PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a FF (Kefka?) Remix

Vyk
04-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Not sure exactly where to put this. I guess since I want help I'll stow it away in the Help forum. I'm going crazy here. I just spent all last night looking for a remix that I know exists. I just can't remember what it is. I'm almost positive it was from OC Remix. And I'm fairly sure it was Kefka's theme. It sounded like Circus music. They have one called Kefka goes Carnival. But that's definitely not it. This one sounded more circus organ'y. And kinda insane'ish. Seeing as they don't have anything like that for Kefka I thought maybe I was going crazy and maybe it was a looney Sephiroth One Winged Angel remix, as that could easily be turned into creepy carnival music too. Still no luck. Only two remixes of that, and neither are it. So I'm assuming OCRemix has removed it for some inexplicable reason. But I can't find it on youtube or anything either. My Google-fu has failed me

I know I'm not going insane

I acquired it about the same time I obtained a slasher/horror remix of One Winged Angel which I found last night to be from The Black Mages(edit: nope, I was wrong, its PMM). So I thought maybe they remixed the Kefka one, but then I find out they're just some rock metal guys who sometimes supplement with orchestra...

Help?

Carl the Llama
04-30-2009, 04:35 PM
I have all the black mages albums and think that the song your describeing is called Danceing Mad and in actual fact The Black Mages is a Japanese instrumental rock band formed by Nobuo Uematsu (composer of most of the music in the series).

The Man
04-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, you're probably looking for the Black Mages' cover of Dancing Mad, which is on their first album. I find some of their material to be a bit scattershot but that's definitely an awesome rendition.

Vyk
05-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys. But unfortunately its definitely not Dancing Mad. That's way too long and not fast enough. I remember the crazy circus organ thing coming in, within the first 30 seconds. Dancing mad takes way too long to build up. Kaiser was kind enough to send me a couple renditions of it just to be sure though

Sucks 'cause I thought I was on to something the other day. Something popped up on my Zune done by Project Majestic Mix, which reminded me that there was more than one group out there who specialized in remixing Final Fantasy music. But damn it, they don't have a Kefka cover, and their One Winged Angel cover seems to be the slasher horror sounding one

I'm running out of ideas... Stupid hard drive crashing

Slothy
05-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I can take a look through my remix collection later. I have a couple of ideas on songs it could be, but I don't have time to check them out right now (have to leave in a minute).

blackmage_nuke
05-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Try youtube but you might have to look through a few before you find the right one.

Kefka goes west from oc remix sounds pretty organy.

Slothy
05-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I can't be totally sure but I think this may be the Kefka mix you're looking for:

ReMix: Final Fantasy VI 'TheAtomizer' - OverClocked ReMix (http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00163/)

Vyk
05-05-2009, 03:43 AM
I scour youtube every couple days hoping to come across something. After a while its just all the same stuff though. Sorry Vivi, that's not it either. Thanks though :]

Edit: Well, I found it. Totally not worth the trouble. I had to have been a little more forgiving in my musical tastes back in the day lol... But now I can stop obsessing over it. One of the sites that always comes up in my searches is called BeeMP3. Great place to catch hard to find music, I've used it before. But never thought to search it for this. So I searched for Final Fantasy circus music. And got like a million results. Downloaded a ton of stuff that could be possible. On like the fourth page I found One Winged Techno OC Removed. It gave the artist, album, and webpage. Went to his page and he has a collection of Remixes that were apparently removed from OCRemix.org at one point or another. This being one of them. Anyone curious what all this mess was about can find it here (http://www.doulifee.com/Storage/OC_Removed/). Not sure many would enjoy it, but I guess its part of OCR lore. I don't think its horrible enough to have been removed. Dunno the story behind it, but yeah. Thanks for everyone that put forth any effort. This was a hard task, trying to find something that was apparently not even supposed to be on the internet anymore for whatever reason

Slothy
05-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah, some OCremixes have been removed over the years as they made changes to submission standards, others because they've been found to be straight midi rips. At least you found it. I'd guess it was probably removed for being too close to the source material in a lot of areas (sounds like it could even be a midi rip with some extra bells and whistles added). If the production on it were a little better it might not be so hard to listen to.

Vyk
05-06-2009, 02:23 AM
That's pretty much my feeling on it now too as time has taken its toll on it. The crazy clown style definitely has merit, this coulda been good if done more professionally. Ah well. Thanks again for everyone's time :]