PDA

View Full Version : Tatsunoko VS Capcom: TO AMERICA!

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
It's official, baby!

Capcom confirms Tatsunoko vs. Capcom localization (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/18/capcom-confirms-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-localization/2#c18896313)

Depression Moon
05-19-2009, 12:27 AM
What the hell is Tatsunoko?

Wolf Kanno
05-19-2009, 01:57 AM
What the hell is Tatsunoko?

Tatsunoko Production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatsunoko_Production)

In short, they created Gatchamen, Speed Racer, Casshan and most recently Karas.

They are a long standing and kick ass animation studio. :love:

I'm so happy this game is coming Stateside!

Momiji
05-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Looks like fun. I think I'll look forward to this one.

It looks more promising than the other fighting game I had my eye on (Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2, which turned out to be a pretty bad port).

Markus. D
05-19-2009, 08:54 AM
It's not bad.

But! shares my same thoughts with MvC2... Broken tag system, easy infinites.

But I do like how the combo system is basic, alot of people can have fun with it :D

Jessweeee♪
05-19-2009, 05:34 PM
No Phoenix Wright?

;_;

Roogle
05-19-2009, 06:23 PM
This is a surprising announcement. I would have thought that this would have remained a Japan only release for similar reasons as Namco X Capcom. Doesn't Tatsunoko have very little exposure overseas?

Magixion
05-19-2009, 07:49 PM
As long as I can play as the Samurai Pizza Cats, I will be happy.

Depression Moon
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
This is a surprising announcement. I would have thought that this would have remained a Japan only release for similar reasons as Namco X Capcom. Doesn't Tatsunoko have very little exposure overseas?
Which is why I had no clue about it. It won't sell much here.

Vyk
05-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Probably has something to do with animation studio vs video game studio, unlike Namco X Capcom, video game studio vs video game studio. Game studios can license stuff from other media but apparently can't borrow and/or license from their brethren? *Shrug*

JKTrix
05-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I have a lot to say about this game (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/118686-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-cross-generation-heroes.html), but for now, I'll just keep it to:

Woot.

(I've owned the import for a while now, plus the arcade stick. I will be getting this again.)

Fire_Emblem776
05-23-2009, 01:34 PM
This game is lots of fun, been playing the import for a while . Im happy roll is a good character now ^_^

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
05-25-2009, 03:04 AM
This game is lots of fun, been playing the import for a while . Im happy roll is a good character now ^_^

Pfft, I just had a 4-win streak with Roll/Megaman Trigger this past week, versus 2 players, whose teams were Hurricane Polymar/Chun-li and Ryu/Batsu, respectively.

Also, Seth Killian, a Capcom USA officer, said that the US & Europe versions will take away ALL infinites.

Fire_Emblem776
05-26-2009, 05:00 PM

Pfft, I just had a 4-win streak with Roll/Megaman Trigger this past week, versus 2 players, whose teams were Hurricane Polymar/Chun-li and Ryu/Batsu, respectively.

Also, Seth Killian, a Capcom USA officer, said that the US & Europe versions will take away ALL infinites.

If only this game had wifi then we could fight against each other -__-

SuperMillionaire
06-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm looking forward to getting the game. I don't have a Wii myself, but my cousin has one, so I'll get for him.

Polnareff
06-30-2009, 01:07 AM

Actually no, unless you're talking about the US and parts of Europe. Most of Europe loves the Tatsunoko characters.

Some confirmed details about the English port:

-Will have new stages
-Hakushon Daimaoh (the genie) has been cut out of the game due to licensing issues. Which is odd considering how big "The Genie Family" (called "Bob in a Bottle" in Italy) was in Europe.
-Capcom may add 5 new characters. But this detail hasn't been confirmed yet.
-They also may add online to the game (the Japanese version didn't have it).
-The onscreen HUD has been redesigned.
-Certain balance issues like Roll being able to repeatedly OTG Daimaoh (i.e. hit him repeatedly when he's laying down) have been fixed or are in the process of being fixed.

Also, about Namco x Capcom, its omission from overseas release was because Namco was scared that a lot of the characters would be too obscure for any audience that wasn't Japanese. So Namco canned the translation of the game. Completely different from this situation. Capcom tried to get as many licenses as they could and they did. :greenie:

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2009, 01:53 AM

Like Phoenix Wright? o:

KentaRawr!
06-30-2009, 03:09 AM

Like Phoenix Wright? o:

I'd prefer Mia Fey as a playable character, but it's not happening. :(

Polnareff
06-30-2009, 05:32 AM

Like Phoenix Wright? o:

That would be so cool. His super would be a giant loud-ass "OBJECTION!" :p

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
07-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Does Europe have some sort of love toward Speed Racer? He's the face of Tatsunoko... in America!

Also, since Capcom said something about 5 new characters at the ratio of 3 Tatsunoko/2 Capcom, I suggest:

Tatsunoko: Speed Racer, Samurai Pizza Cats, and Space Ace (Tatsunoko's 1st anime)

Capcom: Jin Saotome (Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness), Tessa (Red Earth)

As for the Capcom suggestion I presented, both characters' respective series never got pushes... in America! (and Europe too!)

Momiji
07-03-2009, 03:31 PM
I know it'll never happen, but I wanna see some Gunbird 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunbird_2) characters in this.

I mean, Morrigan was in the Dreamcast version of the game... I wanna play as Marion (http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/preview/b3c5c2cd5942dc60d79b89b4565d190a.jpg) or Aine (http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6521/gb2marionaine8.png)! =O