PDA

View Full Version : Squall`s gunblade

Serapy
05-02-2009, 06:31 AM
This is a subjective topic but I always have believed that fate and destiny are all written over the game. About a year ago or so, I have posted a theory about Ultimecia when it comes to dealing with fate and destiny. Basically, the theory is that Ultimecia knew what she had to do next. She knew that she was going to die. She always have wanted to die. In time-travel, you could just try to pretend to achieve desired results. As a result, there are good chances that you will face consequences. That is one of the things Ultimecia truly have accomplished so far. She can finally die in peace!

The part where Ultimecia throws gunblade for Squall out of no where, I agree that sounds a bit far fetched. That is the main reason why I posted this thread.

At Dollet city, there are three gunblade look alikes at the front window of the Nautilus store near the shore. Did Squall get his gunblade originated from that store? Plot-wise, of course.

The three gunblade look alikes could be a coincidence, after all. However, there are too many coincidences in the game that happen to count in terms of plot.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7726/nautilus.gif

I think he purchased the gunblade from that store when he was younger. As a loner, he`s likely to have adored it so much... as a result, he has made it look better and polished.

The 'Nautilus' store serving gunblades ... ? Isn`t that so strange? By the way, Nautilus is the name for any marine creatures that derive from the cephalopod family Nautilidae.

I also think that Nautilus may play some role in the Swordfish painting at Ultimecia`s castle, since both creatures come from the sea.

champagne supernova
05-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I think both Squall and Seifer's gunblades came from Balamb Garden (or were bought by Garden). Although if I recall, Rinoa did mention something about Seifer going to Timber (which is obviously before he is a SeeD), so one cannot rule out that students could leave the Garden for a holiday and travel.

To be honest, I've never ever noted the gunblades in the window.

Serapy
05-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Maybe these weapons were in the characters` possessions before they came to Balamb Garden.

Lacarus
05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Maybe, but we know that the students have to choose a profession that reflects what they study: Attack Magic Operative, Fire Platoon, Sabers etc. and Squall never seemed to me as a magic kinda guy so maybe Garden provided him with a Gunblade when he chose to be in the Saber group. Seeing as Squall has no parents and no fortune of his own, this is highly probable. Also, students can choose to live at their homes instead of the dorms in Garden.

Serapy
05-29-2009, 08:06 AM
This is a bit exceptional but Balamb Garden doesn`t have any store for weapons. So, how did the garden provide weapons for its members then? It`s either superiors went off and bought the weapons for them or they created weapons out of magic. So, I think the characters getting thier weapons from outside of BG sound make more sense. Not to mention that the garden heavily enforces the rule; using a weapon or magic inside BG (except the training room) will get you punished.

Also, what about Selphie? She must have had her weapon before being transfered to Balamb Garden. Or else, she wouldn`t survive on the way.

Future Esthar
06-30-2009, 05:19 PM
If you analyse Dollet city deep you will realize it is Ulti´s castle on the future.
This was also Squall and Rinoa´s castle (she is Ulti´s daughter) in another timeline.
In the castle there is in fact an armory room which in the future could become Nautilus.

qwertysaur
06-30-2009, 07:35 PM
If you analyse Dollet city deep you will realize it is Ulti´s castle on the future.
This was also Squall and Rinoa´s castle (she is Ulti´s daughter) in another timeline.
In the castle there is in fact an armory room which in the future could become Nautilus.
huh? usually I can at least follow your theories but this one went way over my head. Care to explain?

Skyblade
06-30-2009, 08:02 PM
huh? usually I can at least follow your theories but this one went way over my head. Care to explain?

*Rushes qwertysaur to a mental institution*

You're asking him to explain? Seriously?

Serapy
06-30-2009, 11:00 PM

That's interesting! Now we have a few more paintings to solve ...

qwertysaur
06-30-2009, 11:06 PM

*Rushes qwertysaur to a mental institution*

You're asking him to explain? Seriously?
:spin:

Future Esthar
07-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Exactly Serapy.
In fact to prove Ulti is Julia you have to look at the XERAMPELINAE (red clothes) picture.
Ulti wears red clothes also and is the queen of the castle.
And you have the Love picture between Red Clothes and the Watchman picture.
Watchman represents Laguna,Kyros and Ward.
The fat one in the picture is Ward,the thinner and younger one is Kyros and the middle aged with moustache is Laguna.

