PDA

View Full Version : The Great Lakes Meet Up and MORE! JUNEY 7th AT CEDAR POINT!

Dignified Pauper
05-17-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm remaking this thread because Yars has abandoned his and we need a new thread so that SOMEONE (ME) can update the OP with who all is going to go.

So, here's the general F.A.Q.

WHAT IS ALL THE HULLABALOO ABOUT?

A while back, Yaridovich wanted to plan a meetup to goto Cedar Point with EoFFers. We all decided on Sunday, June 7th, and then he bailed. He quit updating the thread, and so we needed a new thread. Basically, we're all going to a theme park AND YOU'RE INVITED!

HELP! I've been living under a box for ten years. What and Where is Cedar Point?

Cedar Point is an amusement park (with some of the best coasters in the entire world) and it is located in Sandusky, Ohio off the coast of Lake Erie. You'll want to bring appx. $60 for tickets and food and anything else you'll want. Maybe even $75 if you're fat like Dignified Pauper and eat everything you can! (Look out, he can't fit into Roller Coasters)

Some Nitty Gritty Details:
Parking: $10
Admission: 43.99 (you might be able to find cheaper tickets elsewhere)
FREE DRINK WRISTBAND: $9 Apparently, this was a ruse.
Meeting a Bunch of EoFFers: Priceless.

This will be an all day event. We'll arrive AT LEAST 15 minutes before the park opens and stay until close. The park opens at 10AM, so that means we'll arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 to gather our ranks and storm the gates demanding tickets like a mob of angry heathens! The park closes at 10pm. Again, this is an all day event, you can't bitch out.

How do I get involved in this sexyhumid action?
Simple, just post in this thread below and we'll add you to the list! Be sure to wear cool clothes, Ohio gets really humid and Cedar Point is an all day trip! So, you'll want to plan accordingly.

AND NOW! PICTURES!

A map of the Park!
http://www.cedarpoint.com/_upload/images/cedar_point_map.jpg

THE MILLENIUM FORCE - The most popular coaster ever built
http://www.maliasrv.com/IMAGES/CedarPointImages/CedarPointCoaster.jpg

The Iron Dragon With a hill of Mantis in the Background
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4b/Iron_Dragon_Cedar_Point.JPG/800px-Iron_Dragon_Cedar_Point.JPG

Max Air with the Roller Coaster "Raptor" in the Background
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/MaXair_at_Cedar_point.JPG

So, as you can see, the place is CLEARLY AWESOME! SO JOIN! SIGN UP TODAY! YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW WEEKS!

Currently Confirmed Attendees!

Dignified Pauper
Caraliz
Enano
DMKA

Those Currently Listed in the Other Thread who Have Yet to Express Confirmation in This Thread
Bahamut2000X
Bert
Laddy
Magixion
NeoTifa
qwertyxsora
Rikku_Yuffie_girl
SNOOZER
Stubah
theundeadhero
Vaern
Yar
~*~Celes~*~
Baloki

People WAAAAY Too Cool to Go
Jowy....\
Misfit.....> Jowy and Misfit have "work" obligations, and bunny is queer <3
Bunny ../
Linus
If You have any Questions regarding the trip, please PM me or send me a message via aim at "Dignified Popper" or you can contact me on Yahoo (but I'm almost never on) at "Dignified_Pauper"

ALSO! ADD THIS IMAGE TO YOUR SIG!
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/dignified_pauper/CedarPointSig.png

OR MAKE YOUR OWN!

Caraliz
05-17-2009, 03:07 PM
amfg rollercoasters

Awrini
05-17-2009, 03:07 PM
See Yars isn't going, so lets get Roogle.

Dignified Pauper
05-17-2009, 03:09 PM
If Jamil goes, then he can pay for everyone! HOORAY!

Caraliz
05-17-2009, 04:24 PM
AGREED! I like that idea.

DK
05-17-2009, 06:34 PM
I'll go if I get to share a hotel room with Marick :aimkiss:

Dignified Pauper
05-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Be careful what you request, Dan. It could come true! Further, you could just stay at my place!

~*~Celes~*~
05-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm not 100% sure just yet if I can actually make it or not, but I will try my best!

Also, fact: The Magnum, which was Celes' first rollercoaster EVER IN THE WORLD, is celebrating its 20th birthday this year :o

Awrini
05-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Be careful what you request, Dan. It could come true! Further, you could just stay at my place!

