PDA

View Full Version : Question about Gabranth (spoiler?)

hhr1dluv
05-06-2009, 05:42 AM
So, here's what I know about Gabranth. His home kingdom of Landis (I think) is taken over by an empire (the Archadian empire?), which motivates him to become a rebel. As a rebel, he impersonates Basch during that whole deal with Dalmasca, and kills Raminas because he thinks it's a traitorous move for Dalmasca to join up with the empire. If that's the case, why does he later become a Judge?

I realize that there could be many wrong things with what I wrote above. Mostly I just want to understand what was up with Gabranth's (Noah's) character. What motivated him to become a Judge, why did he kill Raminas, why does he protect Larsa, and what estranged him from his brother?

Lacarus
05-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Noah was never a rebel. He moved with their sick mother to Archadia, her homeland, and there he joined the Archadian Military. Basch fled to Dalmasca. The plot at Nalbina Fortress was to make the Dalmascans belive their captain (Basch) was a traitor who killed Raminas, and by that give the Archadians an excuse to take over Dalmasca.

hhr1dluv
05-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Yeah, I totally missed that. When was that explained?

Renmiri
05-08-2009, 04:04 AM
The deception was explained during the game. The sick mother part I don't know where Lacarus got from.

Wolf Kanno
05-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Its stated in the Ultimania and slightly hinted in the game.

Bolivar
05-14-2009, 01:43 AM
It seems he made judge when he took part in that farce the night of Raminas' murder.

sir helix
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
heres a question if the judges are archadian then why in revenent wings was basch a judge for dalmasca, or does it have to do with ashe and larsa joining the nations in harmony?

if you lose brain cells reading the above, then you can hunt me down, i give you the right.

PeneloRatsbane
05-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah its Arcadians and Dalmasca uniting, thats why Basch helps Ashe (other than the fact they are buddies of course)
Larsa is now in charge of Arcadians and Ashe is in charge of Dalmasca so they are working together

Wolf Kanno
05-15-2009, 06:34 AM
heres a question if the judges are archadian then why in revenent wings was basch a judge for dalmasca, or does it have to do with ashe and larsa joining the nations in harmony?

if you lose brain cells reading the above, then you can hunt me down, i give you the right.

I'd use some spoiler tags there...:eep:

Anyway, the reason why is... Basch has taken his brother's identity. Basch himself is suppose to be dead and would be hunted as a criminal if he revealed himself. He takes Noah's place at the end of FFXII so he can continue his brother's job of protecting Larsa.

sir helix
05-17-2009, 04:21 AM

I'd use some spoiler tags there...:eep:

Anyway, the reason why is... Basch has taken his brother's identity. Basch himself is suppose to be dead and would be hunted as a criminal if he revealed himself. He takes Noah's place at the end of FFXII so he can continue his brother's job of protecting Larsa.

oh now it all makes sence