PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool movie

Depression Moon
05-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Solo project slated for the Merc with a Mouth and Wolvie's set to return, too! | Marvel.com News | Marvel.com (http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.7931.Deadpool_Movie_Confirmed~excl~_More_Wolverine~excl~)

Is it just me or does it seem like Marvel is trying to do too many films at one time.

They already have a Magneto, Captain America, Thor, and Avengers movie planned.

Peegee
05-07-2009, 07:08 PM
They aren't all scheduled to be released in the same year, right?

So they're just milking the market.

I liked the new hulk and iron man movies. I haven't actually watched origins, so I can't comment personally, but marvel tends to produce decent films (hides from Spiderman 3)

hm..

I am now intrigued and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Depression Moon
05-07-2009, 07:30 PM
No all those filsm aren't for the same year, and there are pretty bad marvel films like Punisher, Elektra, the first hulk, and Daredevil. Thgey didn't start to become really good until Paramount starting making the films. I've also heard word of Luke Cage, a new X-men movie with the crew as teens, and new entries for Iron Man and spiderman.

Just look at that roster.

Spider-man 4
Iron Man 2
Magneto
Deadpool
New X-Men
Thor
Captain America
Avengers
Luke Cage

I am uneasy on how many of those will turn out good. Wesley Snipes and Stan lee have been trying to get a Black Panther film made since the 90's. I wonder when we're going to see that.
There's one thing you can surely gurantee though. If you want to make a comic book and see it adapted to film, then Marvel's definitely the best company to go with.

Big D
05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
The proposed origins movie for Magneto should be great, since there're decades of back-story to cover there. Assuming they choose to go into all that, rather than skipping straight to recent history as they did with Wolverine...

It'd be awesome to see how Magneto went from brilliant philanthropist and humanitarian, to virtual 'enemy of the people' and opposed to his old friend Xavier. Also, such a movie also promises lots of Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, which makes me happy.

Curious... how could they make a Deadpool movie interesting, given the events of Wolverine? For most of that film, he's just a mutant soldier with remarkable reflexes, swordsmanship and co-ordination. And a 'tude. I'm not sure he'd be interesting or unique enough to carry a film on his own, not unless he's wildly re-written from the version of the character we were introduced to recently.

Wolf Kanno
05-08-2009, 05:02 AM
They'll probably pull an Electra and semi re-write the whole thing. Deadpool is an awesome character and I felt Ryan Reynolds did a fine job playing as him. The problem is how they smurfed up his origin which seems to be something they are going to keep (Deadpool has apparently gained the ability to copy other mutant powers. Something tells me Stan's been watching Heroes a wee bit :roll2)

Deadpool could be interesting if they decide to go the "avant garde" route and turn him into a bit of a satire piece like his comic series was. He used to break the fourth wall and make fun of other comic books while doing his own misadventures. He even died in his book and was replaced by four new Deadpools, poking fun at a different comics book legend...;)

Its got potential but I feel the film may have already been marred a bit. They'll probably make him more serious than he should be, just like Spider Man.

Bunny
05-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Didn't Ryan Reynolds do a terrible job portraying Deadpool?

Del Murder
05-08-2009, 06:14 AM
If the Deadpool is like Wolf Kanno's version then it might be good, but the Wolverine version wasn't enough to carry a whole film. Plus he, uh, kind of lost his head.

I'm looking forward to Magneto, Iron Man 2, and Captain America (if it takes place in WWII era which I think it does, I've always loved that origin story).

Avengers might be good but I think it will be too saturated with costumed heroes to get anywhere. Spider-Man jumped the shark with part 3 and the others are too minor for me to care.

Wolf Kanno
05-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Didn't Ryan Reynolds do a terrible job portraying Deadpool?

I felt he did a stand up job. He's practically perfect for the part.

If the Deadpool is like Wolf Kanno's version then it might be good, but the Wolverine version wasn't enough to carry a whole film. Plus he, uh, kind of lost his head.

Someone didn't watch the easter egg at the end... ;)

I'm looking forward to Magneto, Iron Man 2, and Captain America (if it takes place in WWII era which I think it does, I've always loved that origin story).

Iron Man 2 should be good and I'm looking forward to Captain America as I always loved him. Though I would love seeing him kicking Nazi ass, my favorite part is when he is awakened decades later and finds himself in a very different world than he left.

Magneto would also be cool but I'm a bit more worried about that one. His origin is very emotional and not action based. I worry Hollywood's going to make lots of additions or just completely rewrite it. God knows Legion won't be showing up.

Avengers might be good but I think it will be too saturated with costumed heroes to get anywhere. Spider-Man jumped the shark with part 3 and the others are too minor for me to care.

Avengers might be good as long as they keep as just the basic four planned. If they pull an X3/ MK2 on us and start throwing everyone who has been in the Avengers as well as the main four it will be pretty bad.

Spider Man is up in the air. It really depends on whether they are going to stick with the main crew or not. Personally, I feel its time for a new actor as Spider Man ( and a new Mary Jane while we're at it) cause I'm kinda getting sick of "Oh my god, its so hard being Spider Man!!! Wah! Wah! Spidey needs a bottle" :roll2

I know its part of the drama of his character but Peter also enjoys being Spider Man and I feel the films stick too much of it on him hating his secret life. It would be better if they let him start enjoying it more and actually start using his smart mouth more. Spidey's not suppose to be this whiney about his existence.

Del Murder
05-08-2009, 04:20 PM
After the credits ended on Wolverine all I saw was him at a bar in the most lame after-credits scene ever. How long am I supposed to sit there?

Depression Moon
05-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Ryan Reynolds even looks like Deadpool when he has his head shaved. I agree about the Spiderman- too much has been about how he hates juggling both and I doubt he's like that all the time. I also forgot about the Silver Surfer. I heard a while back after Fantastic Four II that they were planning to do something else with the Surfer. Galactus is too big of a villain just to kill off like that without showing his face.

DC on the otherhand isn't doing :bou::bou::bou::bou:. They are without a doubt are going to make a sequel to the second best-selling movie of all time, and the only other thing I've heard about was a re spin on superman which they really need, but they're doing nothing else. DC has to have some other great characters to make a film on right?

Del Murder
05-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Perhaps an Aquaman movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal?

Depression Moon
05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Aquaman sucks.

Del Murder
05-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Even if James Cameron directed it?

Big D
05-09-2009, 01:05 AM
[quote=Del Murder;2664800]If the Deadpool is like Wolf Kanno's version then it might be good, but the Wolverine version wasn't enough to carry a whole film. Plus he, uh, kind of lost his head.

Someone didn't watch the easter egg at the end... ;)Not everyone got that same clip. My cinema had the 'Japanese bar' scene instead...

Wolf Kanno
05-09-2009, 06:08 AM
I didn't realize there was two of them...

In my version, you see Deadpool's head wake up, his mouth open, and he hushes the audience telling them its a secret he's still alive. Its pretty lame tbh.

Ouch!
05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
I didn't realize there was two of them...

In my version, you see Deadpool's head wake up, his mouth open, and he hushes the audience telling them its a secret he's still alive. Its pretty lame tbh.
Lame, but at least they kept Deadpool's habit of breaking the fourth wall. That might make him a bit more of an interesting character.