PDA

View Full Version : Cannes 2009 Lineup

Paro
04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Festival de Cannes - Du 13 au 24 mai 2009 (http://www.festival-cannes.com/en/article/56303.html)

I'm especially excited to (eventually) see the new ones by Alain Resnais, Lou Ye, Andrea Arnold, Tsai Ming Liang and Ken Loach's Eric Cantona(!) movie.

Madame Adequate
04-24-2009, 04:21 PM
There are quite a few things there of interest to me. Park Chan-Wook perhaps most of all! (Though the poster alone has me sold on Inglourious Basterds)

Ken Loach will only be of interest to me once his corpse dangles in a gibbet and all his foul works are purged from God's green Earth.

charliepanayi
04-24-2009, 07:53 PM
There are quite a few things there of interest to me. Park Chan-Wook perhaps most of all! (Though the poster alone has me sold on Inglourious Basterds)

Ken Loach will only be of interest to me once his corpse dangles in a gibbet and all his foul works are purged from God's green Earth.

Are you crazy? Ken Loach can get overly preachy at times but he's made some great films in his career. And The Wind that Shakes the Barley was probably worth it just for how much it wound up the UK tabloids.

Anyway this looks like a decent line-up (Pedro Almodovar, Ang Lee, Michael Haneke), I still need to see last year's Palme d'Or winner The Class, I hear it's terrific.

Breine
04-25-2009, 02:50 PM
It'll be interesting to see how well Quentin Tarantino and Ang Lee do at the festival. Oh, and Lars Von Trier of course.