PDA

View Full Version : Saving a file as phps

Levian
05-08-2009, 03:33 AM
I have a php file, and my teacher wants me to make a phps version in addition to the php file, so he will be able to read it.

How do I do that? ;o

Have to deliver a project in 8 or so hours :D

edit: There's no way for Notepad++ to save it as phps, just php.

I opened it in Notepad though, will it work if I select all files and just add the extension .phps?

edit2: well it SEEMS to be working for me at least. Hmm, just want to make sure though.

rubah
05-08-2009, 05:58 AM
wtf is phps?

Just save it with that extension. it works for like 95% of [plaintext] files.

crono_logical
05-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Is he reading the .phps file from the same website you have the .php stored, maybe for comparison of source and result? If so, he's probably just saying save a copy with a different file extension, so when you browse to it, you see the source code instead of the server actually running the script :p Seems a bit of a silly way to do things though :p

NeoTifa
05-09-2009, 03:51 AM
Is there actually a difference? Or is it a html vs. htm thing?

Levian
05-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Is he reading the .phps file from the same website you have the .php stored, maybe for comparison of source and result? If so, he's probably just saying save a copy with a different file extension, so when you browse to it, you see the source code instead of the server actually running the script :p Seems a bit of a silly way to do things though :p

Yeah, that's exactly what he wanted. I just didn't know how to save the file as a phps. Turns out I couldn't do it with Notepad++, but it worked for regular Notepad. :p