Something about EVERYONE staying at your place. =P

Dignified Pauper
05-17-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't know if my partner would be down for that, and I live about two hours from Sandusky. But I think I might be able to get like 2 or 3 to stay! I have a spare bed and bath!

Yar
05-17-2009, 10:31 PM
xD Yeah I haven't totally abandoned it yet, it just matters how my work schedule settles out. I can't really request weekends off, particularly since I have to request the 10th off for new student registration at school. :-/

My confirmation on whether I'm going or not will be like a week in advance.

Dignified Pauper
05-18-2009, 01:03 AM
DMKA has confirmed he's going!

Jowy
05-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Both of us can't make it, work will be interfering.

Bunny
05-18-2009, 01:30 AM

I totally would've driven out there if you were going.

Dignified Pauper
05-18-2009, 03:27 AM

That is ridiculously sad, Eric. If you two are ever in CBUS you two better call!

Shoeberto
05-18-2009, 04:33 AM
Good lord that's a long drive for me. I'm pretty seriously considering going, mind you, but I definitely won't be able to stay the whole time if I'm driving three and a half hours back and then getting up at 6:30 for work.

Allie, most unfortunately, will not be able to attend. I might, though I might take a few days to mull it over (money, and such)

Misfit
05-18-2009, 05:43 AM

you can drive to our house instead *WINK*

Dignified Pauper
05-18-2009, 07:22 AM
You can't just get bunny to go someplace. It's all of us, or none of us, Misfit.

Also, Stu, that sucks Allison can't go, but it'd be awesome if you guys do.

Meow
05-18-2009, 08:01 AM
the real reason to visit cedar point is top thrill dragster, which will kill you either via heart attack (on the ride) or heat stroke (waiting to ride)

http://www.meow.completelyfreehosting.com/images/topthrill.jpg

Dignified Pauper
05-18-2009, 03:09 PM
So does that mean you're going Meow? Further Top Thrill really isn't that great. I like longer coasters.

Yar
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Yah, don't wait too long for TTD. It's only 27 seconds long.

My favorite ride was Mean Streak until they added brakes on the first drop. :/

Rantz
05-18-2009, 06:08 PM
the real reason to visit cedar point is top thrill dragster, which will kill you either via heart attack (on the ride) or heat stroke (waiting to ride)

http://www.meow.completelyfreehosting.com/images/topthrill.jpg

Haha, I feel a bit sick just looking at this picture.

Bunny
05-18-2009, 06:11 PM

you can drive to our house instead *WINK*

You can't just get bunny to go someplace. It's all of us, or none of us, Misfit.

He knows the score.

Dignified Pauper
05-19-2009, 01:00 AM
i DO know the score...

Jowy
05-19-2009, 01:34 AM
You know I'd give a kidney to hang out with you again, Marick. July 7th would have been so much better. 8-)

Dignified Pauper
05-19-2009, 02:14 AM
You know I'd give a kidney to hang out with you again, Marick. July 7th would have been so much better. 8-)

Blame Yars.

Bunny
05-19-2009, 02:49 AM
Jowy you should come out to Colorado and hang out with me. If you don't I might kill myself.

Caraliz
05-19-2009, 03:06 AM
You can hang out with Roogle.

Dignified Pauper
05-19-2009, 04:03 AM
You can hang out with Roogle.

I vote Raep.

Also, more people need to confirm. If we don't get more people, I'm going to cancel this thread and trip. Start sending out PMs to get more people going. I remade the thread, the rest of you need to seriously recruit.

Yar
05-19-2009, 04:39 AM

Blame Yars.:( Hey, I wanted to go on a Tuesday.

Dignified Pauper
05-19-2009, 01:55 PM
This doesn't change the fact that everything is YOUR FAULT!

Yar
05-21-2009, 01:54 AM
I just got back from Cedar Point and wanted to give some information I'm sure you'll find useful.

Parking is $10, unless you have free parking. (Like me! :D) That is of course if you're driving a car. I didn't care to check RV or semi-truck rates, so don't drive those, kay? :)

They have a new program this year where you pay $9 for a wristband, which gives you unlimited drinks all day. Expensive, I know, but drinks are always expensive there. :/

Also, I wanted to know what our lunch and dinner plans were. Are we just going to picnic or are we planning on eating at the park? Some restaurants I know are on the peninsula are Pizza Hut, Subway, Panda Express, Chick-Fil-A, TGI Fridays and the Midway Buffet. I checked buffet prices there: $14 per adult.

