PDA

View Full Version : Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Vermachtnis
05-08-2009, 04:35 AM
Kotaku - Pokemon Gold And Silver Getting DS Remakes - Pokemon (http://kotaku.com/5245005/pokemon-gold-and-silver-getting-ds-remakes#c12669862)

I didn't get Platinum cause I new this was coming out. I'm so excited. Gold and Silver were my favorite generation. Totodile is awesome!

Evastio
05-08-2009, 05:00 AM
It seems real enough.

That'd also explain the 2nd Generation Starters being in the 12th movie with Arceus (http://www.serebii.net/movies/arceus/) (scroll down to see what I mean). Though it's really strange that they released Platinum before this.

(notices I'm not showing my excitement)

I am going to be looking forward to this though. :D

We finally get access to Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, and Ho-oh without events or other brutal tasks (completing the Hoenn Dex, beating Mt. Battle's Trainers 1 to 100 without changing Pokemon or quitting, purifying all 48 Shadow Pokemon, etc). I hope they'll somehow include the 3rd and 4th Generation Pokemon without straying from the original too much, like they did in FireRed and LeafGreen (as in FR and LG did a good job at restriction 2nd Generation access since it was only possible after defeating the Elite Four).

One thing I'm really hoping for is being able to transfer Pokemon from the DS games to the GBA games. It most likely won't be possible, but there's always a chance. Gold and Silver was when backwards compatibility was first introduced so that'll help boost the likelihood of that happening.

qwertysaur
05-08-2009, 05:50 AM
:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:choc:

Momiji
05-08-2009, 08:08 AM
DO FREAKING WANT

It's to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Gold/Silver's release.

Who's up for some Wi-Fi battling when it comes out overseas? :D

Fonzie
05-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I was going to make this. =[

Oh well, I'm fucking excited as hell.

Blue Harvest
05-08-2009, 04:39 PM
We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later. It's supposed to be coming out in autumn in Japan so I estimate spring 2010 for America and summer for everywhere else.

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Hooray! I loved Silver. Especially when I found out I get to go back to Kanto n.n

Iceglow
05-08-2009, 05:34 PM
The irony is we should have all grown out of pokemon games and yet our little gamer hearts leapt for joy and a manical smile of glee crossed all our faces with this announcment. I will never grow up enough to be considered an adult lol.

Bunny
05-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Those are such terrible names.

Depression Moon
05-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I would be a little excited, but I have no DS and probably won't for a few years.

Rase
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
And... sold.

I haven't enjoyed a Pokemon game since Gold and Silver, but playing through Gold again last year was still fun. I just wish they had not made the names so randomly dumb.

scrumpleberry
05-08-2009, 06:47 PM

I nearly laughed at them, but they were so bad all I could manage was a snerrrk.

Gosh, Ruby and Sapphire'll be getting remakes now, the rate they're going!

But I'm not complaining. I think sticking to the current roster of pokemon and doing fun things with those pokemon is the best way to go, they're getting incredibly unoriginal already.

Vermachtnis
05-08-2009, 06:54 PM

Yes they are. Me and some people came up with Shining Silver and Glittering Gold as better names. Not much better, but still.

Skyblade
05-08-2009, 08:03 PM
I prefer the names to Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Not an unexpected announcement at all, but still one that I was pleased to hear. Gold and Silver were great games (not quite as good as XD, but better than any other games in the Pokemon series), and it will be nice to return to their region.

Momiji
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
The irony is we should have all grown out of pokemon games and yet our little gamer hearts leapt for joy and a manical smile of glee crossed all our faces with this announcment. I will never grow up enough to be considered an adult lol.

You don't grow out of Pokémon. If you do, consider yourself a stiff and boring adult. :mad2:

Anniexo
05-14-2009, 03:44 PM
The tenth anniversary remakes will be called Pokémon Heart Gold and Poké Soul Silver — much akin to the Fire Red and Leaf Green Gameboy Advance remakes of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green.

Since this didn't come out of Japan don't ya think leaf green should of been water blue since we had blue and red?

Anyways I can't wait to get these games, I like how you can have a pokemon follow you like that did in yellow Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver - Pre-Release Screenshots (http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml)

Iceglow
05-14-2009, 08:57 PM
I might need correcting but didn't green also come out in Germany? Also I haven't grown out of Pokemon, I'm so addicted that I've gotten 4 badges in diamond and yet over 2/3rds of the national pokedex.

Anniexo
05-14-2009, 10:29 PM
I might need correcting but didn't green also come out in Germany? Also I haven't grown out of Pokemon, I'm so addicted that I've gotten 4 badges in diamond and yet over 2/3rds of the national pokedex.

No Green is Japanese only

Pokémon Green (ポケットモンスター 緑 ,Poketto Monsutā Midori?, "Pocket Monsters Green"), featuring Venusaur as its mascot, was brought out alongside Red in the initial Japanese release of the games. It never reached other regions; instead being replaced by Pokémon Blue, which was a mail-order-only special edition in Japan.[43]

But it was the first one to be made so that's way it was remade and not blue, but I still since they should of done blue and not green due to green being Japanese release only.

qwertysaur
05-15-2009, 03:20 PM
In Japan Pokemon Red and Green were released initially. Following that Pokemon Blue was released with a slightly updated game engine and script. So Blue version in Japan is the true third game in the set, Yellow is the odd one that is the fourth.

When Pokemon came to America, they took the script from Blue and combined it with Red and Green's Pokemon lists. So we never actually got to play Pokemon Blue ever, our Pokemon Blue is really Green. The name was changed simply to reflect that the American games were the combination of Red/Green and Blue.

Zeromus_X
05-15-2009, 03:40 PM
This is very nice, G/S/C is my favorite generation. I wonder if they will do a remake of Crystal too, or is it unlikely?

Rocket Edge
05-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Hella yeah. Haha, I really shouldn't be exited about this, but I can't help it!

Evastio
05-22-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm looking forward to this game even more, now that I remember Fire Breather Dick (the trainer in the Dungeon with Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) is in it. :D

Hopefully they won't change his name in the DS Remake.