PDA

View Full Version : Turtles in Time remake!

Rostum
05-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Turtles in Time remake in development for XBLA, possibly PSN and WiiWare (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/01/turtles-in-time-remake-in-development-for-xbla-possibly-psn-and-wiiware/)

I loved the original.

Wolf Kanno
05-04-2009, 06:10 AM
I don't see why they need to remake it. Just release the Arcade version on the DLC Networks and call it a day. The game was awesome back in the day, I don't see why they need to put it in 3D.

Marshall Banana
05-04-2009, 07:21 AM
It's 3-D? =(

Rostum
05-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I would have been just as happy with them just rereleasing it (maybe higher resolution sprites?). But the 3D style looks like it realises the original design, so I think it looks awesome still.

Fonzie
05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
I want a Pokemon Silver and Gold remake. :(

Evastio
05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Nice timing considering I've played this game for the first time recently.

Although most people think that the graphics upgrade is bad, I don't really think so. I'd have been okay with them keeping the same graphics though they'd probably need a little refining.

What I really like about this remake is the fact that it shows everyone's stats and it saves your progress, allowing you to continue from other levels rather than starting from the beginning every time you start up the game.

Levian
05-05-2009, 12:55 AM
They should've just sticked to the same graphics and made new levels instead. I just can't see how they'd be able to change this game for the better by remaking it with better graphics. Of course, I have to try this game so I'll buy it if they release it for wiiware.

Rostum
05-05-2009, 01:36 AM
I still don't see why people are upset about the updated graphics, they look nice. If I really wanted to play it with the older graphics, I could just plug it into an emulator and voila - I could relive childhood memories.

(also I wouldn't get this JUST because it has updated graphics, if the whole experience is better, I'd get it)

Wolf Kanno
05-05-2009, 05:05 AM
My only issue is that it seems rather wasteful, I'd settle for just the original arcade game and call it a day but they feel the need to alter it. Its not like the game had bad graphics and needed a face lift.

KentaRawr!
05-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Considering the WiiWare's size limits, it probably won't be coming to WiiWare. How sad. :(

Rostum
05-05-2009, 07:50 AM
My only issue is that it seems rather wasteful, I'd settle for just the original arcade game and call it a day but they feel the need to alter it. Its not like the game had bad graphics and needed a face lift.

True I guess, but at least it'd attract younger gamers and it also gives artists a job in the end, so I can't complain.

blackmage_nuke
05-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I can just see the injuries people would get from using michealangelo's nunchucks on the wii.

Bolivar
05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
The game was awesome back in the day, I don't see why they need to put it in 3D.

Better graphics = Better game. Period.

I don't know, I think there would definately be a charm to it to release it in its original graphics, filtered to a nice 720p (1080p for ps3) resolution and having online co-op with trophies and achievements, but I really don't see any reason to complain about the graphics. I guess you could say profit and waste of development time, but I don't work for that company, why should I give a damn what their resources and profits are? I remember for FFIII DS, one of the developers said it would've taken so long the port all the code for FFIII that they figured they might as well remake it in 3d.

I think the facelift worked for WipeOut, I don't see why it wouldn't work for this. If anything, I wish they'd do this to more games or bring Shining Force III to the damn PSN Store.

Balzac
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
[quote=Wolf Kanno;2663750]I think there would definately be a charm to it to release it in its original graphics, filtered to a nice 720p (1080p for ps3) resolution.

You say that like the 360 can't do 1080p :P

Anyway, I'll be getting this one fo' sho'

Wolf Kanno
05-06-2009, 02:24 AM
The game was awesome back in the day, I don't see why they need to put it in 3D.

Its like its 97 all over again :roll2

I completely disagree.

The original game already has good graphics, the 3D doesn't look better than the 2D, so why bother? Besides, we've reached a point where I feel 3D and 2D are artistic choices now and not a technological requirement for good game. Its not like they are altering the gameplay and I feel the 3D isn't going to enhance the experience cause well, I've never seen it do it to be honest.

Marshall Banana
05-06-2009, 02:34 AM
I'm washin' your mouth out with soap.

Bolivar
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM
[quote=Wolf Kanno;2663750]I think there would definately be a charm to it to release it in its original graphics, filtered to a nice 720p (1080p for ps3) resolution.

You say that like the 360 can't do 1080p :P

natively?

I completely disagree.

The original game already has good graphics, the 3D doesn't look better than the 2D, so why bother? Besides, we've reached a point where I feel 3D and 2D are artistic choices now and not a technological requirement for good game. Its not like they are altering the gameplay and I feel the 3D isn't going to enhance the experience cause well, I've never seen it do it to be honest.

It was a joke! A Joke! you should know that by now!!!

Shlup
05-08-2009, 03:06 AM
JUST PLAY THE OLD ONE, LAMONDA.

Wolf Kanno
05-08-2009, 04:21 AM
It was a joke! A Joke! you should know that by now!!!

:p

Marshall Banana
05-08-2009, 04:51 AM
JUST PLAY THE OLD ONE, LAMONDA.
DADDY.