Pepper but my mom redeemed my coupon and drank it all. :(

Rantz
04-21-2009, 06:34 PM
There is this company that likes to call me and offer to send me free underpants and socks. It's totally free, they pay for delivery costs and all, but it puts me on a subscription of said clothing articles. The thing is, as soon as I get my free sample, I go to their website and cancel the subscription. Then after a week or two they call again and offer to send me another free sample. I don't know how long they're gonna keep doing that, but I'm not complaining.

Flying Mullet
04-21-2009, 06:35 PM
What kind of underpants and socks?

rubah
04-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Can I get some of these?

Rantz
04-21-2009, 07:27 PM
What kind of underpants and socks?

Decent ones. I quite like the socks, actually. The underpants are boxer briefs which is good, but they're made from some slippery material which I don't really like. But then again, they're free. :)

~*~Celes~*~
04-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I like free stuff! When I was in NYC my group was approached by a street peddler trying to sell music CDs and he shoved the CD in one girl's face. My face was in his armpit as a result cause I was walking next to her :( It smelled HORRIBLE.

Vermachtnis
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
I got a Jesus Raps pamphlet. It was hilariously bad.

KentaRawr!
04-26-2009, 05:07 PM
lol

Lawr
04-26-2009, 05:10 PM
I think I got a condom once.

Ouch!
04-26-2009, 09:04 PM
I got a free writable DVD a long time ago from a Sony representative when I was visiting New York once. That was pretty cool, I guess. Only problem is that it was before DVD burners were particularly common, so...

I get free drinks on campus on a semi-regular basis. Most often it's Coke Zero or Monster handing out a free drink (and frequently two or three). Both are terrible, but both are also free.

rubah
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM
we get vault a lot up here with the free drinks

Wolf Kanno
04-27-2009, 05:21 AM
This morning alone, I recieved the Word of God™, a free sample of fruit punch and an invitation to some camp meeting

All the ingredients for a perfectly good cult, you just need the cyanide. ;)

I'm hoping to get a free CD with all the music my class created with Garage Band this coming week. :)

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-27-2009, 06:27 AM
And here I thought I could talk about Leviathan...:( Rubah got my hopes up!

MISLEADING TITLE!

Lately...hmmm...lemonade! A co-worker went out to get lemons and was gonna get Popsicles cuz it was hot but the store had none so he got the kitchen lemonade!

Heath
04-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Our student union shop has a habit of putting on promotions with certain newspapers. Okay, it's not technically free, but given the paper is only 40p anyway (about half price), the stuff isn't bad. I think we've had mugs, chocolate, cans of Red Bull and some books in the past too. Nothing spectacular, but not bad for what you get.

Iceglow
04-27-2009, 10:19 AM
I thought we could discuss the video of the guy in the wizards robe getting naked and then getting naked taser hit by police at that festival in the usa. Oh god that video was funny and not just because the guy had a small weiner xD

Still as for freebies, well I tend to get free chocolate near work when cadbury's feel the money isn't comming in fast enough. I've also gotten free drinks from one of the barmaids in the pub opposite work. I also tend to get discount on Subway when I go in wearing my HMV shirt on lunch :D

rubah
04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
We have something kinda similar to that, Heath. Some of our student fees pay for newspaper subscriptions, and one of the local papers has a sponsored coupon from some area business. I've gotten free cherry limeaids from sonic, a free 5x7" print, and stuff like that.

Too bad the economy is so bad that almost every business has stopped buying coupon space, except Caring Caskets x.-

Loony BoB
04-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I got some kind of NIVEA for men (I think?) deoderant 2-3 weeks ago and it's actually not too shabby.

41-Inches-Wide
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
It's not spring here but we got free food tasting in all grocery stores. I ate a small serving of fish meat on crackers plus 2 good cups of diet coffee. The fish meat was excellent so I gave rave reviews on that but the diet coffee lacked the certain something, which is why I required 2 cups of it I guess.

Levian
04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
I sent a ton of letters to 15 or so manufacturers saying I was their biggest fan ever, and I got:

A nesquick cup
A nesquick coin to insert in shopping carts
A Mills T-Shirt (they make mayonnaise and such)
Two jigsaw puzzles from Kellogg's
8 small beanie bag thingies to throw on people? Not sure what they are.
A Grandiosa T-Shirt (frozen pizza)
Two wired pens attached to a sticky plastic lump.
Some new unreleased Lion chocolate product. I think it's released now though.
A bunch of other chocolates.

What I've learned from this is that if I kiss enough ass, free stuff will come my way.

Del Murder
04-27-2009, 07:37 PM
I got a free Sobe Life Water or whatever it's called from Safeway. It wasn't very good.

Caraliz
04-28-2009, 04:49 AM
One time in 8th grade we all sent letters to candy companies and everyone got free candy but me. :(