PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Morphin Taking the Smurf Rangers!

Badge
04-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Seriously?....I mean SERIOUSLY when I was about 4 I enjoyed the first series but come on 17 spin offs of the same thing is a bit much amirite?

1 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 1 & 2)
2 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Season 2 & 3)
3 Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers
4 Power Rangers: Zeo
5 Power Rangers: Turbo
6 Power Rangers in Space
7 Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy
8 Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue
9 Power Rangers: Time Force
10 Power Rangers: Wild Force
11 Power Rangers: Ninja Storm
12 Power Rangers: Dino Thunder
13 Power Rangers: S.P.D.
14 Power Rangers: Mystic Force
15 Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive
16 Power Rangers: Jungle Fury
17 Power Rangers: RPM

LunarWeaver
04-22-2009, 10:03 PM
If you've reached "in space" it's time to stop iyam.

Badge
04-22-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd have stopped at Power Rangers in Space

MJN SEIFER
04-23-2009, 11:06 PM
I didn't really watch anything after Zeo mostly because I was still a kid and I had "formed attachments" with the main cast and refused to watch them (I might give them ago again if they are repeated.)

I started up again from Wild Force, but I only checked on it rather than watched it (I chanel surf when there's nothing on - and if I can't be botherd to turn off of course) anything after that I'm slightly scetchy on.

Jungle Fury however - I am really getting into, it's like a stand alone show (it should be really, because by now most people are groaning "Oh GOD! Not another season!") the storylines and characters are interesting, and the effects are pretty good for live action add-ons, I also like how the show seams to be coming back to it's original Japanese roots.

Also, as much I liked the original Mighty Morphing, (and still do) - you gotta admit, it's kind of cheasy at times - they must have repeated that scene where the Rangers fall from the sky dozens of times....

Jessweeee♪
04-24-2009, 03:02 AM
I got to meet Lord Zedd o:

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-24-2009, 08:42 AM
It's a show intended to appeal to the same age group, so kids will watch it for a few years, get bored, and move on. But there will always be new kids to keep the viewership steady.

qwertysaur
04-24-2009, 08:39 PM
My friend still watches it from the first series. It's apparently 1 continuous story with a new focus each time. :choc:

JKTrix
04-24-2009, 11:15 PM
For what it's worth, I hadn't watched any 'power rangers' in years and randomly decided to watch the newest series that started in Japan this year.

It's pretty cool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G7oZv6KD44&fmt=22#t=0m25s). They've gone back to the 'chanbara' style of old samurai shows, while still giving it the 'sentai' cheese of today. The ground combat is pretty exciting to watch, before they go all super power and use their big dumb robot. Fight choreography has usually been one of the stronger points of these shows. Appare!