PDA

View Full Version : SNes Emulator on PSP

Vermachtnis
05-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Why does nothing I do work? I moved the entire folder into the Game folder. I got an EBOOT. The little icon shows up in the menu, but everytime I click it, it says [This game cannot be started. The Data is corrupted.] What does that mean? The original folder works fine. So something as to have happened somewhere between my computer and the PSP. Can someone help?

EDIT: Made some progress. Now it says.
[The game could not be started. (80020148)]

o_O
05-18-2009, 12:46 AM
It's quite unlikely that something between the computer and PSP caused this error. It's more likely that you don't have the right homebrew kernel installed or something related to that. Many homebrew applications require that you install the 1.5 addons for whichever kernel you're running so if you don't have that installed then I would recommend it. Other times I've found that the applications will boot from the GAME150 folder but not from the GAME folder or vice versa. Also, if the emulator you're using came with two folders (Emulatorname and %Emulatorname%, eg.) then make sure you put both folders on your memory stick. What version of custom firmware are you using?

Vermachtnis
05-18-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm not using any custom firmware and I think that's the problem. And I have no idea how to install it.

Zaskull
05-18-2009, 01:36 AM
^ That's the problem. You need custom firmware to run homebrew. There's a bunch of help websites for this type of thing that I'm sure we're not allowed to talk about here.

o_O
05-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Yes, in order to software not digitally signed by Sony, you need to have custom firmware. There are a few ways to install it, but they depend on your currently installed official firmware. You should google for a tutorial on how to install it without a pandora battery if you don't want to buy anything, but I highly recommend shelling out the 30 bucks or so it'll run you for a pandora battery and magic memory stick. You can buy them in combos from eBay or most decent auction sites. The advantage of the battery is that it'll allow you to recover your PSP should it become bricked.