PDA

View Full Version : Internet Failing

rubah
04-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Have you ever witnesses a cascade of internet fail?

I got to this afternoon, and in honor, I created this PNG
http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/scraps/mailinglists.png
(for reference, the blacked out subjects are irrelevant, blacked out names are those who did not fail)

Yar
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
I don't understand. :confused: Is it your mailing list?

Rye
04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Hahahahaa. There was a really funny instance of that in my college.

There was an email that went out to everyone reminding them to do the FAFSA or do something to get government aid.

I guess someone's mother got it. They meant to reply to their child, but they ended up replying to every single person with an email address in this college (thousands upon thousands of folks), saying something like:

"Sorry Andrew, we can't apply for this, your father makes too much money!

Love,
Mom"

Epic fail. It even made our newspaper.

qwertysaur
04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
xD

rubah
04-28-2009, 12:44 AM
yardie, it's a mailing list for "people who have studied abroad in the last two years". All of those names that aren't totally blacked out are people that said something like 'I'm graduating, take me off, thanks'. One fellow who replied after this image was made said 'guys, if you're graduating, how come you can't follow directions?'

Another guy has since responded twice, from his Sprint phone "plz stop sending me"

Yar
04-28-2009, 01:43 AM
yardie, it's a mailing list for "people who have studied abroad in the last two years". All of those names that aren't totally blacked out are people that said something like 'I'm graduating, take me off, thanks'. One fellow who replied after this image was made said 'guys, if you're graduating, how come you can't follow directions?':p I still don't get it but I'm going to laugh to fit in. :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-28-2009, 01:56 AM
"Fail" is not a noun.

rubah
04-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Kishi, sometimes I worry that you won't be able to keep up with language as it progresses into the next millennium

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-28-2009, 02:38 AM
Language will not mutate in the future as it has in past centuries, Allison. The prevalence and permanence of digital information is already solidifying the English paradigm, and those who attempt to upheave it will only succeed in embarrassing themselves.

Now, come to me, Allison.

rubah
04-28-2009, 02:47 AM
The upheavals are just as widely disseminated and chronicled as the mutations Webster tried to solidy. Making something permanent doesn't make it widely used ;D

Also I've been trying to go to you but I can't get you to agree to go swimming with me at the beach of my parents' choice in a certain state.

Caraliz
04-28-2009, 04:29 AM
Hahahahaa. There was a really funny instance of that in my college.

There was an email that went out to everyone reminding them to do the FAFSA or do something to get government aid.

I guess someone's mother got it. They meant to reply to their child, but they ended up replying to every single person with an email address in this college (thousands upon thousands of folks), saying something like:

"Sorry Andrew, we can't apply for this, your father makes too much money!

Love,
Mom"

Epic fail. It even made our newspaper.
This made me lol

Marshall Banana
04-28-2009, 04:45 AM
*nunchucks Kishi*

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/kirin/cannodankickl1.gif

Marshall Banana
04-28-2009, 07:23 PM