PDA

View Full Version : I love college

Caraliz
04-23-2009, 10:47 PM
That party last night was awfully crazy, I wish we taped it. I danced my ass off and had this one girl completely naked.

Drink my beer, smoke my weed, but my good friends is all I need.

So what the hell did you guys do on 4/20?

I partied two days in a row, watched movies, danced like a fool, did the whole citylife thing and found the Depaul campus. Thinking about transferring there in the summer or fall.

Second topic: Do you love college? What are you taking and why doesn't it suck?

I personally love the citylife parties. And college in the city would rule. I want to move to Chicago asap. Suburbia sucks.

Rye
04-23-2009, 10:55 PM
I think I wrote essays on 4/20. Hahaha.

I'm a Secondary Education and English double major. I'm planning on minoring in Psychology if it's at all possible for me to do so without me wanting to kill myself from the work load/having to take a 5th year of college (which to me is basically suicide, because I need to be in the work force asap, dude.)

I really enjoy it. I wish I could triple major and take psychology intensively, but that's just not possible.

I'm going to get my masters in Psychology once I start teaching. If I have the resources and will power, I want to try to get my PhD in Psychology as well. The master plan is to move into teaching on the University level after a few years of teaching HS after I get my MA, and then to get my PhD while I do so, and then become a psychotherapist as I do some university level teaching.

Oh yes. That's my optimistic big dream. Will it happen? Hopefully. xD

Yar
04-23-2009, 11:22 PM
I hate that song. :mad2:

On 4/20 I had lunch with my old friends.

I'm not in college yet.

scrumpleberry
04-23-2009, 11:34 PM
4/20 wassss that day which means I celebrated the birthday of a frens

Meat Puppet
04-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Wept about lives lost

Psychotic
04-23-2009, 11:45 PM
4/20 wassss that day which means I celebrated the birthday of a frens...you're friends with Hitler?

Balzac
04-23-2009, 11:45 PM
I was in Manchester, at Harvey Nichols watching fit girls getting dressed and undressed.

Madame Adequate
04-23-2009, 11:46 PM
I would give most of my nutsack to be a college student forever.

4/20 was spent doing several thousand words on my crowning academic glory though :p

Marky Tee
04-23-2009, 11:55 PM
i forget...

scrumpleberry
04-23-2009, 11:59 PM
4/20 wassss that day which means I celebrated the birthday of a frens...you're friends with Hitler?

I-

:shifty: Oh great. Noone was meant to know he was resurrected yet! Now I need to silence you. GEORGE! SUPER MOONFLOWER SECRET TRANSFORM ATTACK!

i would provide an illustration but cba

rubah
04-24-2009, 02:11 AM
I went on a tour to a natural gas fired power plant today ^______^_^_^

Shlup
04-24-2009, 02:31 AM
My Dick was visiting from Idaho so I called in sick to work to spend the day with him.

College was cool. I partied, but I mostly went for the *gasp* education.

rubah
04-24-2009, 02:49 AM
oh speaking of Dick, I met a man today named Dick Tucker. No lie.

Depression Moon
04-24-2009, 02:51 AM
I was in school and did my work. I don't love college, it's just neutral to me. I find it a lot better than high school, but there's nothing great about it. am working towards a BA in Computer Science and to receive a certificate in game design afterwards.

It's a shame though since science and math have always been my worst subjects, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Momiji
04-24-2009, 02:55 AM
On 4/20 I did nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm in college right now as a Psychology major, but after finding out the sheer amount of paperwork I'd have to do in grad school, I'm changing majors-- I have an appointment with my new advisor tomorrow, actually.

I'm going into Pre-Medicine now, but my main objective of becoming a Psychiatrist remains the same. I just can't deal with all of the dissertations and research and such that comes with being a Psychologist. I need to be doing something, helping someone. Medicine is my true passion in this context, the route of psychiatry is just my target. Honestly, I'd be very happy working in a medical field of any form, aside from surgery. I have shaky hands, and that would be bad.

I want to spend my life helping people, not writing medical journals and spending countless hours researching. I'll let the researchers do the researching. I'll practice what they find.

NeoTifa
04-24-2009, 03:23 AM
Worked, wrote an essay, did my calculus. Same old, same old.

XxSephirothxX
04-24-2009, 03:47 AM
On Monday I came home from a weekend at the lake and went to class and played around with Love (http://www.love2d.org/) and then came home and made an awesome pasta dish for dinner and watch some HBO Rome.

Caraliz
04-24-2009, 04:09 AM
No one smoked a blunt? Come on!

I don't think I've ever smoked so much weed.

Balzac
04-24-2009, 04:16 AM
When I was at Teesside Uni, I did lots of drugs, now I'm just old and boring. :(

Caraliz
04-24-2009, 04:20 AM
Apparently. :mad2:

Marshall Banana
04-24-2009, 04:40 AM
I hate school!

If the extended campus that I attend offered as many classes as the main campus of my school, I'd probably major in Art for fun. I'm just a General Studies (Arts and Sciences) major right now, because I just want a degree in something. I majored in English literature before, because English is my strongest subject, but I became bored with it, and most of the authors and their works that I had to study are overrated, anyway.

My Art History class is kind of the same; some of the works my class looks at serve a purpose (advancing a style, technique, or theme) or just demonstrate a certain style, but a lot of them are also crap. Emil Nolde's paintings are good examples. I can't believe they're taken seriously, let alone displayed in museums. They're so ugly that they floored me!

Kirobaito
04-24-2009, 06:17 AM
I do not use drugs.

On Monday I came home and did nothing until the Mavericks game came on that night.

I attend college. I am a history major. I do not do social life; I am here, rather, because I like to learn things.

Necronopticous
04-24-2009, 07:04 PM
I loved college specifically because I wasn't surrounded by drugs and alcohol. Is sobriety and level-headedness really that boring and unfashionable? Pity.

Heath
04-24-2009, 08:33 PM
I also did not smoke any weed which makes the day identical to the rest of my life in that respect. As far as I can remember, I didn't do anything particularly interesting or out of the ordinary on the 20th, just revised Rousseau and Machiavelli, I imagine.

I do enjoy university. I miss being away from home somtimes, but I do really enjoy it. I spent a gap year feeling like I was making no progress in my life and it wound me up no end at times. So to actually be there at a good university and working hard is such a fantastic thing right now. I'm studying for a BA in History and Politics and enjoy it; though I definitely prefer History and sometimes regret taking the Politics as well. Hoping to go on and earn a PhD in History one day, though I don't know how realistic that is. And between studying, Labour Club and my friends, I really love it. And I love the city itself. I don't need a hip and happening city, I love being in York with its city walls, historic streets and old fashioned pubs.

Bunny
04-24-2009, 09:03 PM
GASP HEATH

I didn't do nothin'.