Serapy
07-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Exactly Serapy.
In fact to prove Ulti is Julia you have to look at the XERAMPELINAE (red clothes) picture.
Ulti wears red clothes also and is the queen of the castle.
And you have the Love picture between Red Clothes and the Watchman picture.
Watchman represents Laguna,Kyros and Ward.
The fat one in the picture is Ward,the thinner and younger one is Kyros and the middle aged with moustache is Laguna.

Yep.

We have solved the INANDANTIA painting one as well. FLOOD was the cause of the skeletons' locations near Esthar. The place of Esthar used to be underwater.

INAUDAX, Cowardic. I'm not so sure about this painting. Only Biggs and Seifer mentioned this word. Maybe this relates to Ultimecia, she thinks that the SeeDs are cowards. Not sure.

INTERVIGILIUM, Sleep. This definitely represents NORG. He always sleep. Or does it represent the whole Shumi race? Well known for sleeping. The shumai race has evolved and reproduced in mass numbers over the next generations. That is how Ultimecia must have known one of the Shumis and painted the painting.

XYSTUS, Tree-lined Road. I'm not so sure about this one ...

Future Esthar
07-01-2009, 02:49 AM
I assume Ulti lives on the past,not on the future.
The paintings are not memories.
They were painted by Ulti´s daughter whose name is Ellone Rinva.
These paintings where based on present facts or future visions of Ellone.
If they were to be past representations they would be made in a non arhaic way.
But Ellone painted future events in a way she understands.

EDIT:The person who possess Ulti is very worried about these paintings.
Could it be that the fairy which appears and "absorbs the characters into time" is Ellone Rinva.
The non ruling members of the royal family tried to take Ellone on a ship to save her.
At this time they were having dreams of the future enabled by Ellone.(They are the persons lying near Edea´s house and one can see they are not dead because their eyes blink).
Some of this dreams includes the cursed fate that the members of the royal family will have(her husband Sqvall,their sun Zell,Zell´s wife Qvistix,their daughter Sophie and her husband Irvine).
It also include the present fate of Ultimedea´s husband Seifer et Almasie and the fate of Ultimedea herself.

(The Latin names are made by myself but they are irrelevant).

Ellone would be their only hope because of her time abilities.
Not only Ellone but also Sqvall´s father Vascaroon and his two friends Kiros and Vigil.

Vascaroon,Kiros and Vigil were Ultimedea´s loyal knights and very smart ones.
Once they saw chaos on the kingdom they start to behave cautiously and sweared to protect Ultimedea´s and her daughter Ellone Rinva.
They somehow figured Ulti was not behaving like herself and with the help of the non ruling members of the family tried to take Ellone away from her mother.Based on her main painting they knew they have to take her to some legendary garden near the castle.
This scared the hell out of the person possessing Ulti (let´s call this person X).
It was so strong that X was forced to do somehing unusual to change history dramatically to alter the way people see it.
The changes produced some timeline distortions obviously.
What X done to achieve it was WOTC(Well organized time compression).

Serapy
07-01-2009, 02:55 AM
Hmm, would that explain why the castle looks so old?

What about the IUDICIUM (Judgement) painting? TC = Judgement Day?

For those people who are not clear on the XIPHIAS (Swordfish) painting. Look at the first picture above, there are gunblades in the fish shop (Nautilus is related to fish). If you add gunblade with Nautilus, what's the result? Swordfish!

Future Esthar
07-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Exactly.The castle looks old because of that.

Judgement refers to the natural disaster that creates that big hole on Trabia.
You have to look at the picture to figure that.

In additional note the clock drawn by Ellone on the floor represents the TC world of FFVIII with Fishermans Horizon on the center (Understand my signature now?).
One can figure that the lands surround a central ocean with FH on the middle.
Also,the horizon bridge symbolizes two pointers going on opposite sides.
On the world map it would mark 9:15 or 3:45 (AM or PM).

In fact the clock on the tower has it´s pointers serving as bridge.

FFIX Choco Boy
07-01-2009, 04:40 AM
GAH! The avatars! Makes me want to say stop talking to yourself, and I know I'm not the only one... Oh, and there's no way Julia can be Ultimecia, because Rinoa is Ulti, duh. Then again, Ulti can't be Rinoa's mom then, because then Rinoa would be her own mother.