PDA

View Full Version : woo!

~*~Celes~*~
05-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Jut walked all the way to my town's festival for some funnel cake and then came back, said hi to randoms on the way there and on the way back!

TOPIC: Do you like fairs/festivals? What's your favorite part about them? :bigsmile:

rubah
05-16-2009, 11:44 PM
I think Picklefest was this week-end, but i've never gone to that, nor do I intend to start now, especially not since they closed the pickle factory >:[

Coming up are Riverfest and Valleyfest, which I've never gone to either.

Momiji
05-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Fair food is so tempting, but I always end up feeling sick after eating it.

Therefore, I avoid fairs and festivals. I don't like crowds anyway.

Shoeberto
05-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Fair food is so tempting, but I always end up feeling sick after eating it.

Therefore, I avoid fairs and festivals. I don't like crowds anyway.
That sums up how I am. I mean, I love a good funnel cake, but I feel disgusting about halfway through one. Also fairs are usually full of obnoxious people, or in the case of the fair back home, people from school that I don't care to talk to anymore.

blackmage_nuke
05-17-2009, 02:03 AM
I like town festivals because when I go to one i have the light music playing in the back of my head from when a festival is thrown in Ceaser III and I imagine that the Gods are being appeased and town culture points are going up.

Vermachtnis
05-17-2009, 02:53 AM
MMmmmmMMmMmMmmmm....baked batter dipped in flour. The overpriced balloon popping game is fun too. My parents don't like me going to fairs because of that.

kikimm
05-17-2009, 02:55 AM
The strawberry festival is going on right now, around where I live. I'm upset that I can't go to it though, cause I have just been too busy. =( It is probably crowded as fuck with icky people though so maybe it's not so bad.

Rye
05-17-2009, 02:57 AM
My town never had a fair. =O

When I lived in Queens though, we had giant city fairs that went for miles of blocks. It was great fun. I got a foam lizard from one once, with a leash. Super cute.

There was a giant festival on 6th street in Manhattan today, my Dad was there. Last time I was in Manhattan when there was a festival, was the day Hux and I left Manhattan. We bought sunglasses and fun stuff, and even an italian ice for him to try!

Caraliz
05-17-2009, 04:19 AM
Taste of Chicago is a big one. We also have a lesser known Taste of Roselle in my town but I don't ever go to that.

Breine
05-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Sure. They're usually a lot of fun. There's a annual festival in my town, which lasts 4 days - lots of beer is had.

Bunny
05-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Festivals have people in them. I do not like people.

scrumpleberry
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
There was a village fair when I was tiny. I was a carrot. I think.