PDA

View Full Version : The Eurovision song contest 2009.

demondude
05-16-2009, 11:20 PM
I usually hate this piece of rubbish, but it's not bad we came 5th. Anybody else watch it?

charliepanayi
05-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Norway ran away with it huh. The guy looked about 12 years old! XD - UK did well for the first time in ages, maybe they'll stop blaming Iraq for the poor showings now (it was nothing to do with picking really terrible songs in the last few years after all) =P

Eurovision is pretty daft, but it's only once a year, there's a lot worse on TV every bloody week.

Psychotic
05-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Also how the fuck can you hate Eurovision? It's so awful that it's fantastic.
(it was nothing to do with picking really terrible songs in the last few years after all) =PThey were indeed awful, but let's not forget not being part of the former soviet bloc and/or the Balkans. At least Ireland and Malta always have our back.

Frankly, Albania with their freak ensemble, were robbed. Although my personal favourite was Romania. Being a Balkan girl who really likes to party, the song spoke volumes to me.

Levian
05-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Norway ran away with it huh. The guy looked about 12 years old! XD

srsly, I was shocked to find out he was 23 and older than me.

Azerbaijan and Iceland were both pretty great. But not as great as our crazy baby faced violin warrior! Take that, Europe! :cool:

That girl announcing the points for Armenia was a goddess. I must marry her.

I loved it when that old guy from Greece announced the points and the norwegian commentator said. "Ah, and here we have ancient greece, literally"

demondude
05-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Graham Norton said something similar. xD Can't remember though.

Psychotic
05-16-2009, 11:37 PM
He said something like "And here's the oldest thing in Greece" as the guy was sitting in front of the Acropolis.

Old Manus
05-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh Graham, you card.

scrumpleberry
05-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Mr. Norway was like a hamster gerbil hamster :/

I only caught the last few songs. I actually didn't like ours at all, but I was happy we placed so well :bigsmile: Graham was a totally excellent commentator, I think he did very well :heart:

There were a few I liked, but I totally forgot whose countries they were from.

Also, Greece. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Also, Denmark. What. Did. You. Do.

Oh yeah, and the people in the pools in the interval were, um, entertaining. Splashing around in your pants and shirt, well, okay then, have fun with that.

Polaris
05-16-2009, 11:52 PM
I think this time it wasn't as bad as last years! The fact that almost all eat countries had high points was predictable! I really love Norway song, he looks simple and Turkey! DUM TEK TEK XD Arzebeijan was awful! Really terrible! I gotta admit Portugal had a great song in years and ended up in what 15º? There were songs that were in higher positions and werent as good. Ukraine was MY GOD! What the hell was that? Roman soldiers, with a whore and anti-christ song?? Jesus XD Iceland was really cool too:) And yeah tha Balkan girls I can remember the chorus, but honestly even Germany sang in English! Germany was a huge disappointment! I was hoping for a jazz song in German and the song was all in English! If they has sang in German they would have recieved a higher ponctuation! :)