PDA

View Full Version : Frank Verdosa

Safer_Sephiroth
04-25-2009, 01:34 AM
I can remember 1998 my friend Oliver had just been connected to the internet, i had started secondary school and we were chomping at the bit for the new Final Fantasy and were wondering what it was gonna be about. As it was, Fan fiction was the only thing that could satiate our desire for more Final Fantasy we talked about the game constantly and discussed chocobo breeding, Knights of the round materia and nude pictures of Tifa, in fact we became friends because of Final Fantasy and i considered him the man because he had killed demons gate.

He intoduced me to The Search for Aries the classic fan fiction by Frank Verdosa an unoffcial sequel to the game involving rebirth materia,the turks and all the main characters of FF, i strongly urge you to spend an hour reading it.OH NO! NOT ANOTHER FINAL FANTASY VII PAGE (http://vfiction.fantasyworldxd.co.uk/)

Over the next five years i accessed Franks website and read nearly all of his amazing books usually in a single weekend sitting, loving his take on the characters and the locations.The books in my opinion are worthy of official Square canon and capture the quality and the spirit of the game. Advent Children even echoes some of the ideas in these stories they were so damn good it was like playing the game. The point of this post is to reiterate a story that might intrest some of you it may sound silly but i urge you to listen as it may shed some light on where Frank went.

In 2003 i was hooked up to broadband and enjoyed the internet in all its glory until then i recieved Franks books from friends. One day i decided to contact him i was 17 and in my senior year a young, arrogant brash kid with a chip on his shoulder i sent him a message going along the lines of saying his work was bad and that he was writing about a game that was so old (this was 2003 and people still talk about it):eep: i also made him an offer : i would write his stories for him and he could post them saying they where written by him i then accused him of plagarizing,there where a couple of other points i made along the same lines. This was around March 2003 in the next month Frank dissapeared and to this day people have no idea what happened to him which is strange considering he had a huge internet fanbase and the knowledge that his work was considered very high quality by FF fans. It occured to me that loads of people wonder where he went and the reason why he dissapeared and i can only confess that it might have been me. As God as my witness this is the truth and make of it what you will but i firmly believe i may have had something to do with it. So you heard it here first. I loved his work and have grown up considerbly so don't ban me please i'm only reiterating a story .

I love you xxxxx :cool::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-25-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm incredibly surprised that website still exists in any form.