PDA

View Full Version : Hayate the Combat Butler

Vermachtnis
04-29-2009, 06:43 AM
I just started reading this the other day. It's really, really funny. My favorite character so far is Saku. She certainly knows how to make an entrance. I love how it doesn't take itself seriously. And Santa's a jerk.

As anyone else read this or watched the anime?

ShunNakamura
04-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Vaern and I have been watching the anime for a while(I was reading the manga at one point, but I sort of got interested in other reads).

Kinda funny timing on your part though. We just finished watching episode 35. After he left I check the forums and bang, a Hayate topic!

Hayate is great for a quick laugh or just to test your 'trivia' knowledge. There are a great number of references that occur after all! And as far as the anime goes we now have Season 2 as well to watch!

Værn
04-29-2009, 07:50 AM
RAWRZORZ!
I wonder if we could find Hayate in the manga section of the book store... I would think so...
Shun! We must investigate this idea tomorrow! (I might show up at ~4:00-ish if I'm not busy. How late is the mall open?!)

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-29-2009, 06:43 PM
I watched it for awhile, it was pretty funny but after around episode 12 or so I felt it started losing steam.

Momiji
04-29-2009, 06:52 PM
I've been tempted to watch it because it had Rie Kugimiya the tsundere queen in it, but I just haven't been interested enough to check it out.

Vermachtnis
04-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I've been tempted to watch it because it had Rie Kugimiya the tsundere queen in it, but I just haven't been interested enough to check it out.

I have no idea who that is, but I'm going to guess from her "title" she vociess Nagi. Who has one of the most grating personalities ever. Plus not to mention when I'm reading I'm hearing Mela Lee (Rin and Shinku's Dub VA) do her lines.

ShunNakamura
04-29-2009, 09:08 PM
I watched it for awhile, it was pretty funny but after around episode 12 or so I felt it started losing steam.

You may be right. Some episodes are definitely far better than others and I seem to remember more 'favorite' parts in the early episodes than in the later ones. However, I am still quite glad that I have watched past that point. There are quite a few gold moments I enjoyed. Such as the misunderstanding in Episode 24... Hayate really doesn't have a clue :D.

Ruriko
06-05-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm currently watching the 2nd season (http://www.lovelyanime.com) ^_^