PDA

View Full Version : A story of hope for those who enjoy shopping.

Rye
05-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted in LJ:

I'll just put it out there. I hate almost every retail store that sells designer clothing for cheap. Perhaps there's some bitterness due to working at TJ Maxx for about a year, but there's so much wrong with them. Such a beautiful idea is put into terrible execution. These stores are messy and confusing. Finding good clothes is like finding a needle in a haystack. The customers are white trash and the workers are more apathetic than a bunch of philosophy majors reading The Stranger. Except they're mostly too stupid to have read such a book, or probably any book.

With that said, there's a shining beacon of hope among all discount designer retail, an example of what should be done, and what is right. And that store is DSW Shoes.

Without fail, it is one of my favorite stores. The outside gives the illusion of being high-class, so it scares away the terrible white trash riff-raff that go into places like TJ Maxx with their stomachs hanging out of their size 22 Tommy Hilfiger jeans, scratching their hey-nonny-nonnys asking where "Vay-ruh Wong" is. Inside the well-light interior, everything is organized into about 15 or 20 white waist-high rows that go for yards and yards to the end of the store, where there is a small area in the back for the extra discounted shoes. Each row or set of rows are organized into types of shoes, and the designers are put into a specific order on each row so if you say "Hey, I want New York Jones gladiators", you go there, and you find it.

And they supply really great designers too. TJ Maxx, once and a while you'll find really exceptional designer things, but for the most part, it's the Middle America housewife sort of designers that no one my age wants to be caught dead in.

I mean, for christsake, I bought suede Steve Madden slouch boots on sale for about $50. I'm almost certain my roommate had the same Steve Madden boots, if not very similar and still slouchy and suede, but in black, and she paid $160 for them. smurf yeah!

They even had some Coach shoes, though I didn't get to look because after buying my Steve Maddens and my new cute suede flats, my Mom had to steal me from falling in love with any more shoes.

http://www.splendicity.com/shopaholicsdaily/files/2008/01/steve-madden-flat-boot.jpg

And that is why I love DSW Shoes exclusively. Every other low price messy craphole can spontaneously combust. they're all going out of business, though, which works - suck it, Filnes Basement! :colbert:

---

What is your favorite store, and why is it better than all of the rest? :bigsmile:

Yar
05-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Old Navy. I go there when I need clothes, because every time I go there, the things I want are on sale! :D Last time I went I got three very nice T-Shirts for $15.

It's better than the rest because idk it just is.

scrumpleberry
05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Ooh I would post the most amazing pair of boots I found in TK Maxx once, still my faves.

But cba :P they are quite gorgeous though.

but but i like the stranger what is wrong with it

Rye
05-13-2009, 07:48 PM
TK Maxx is apparently kind of classy though, unlike the American version. Every British person has told me that. So I'll have to joyfully check it out in September when I go abroad. :bigsmile:

(Nothing is wrong with Th Stranger. I liked it. It's just, you know, nihilistic writing.)