PDA

View Full Version : I'm so happy

NeoTifa
05-14-2009, 12:44 AM
I can see my teeth again for the first time in 6-7 years. I can finally brush them good. I can finally floss good. I can bleach my teeth. I can smile and not cut my lips. I can eat without having to clean my teeth out after every bite. I can eat apples and steak and caramel again. Ahhhhh.... relief

Have you ever had braces?

<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_640762-->

Rye
05-14-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm one of the only people I know who never had to have braces. Now my teeth are getting a little less straight ever since my wisdom teeth started coming in so I should get a retainer, but I'm scared.

Caraliz
05-14-2009, 01:03 AM
I have had braces for 2 years. My teeth were jacked up, yo. Jr. High was braces time. I had an expander, rubber bands and stupid braces of course. And then I got a permanent retainer put in so I will always have straight teeth! One of the things people first notice about me are how straight my teeth are. They were not always this way... >;c

NeoTifa
05-14-2009, 01:15 AM
They said I was only going to have them on for 3 years. They spent the other three or four trying to fix my midline. My bottom teeth refuse to move, so we all just gave up and took them off. They're still not even. I even doubled up on my rubber bands trying to move them.

Yar
05-14-2009, 01:47 AM
When I first read that, I was all :erm: :Oo:

Never had braces. I need them. I want to get the fancy invisible kind.

NeoTifa
05-14-2009, 03:01 AM
That's what my retainer looks like.

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Make sure you wear your retainer. I didn't and my bottom teeth are all crooked again :(

I had an EXTREEEEME overbite, so they had all kindsa metal stuff in there. My personal favorite was the herbst. The top part had two sleeves and the bottom part had two arms that went in the sleeves, so I had to put it back together every time I yawned. Also whenever anyone asked wtf I had in my mouth I would say "I have a herbst." "What, you have herpes?!"

:eep:

Breine
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Never. I've always been really lucky when it comes to my teeth. They've always been nice and straight, and I've only had like one cavity in my life.

Oh, I did have a tooth ache as a kid, though, and I had to have the tooth pulled out. But yeah, one cavity and a tooth ache is like my entire dental history.

Blue Harvest
05-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Nope, never had them.

Psychotic
05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Had 'em for a couple of years when I was 11-13. My teeth were (and are I suppose) way advanced. Like I had the mouth of a 18 year old or something. Either way, they're straight as they come now. :aimsun:

Caraliz
05-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Make sure you wear your retainer. I didn't and my bottom teeth are all crooked again :(

I had an EXTREEEEME overbite, so they had all kindsa metal stuff in there. My personal favorite was the herbst. The top part had two sleeves and the bottom part had two arms that went in the sleeves, so I had to put it back together every time I yawned. Also whenever anyone asked wtf I had in my mouth I would say "I have a herbst." "What, you have herpes?!"

:eep:
What, you have herpes?!

scrumpleberry
05-14-2009, 05:22 PM
I had to have to have braces separately on both top and bottom for some slight crowding, the time I had them totalled to about 2 years and 4 months. But my orthodontist was excellent, I was really happy with the treatment I got and now my teeth are doing great :D Mmmm straight

It feels SO WEIRD when you get them taken off

Rye: Do it do it do it. You will regret it if you don't, and the earlier you see someone about it the better, and then you can have beyoootiful teeth again!

Vermachtnis
05-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I've never had herpes. Or braces.

Boney King
05-14-2009, 06:44 PM
They said I was only going to have them on for 3 years. They spent the other three or four trying to fix my midline. My bottom teeth refuse to move, so we all just gave up and took them off. They're still not even. I even doubled up on my rubber bands trying to move them.
Pretty much exactly what happened to me.

Avarice-ness
05-14-2009, 07:23 PM
I got my braces when I was like 13 I got them off at 15 or so, Now I just have a permanent retainer, so I never have to worry about my teeth becoming crooked. I've always wondered if I could break it off my teeth, but I don't plan on trying. xD

Aerith's Knight
05-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Never, because I didn't suck on my thumb. :D

NeoTifa
05-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I realized that in 2 months they would've been on for 7 years.

~*~Celes~*~
05-15-2009, 10:00 PM
i got them when i was 11 and had them taken off when i was 13. I hated em :(

Also i stopped wearing my retainers cause i hated the way i sounded when i talked, and now my slight overbite is back, as well as a little bit of extra space between some teeth. TBH I didn't really NEED braces. But i was desperately clinging when my dentist said it might be a good idea cause i wanted the experience.

Balzac
05-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Never had them, I only have one tooth really out of place and that's because I knocked it that way being stupid.

Caraliz
05-15-2009, 10:37 PM
STU HAS A SNAGGLETOOTH

Shiny
05-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Luckily I haven't had to have braces and I have only had two cavities thus far. If there's one thing good I can say about genetics, is that they were on my side with my teeth.

Shoeberto
05-18-2009, 05:05 AM
Yeahhh same here. I hate wearing those retainers though. I basically have one tooth in my bottom row that sticks way out now, but it's not horrible, I guess.

I wore braces for I guess about two years. I forgot all about having to rubber band them and stuff. What a horrible experience. I also had some big bite blockers before them. Yuck.

Leeza
05-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Nope, I never needed braces. :cat:

Momiji
05-18-2009, 06:09 AM
I have an overbite that should have been taken care of a long fucking time ago, but my parents never got around to it. I don't like it, but I deal with it, I suppose. I end up biting my lower lip a lot, and I never, ever, EVER show my teeth when I smile. Never have, never will.

Loony BoB
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
For about three horrid years, yes, I had braces.

Captain Maxx Power
05-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Never had bracers. Never needed them, no need to have them.

fire_of_avalon
05-18-2009, 03:39 PM
I probably "should've" had them as I have crooked teeth, but I don't have a lot of overcrowding, a bad bite and they don't bug me. So it would've been for cosmetic reasons, really, if I'd had them.

So no. I'm pretty much the only person irl i know who never had braces.

NeoTifa
05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
My overbite was so horrid that they said I was getting nerve damage and my teeth would've fallen out by the time I was 30 >_>

Gullick
05-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Congrats on finally having them out.

I had an overbite aswell and that made me have about a year and a half of these wierd plastic braces.

Still, was worth it.

NeoTifa
05-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Thanks. *gets teary eyed*

Bunny
05-20-2009, 02:07 AM
Aha! happy go lucky me!
I just go my way,
Living everyday!

I don't worry!
Worrying don't agree,
Things that bother you,
Never bother me!

Things that bother you,
Never bother me
I feel happy and fine!
Aha!
Living in the sunlight,
Loving in the moonlight
Having a wonderful time!

Haven't got a lot,
I don't need a lot
Coffee's only a dime
Living in the sunlight,
Loving in the moonlight,
Having a wonderful time!

Just take it from me,
I'm just as free as any daughter.
I do what i like,
Just what i like,
And how i love it!

I'm right here to stay
When i'm old and gray,
I'll be right in my prime!
Living in the sunlight,
Loving in the moonlight,
Having a wonderful time!

Just take it from me,
I'm just as free as any daughter.
I do what i like,
Just what i like,
And how i love it!

I'm right here to stay,
When i'm old and gray,
I'll be right in my prime,
Living in the sunlight,
Loving in the moonlight,
Having a wonderful time!

LunarWeaver
05-20-2009, 02:30 AM
I did, for a long time. It was pretty awful. I wore my retainer for a long time as well, but eventually quit out of cba. My teeth look fine to me, so whatever. The day I got them off was one of the best of my life. I swear I splooged in my pants right in that chair with no stimulation. Have some visuals, everybody.