PDA

View Full Version : Vaan has some noice abs.

KentaRawr!
04-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Seriously. How did he ever get abs like that? And then his arms are so skinny. D: Can someone explain how he got awesome abs and skinny arms killing rats in sewers?

scrumpleberry
04-25-2009, 01:57 AM
Well, being fictional probably helps the way his exercise regime works his body in weird ways

Every time I see his scary scary shininess - or that of any other character in this game, for that matter - I think instantly of that one guy... (http://www.riverdolls.com.au/ken3.gif)

LunarWeaver
04-25-2009, 05:47 PM
He is the offspring of Richard Simmons and Evangeline Lilly. His genes left him with a unique body.

Wolf Kanno
04-26-2009, 02:44 AM
He kills rats by suffocating them with his stomach. Overtime and training, he got his abs strong enough to crush their bones. He has to lay on them to this and that's how he got the nickname "Ratsbane" from Old Dalan, cause he thinks Vaan kills rats through sodomy. ;)

Vermachtnis
04-26-2009, 04:15 AM
It's a main character thing. Look at Luke from Tales of the Abyss. He's stuck in his room all the time and at most trains with Van like an hour a day. How did he get abs?

Namelessfengir
04-26-2009, 02:43 PM
he doesn't have abs its a big tat. he gets to have it because hes megalos "favorite"

hhr1dluv
04-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Well, I'm not a guy so I don't understand the intricacies of the male physique. However, I have met guys who seem to just have abs. Sometimes really skinny guys have the visible abs just because there's no damn fat on them. I could see that being the case with Vaan. Or maybe he just has good genes. ^^

On a side note, the hottness that is Basch looks awfully scrawny when you first get him from the prison. Does he bulk up when he switches into his main outfit, or is his body type the same throughout and maybe the beard through me off?

Lacarus
04-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Well, he runs in the same awkward way, so I guess they just switched character models. It's amazing what a little bit of food can do.

RedPouch
05-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Having abs has nothing to do with having good biceps or deltoids, or any other majorly noticeable muscle in the arm. The reason being is that they are two entirely different muscle types. To use myself as an example:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/Darscus/dragonhenna.jpg

You guys have probably already seen this pic of me in the picture topic, but you'll notice that my abs [despite the fact that they aren't too developed] are present despite not having amazingly strong arms. A good part of having abs is controlling your body fat. There are actually many people who have nice abs, but people looking wouldn't notice because of the stomach fat that hides it. Being that the stomach is the primary spot to store body fat, the abs are pretty much the most "hidden" muscles in the body. If you want abs, lose more fat, and gain some ab muscle [don't confuse "losing fat" with "losing weight", as you'll lose weight from the fat, but you'll end up gaining more due to getting more muscle, as we all know that muscle weighs more than fat]. Because of this mechanism, abs are actually the "easiest" muscles to "get". Getting really nice biceps and pectorals is much different however. That stuff takes a lot more time.

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5882/vaan1280102418zc.jpg

Just posting a picture of Vaan's nice body for the fun of it [yummy skin :love:]. He looks nice in this, though I have to admit that I hate how they did his face on his in-game 3D model. It looks a little too androgynous. I don't like guys with really feminine faces, it's a total turn-off.

black orb
06-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Seriously. How did he ever get abs like that? And then his arms are so skinny. D: Can someone explain how he got awesome abs and skinny arms killing rats in sewers?
>>> I think Squarenix 3D modelers have something to do with this..

G13
06-14-2009, 07:55 AM
It's probably the result of several hours of crying (like laughing can do) after a good hard bullying session.

"Hey Vaan! You little b!$%@! You sound like a girl when you talk! I also think you might be gay! How does Balthier feel about having a wimp like you in the party?"

You know, stuff like that gets the crying going and then BA-BLAM, you've got cry-baby abs.

Loony BoB
07-10-2009, 02:24 PM
I've been thin all my life, but I'm not as skinny as I used to be. When I was really skinny, I had no fat - my abs stood out because of this. Simple. *shrug*

The Last Oath
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Someone can never work out their abs ever and still have them visible becauase of low body fat percentage.

Vaan can have "nice" looking abs because he may build the that way by working out with specific exercises i.e crunches. He can work his abs and make them great but unless he works his arms he's not going to get bigger arms.

Darkswordofchaos
07-11-2009, 12:50 AM
dont be fooled there airbrushed on

Renmiri
07-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Nice dragon tattoo!