PDA

View Full Version : Rantzien's Got Talent

Yar
05-05-2009, 02:33 AM
The topic is best/worst acts of Britain's Got Talent, folks. If you want to discuss the validity of talent shows or whatever, you can start another thread about that.

Talent shows, I like how they are (usually) family friendly and light-hearted. I can watch them without using too many braincells. Like a Flavor of Love marathon.

Are they valid? I could see why it wouldn't be in the network's best interest in some cases, but I'm not going to go claiming they're fraudulent.

:)

Bunny
05-05-2009, 03:03 AM
They are valid for crushing the human spirit and hopefully upping the suicide rate among angsty, talentless teenagers and young adults.

Momiji
05-05-2009, 03:05 AM
Sure, if you like gathering a bunch of talentless people and letting the world vote on the most talented out of them. :monster:

You don't use brain cells watching Flavor of Love or any of its just-as-god-awful spinoffs. You lose brain cells watching them.

Caraliz
05-05-2009, 03:58 AM
I HATE THEM WITH A BURNING PASSION

Miriel
05-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Haters to the mothersmurfing left.

I love talent shows. I love seeing people do extraordinary things.

May 22, So You Think You Can Dance is back, bitches! I'm so excited. :excited:

Momiji
05-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Haters to the mothersmurfing left.

I love talent shows. I love seeing people do extraordinary things.

I will admit that I'm starting to enjoy the dancing talent shows. Some of that stuff is just phenomenal. I'm referring more to shows like American Idol where some of the winners become forgotten a year or so after the season ends. xD

Heath
05-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Not a fan of them.

I can see the appeal, but they aren't simply aren't my kind of show. I must admit, that I've become somewhat further disillusioned by them since I watched Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe and have been made more aware of some of the techniques that such shows utilise.

And I certainly cannot stomach any of the 'Got Talent' shows because Piers Morgan is pretty much up there on my list of "slimy, horrid TV personalities." I hate how someone who has been such an unrepentant git in the past is now really popular as a judge on these kinds of shows.

Monol
05-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Hah I love these freakin shows

They can keep me entertained for hours

Sure some things are rigged, you forget about some of the winners and america can make some dumb choices.

But its the "moment'' that matters. Where someone becomes a star or when somone/or group recieves a standing ovation, seeing somone achieve that is somewhat inspiring at times.

So you think you can dance is straight up the beez kneez though O_o bias aside that show rules.

Label me excited for the new season.

scrumpleberry
05-05-2009, 12:41 PM
It depends if any of the contestants are talented, and if so how many.

But if it's just a bunch of really awful people, nothx.

Fonzie
05-05-2009, 01:58 PM
The only reason I turn on any of the big television stations is to watch the daily/local news.

Anniexo
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I only like watching them to watch talentless people fail

LunarWeaver
05-06-2009, 02:03 AM
I watch So You Think You Can Dance. It's cute enough and all. And if you make it onto the actual show, you have some real talent in you. I skip over the audition :bou::bou::bou::bou:, though. The majority of it is basically making fun of people. I know a lot of viewers love the car crashes, but I can't watch them without feeling bad for the contestants. :aimblush: Plus it's just boring.

As for everything else, watch it if you want. They don't bother me.