PDA

View Full Version : QUICK way to get Lulu's VENUS SIGIL!

tidushuyincloud lover4evr
05-08-2009, 12:48 AM
You know how there is two save slots in the Thunder Plains? Well! I discovered a veryy convenient way to do the 200 consectutive lighting strikes to get Lulu's Venus Sigil:

[By the save spheres]
Do however many strikes you want, preferably i stop at 20, cause 20-50 is usually when i mess up, after you do so many, like 10-20 or whatever you prefer, and save it BEFORE you get hit again with lighting! Then if you get hit by the lighting again, just restart the game [hold L1 L2 R1 R2 start & select] and start from whatever number you were on. it goes by MUCH faster. :)

I really hope I helped!!!:)

blackmage_nuke
05-08-2009, 01:02 AM
I believe the counter resets whenever you save or get too close to one of the towers.

Zeromus_X
05-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Does that really help? I was under the impression the count reset if you saved.

Rantz
05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, saving or entering Rin's Travel Agency resets the counter.

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh how I wish it were that easy ;_;

Big D
05-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Saving doesn't work as far as I know, but there IS a trick to speed it up. On some parts of the Thunder Plains, the lightning strikes at a much greater rate. If you choose one of the 'fast' areas, it takes about 45 minutes to get all 200 dodges, versus a couple of hours in the slower zones. Something like that, anyway.

Tavrobel
05-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Do however many strikes you want, preferably i stop at 20, cause 20-50 is usually when i mess up, after you do so many, like 10-20 or whatever you prefer, and save it BEFORE you get hit again with lighting!

I really hope I helped!!!:)

You didn't because:

Yeah, saving or entering Rin's Travel Agency resets the counter.

Roogle
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Honestly, I used a Codebreaker to unlock the Venus Sigil because I received no personal fulfillment from completing such a ridiculous requirement and minigame.

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2009, 05:16 PM
I think what I did was use one to make the dodge count super high because anything that gave me the sigil messed up some other stuff x.x

killiancurse21
06-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Saving or going near a tower does not reset it. However, when you load the game again, it resets.

So in simple terms: you can shelter under the towers for a while or save your game as much as you like, but if you actually restart and reload the game, it resets to 0. Kind of like fighting Dark Yojimbo.

Tavrobel
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
I believe the counter resets whenever you save or get too close to one of the towers.

Only the first is true.

Rantz
06-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Merged the two identical threads about this.

I heard something about the counter resetting if a bolt hits the tower you're standing under, but I guess that might very well be untrue.

killiancurse21
06-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm almost certian it doesn't reset the counter, but not 100%. I'll test it out sometime.

And also - saving the game does NOT reset the counter (however, when you load the save again, it will reset). Entering the travel agency, I'm not sure about.

You can save as many times as you like with no interruption. However, if you actually reset the PS2 and load this save, THEN the counter will be reset.

ReloadPsi
06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Merged the two identical threads about this.

I heard something about the counter resetting if a bolt hits the tower you're standing under, but I guess that might very well be untrue.

It happened to me once. I was very sad.

In any case, I consider Lulu kinda useless once everyone else finishes the Sphere Grid and the only difference is everyone's Overdrives and how long it takes their attacks to animate. Lulu moves soooo slowly, even under Haste.

auronlu
10-31-2009, 09:16 PM
40 minutes to an hour? Good heavens.
I usually get the Venus Sigil in about 20 minutes, parked just north of the trough-path leading to the travel agency. Lightning strikes about once every 2 seconds there. It's easy-peasy.

*zap* knocks you back into the trough. Step forward.
Rinse, repeat.

It takes a little longer than 20 minutes if i do it before acquiring a NO-ENCOUNTER item, but it's still pretty durned quick. Not like the blasted butterflies and chocobo races that take multiple attempts.

Garnie
12-01-2009, 05:18 PM
i have a little tip! In the little area where the treasure chest and the catuar shrine thingy is ( its the same area where you go into that cave with the dragon on X-2 before the gay concert) if you stand behind the catuar shrine, when the bolt hits you and you dodge, you wont actually go anywhere. it makes it so much easier if you dont have no encounters.

Gueifu
02-10-2011, 02:47 AM
yeah i was trying to think of one...they don't have them at the newbury comics in boston? bring an ipod loaded with decent music and some bear mace if you have to go there, it's hipster season.