I'm going on Friday as well, so if you have anything that you'd like me to check out for you, just post it here. Hopefully I can find it.

Oh, bring sunscreen too. There's only one thing lamer than a farmer's tan and that's a farmer's sunburn. :(

rubah
05-21-2009, 02:29 AM
magic springs has free pepsi products :x

Dignified Pauper
05-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Updated information in the OP from YARS

Also, I am seriously considering not going if more people don't come. START ADVERTISING PEOPLE!

Here is a sample of an advertisement you can use OR you can make your own!!!
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/dignified_pauper/CedarPointSig.png

Yar
05-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Okay so I went again today and I found out that they've discontinued their wrist band program. I asked the guy, "wtf, discontinued? You guys have only been open a week!"

Dignified Pauper
05-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't care. Get more people to come. Thanks.

Awrini
05-23-2009, 04:41 PM
;_; NEEED MORE PEOPLE~!

Dignified Pauper
05-23-2009, 11:41 PM
MOAR PPL TO RSVP PLZ K THX.

Værn
05-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Like I said in the other thread, I probably won't know if I'm going to be able to go until the last minute :P

Cedar Point is very crowded, I'm very bad with faces, and I have a very bad habit of wandering away from whatever group I happen to be there with. If anybody else is that prone to getting lost then it may be a good idea to have a uniform of some sort. Maybe have some t-shirts made... or force everybody to wear a headband with a chocobo on the forehead...

Baloki
05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
I understand I need to put my name down?

Yar
05-26-2009, 10:13 PM
:Eek: Are you going, Baloki? :D

Linus
05-27-2009, 06:54 PM
It's looking not bloody likely for me. I apparently took too much time off in my first month, so getting more time to go ride roller coasters would be quite difficult. I really do want to go to Cedar Point sometime but if I want to be able to do other things throughout this year, Cedar Point is dropping further and further down the list. =(

Baloki
05-27-2009, 11:18 PM
No promises yet.

Dignified Pauper
05-28-2009, 02:33 AM
Man, if Baloki goes, I will definitely go.

Yar
05-28-2009, 04:43 AM
It's looking not bloody likely for me. I apparently took too much time off in my first month, so getting more time to go ride roller coasters would be quite difficult. I really do want to go to Cedar Point sometime but if I want to be able to do other things throughout this year, Cedar Point is dropping further and further down the list. =(Cedar Point is open until November. If this meet-up fails, we just have to do one later! :monster:

Dignified Pauper
05-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Because Linus is too cool, he was dropped to not going. Baloki was added to potentials. There are more people here who can go. A lot of people who expressed interest and didn't go. Yars, I fully expect you to PM everyone on the list and tel them to rsvp.

Magixion
05-29-2009, 05:51 AM
....Damnit. I have classes until the 12th :( So, it is a week too soon! Grrr

Dignified Pauper
05-30-2009, 02:53 AM
wtg. blame yars.

Dignified Pauper
06-03-2009, 05:03 AM
I am bumping this do to its immediacy. June 7th is this week. You have until Friday to confirm whether you are going. I am seriously thinking of canceling and having this thread closed per request.

None of you have been interested and you should all feel utter shame.

Rantz
06-03-2009, 08:19 AM
I can pretend I'm coming and then not show up if that helps you with anything.

Vyk
06-03-2009, 09:17 AM
This weekend? I -could- go... Everyone at work who wanted to go sometime this summer will hate me though xD Which is an -excellent- reason to. I get paid Thurs. We'll see what I have left after paying bills

Dignified Pauper
06-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Fairly positive I am bailing. Not enough expressed interest.

Yar
06-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Fairly positive I am bailing. Not enough expressed interest.:/ 50% chance of rain anyway...

Vyk
06-03-2009, 10:55 PM
It appears I got paid last week (what?!) so I won't get paid again until next week. i.e. after the meet. Boo. I'm out :]

Peegee
06-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Um..I take it this didn't happen as per scheduled (07?)

musashius
06-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Please do this:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/chesscoaster/xkcd_logride.jpg

Confused (http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/chess_photo.png)?

Yar
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Um..I take it this didn't happen as per scheduled (07?)Nope. :(

~*~Celes~*~
06-11-2009, 04:47 AM
no money = no show. Paying off $500 worth in vet bills :(

NeoTifa
06-12-2009, 01:44 AM
LOL!!!! Epic fail.

Christmas
04-21-2023, 03:15 PM
LOL, MARICK-ED