PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Super Mario World Level

Evastio
05-20-2009, 03:07 AM
I've recently completed the game 100% going through all 96 exits again and that inspired me to make this topic.

Since a lot of EoFFers have played Super Mario World before I'm thinking a lot of you will have an answer for this: Which level in Super Mario World do you find the hardest?

I have a hard time picking between the Valley Fortress, Outrageous, and Tubular. The Valley Fortress has way too many spikes and spike pillars which makes dying insanely common. Outrageous has so many hazards to watch out for like flame snakes, Bullet Bills, Flying Hammers Bros, and Pirahna Plants that shoot fireballs. Tubular has Charging Chucks throwing balls at you and Volcano Plants shooting fire while floating as a Balloon, meaning one touch will kill you since you have to fly through the level to survive (though being Caped and having the Blue Yoshi make things insanely easier).

Marshall Banana
05-20-2009, 03:11 AM
Bowser's Castle is the hardest area of the game for me, because I'm obligated to defeat him! I don't want to!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/emoticons/bowsercry-1.gif

Jowy
05-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Forest Fortress was the one with the saw blades everywhere, right? Fuck that place.

Levian
05-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Tubular, easily.

outside special stages, I'm not so sure. No stages immediately comes to mind, but I guess I'll say the ghost ship or that level in the forest of illusion where there's a cloud that follows you around and wants you to take his extra life so he can throw spiky shells on you.

Meat Puppet
05-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I have only played Super Mario Land
I know I have said that I played Super Mario World before, but I was lying because I am a poseur

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Nothing really comes close to Outrageous. There's just so much stuff coming at you at once, including those wandering fireballs that don't appear anywhere else in the game.

Tubular, on the other hand, is fairly easy, and the people who give it notoriety make me shake my head like I were Brian Carper.

Rase
05-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Outrageous lives up to it's name, so definitely that. I also always have trouble on Soda Falls or whatever. The Torpedo Ted level. I have trouble with Mario and swimming.

Markus. D
05-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Outrageous, ovcourse...

Depression Moon
05-21-2009, 02:12 AM
Outrageous. I don't remember that level nor most of them. Damn my older brother who wanted his SNES else back all of a sudden after 9 years.

Wolf Kanno
05-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Outrageous lives up to it's name, so definitely that. I also always have trouble on Soda Falls or whatever. The Torpedo Ted level. I have trouble with Mario and swimming.

This place... Tubular and Outrageous never felt that hard to me. They never frustrated me like this stage does. I hate water levels, ever since the days of SMB1. Torpedo Ted just makes it more of a pain in the ass... Smurf Torpedo Ted...

Levian
05-21-2009, 04:03 AM
Nothing really comes close to Outrageous. There's just so much stuff coming at you at once, including those wandering fireballs that don't appear anywhere else in the game.

Tubular, on the other hand, is fairly easy, and the people who give it notoriety make me shake my head like I were Brian Carper.

Outrageous has never given me much trouble, there's one difficult jump and that's it. Everything else on the level is pretty much edible by Yoshi, including the fireballs.

What bugs me the most about Tubular is that I'm often small mario and for some reason he drops down further than big Mario when you jump into the p balloon, so it's hard to dodge fireballs and still be fast enough to get to the second (?) p balloon, and at this point I'm often too lazy to go back and get a feather after each time I fail.

But really, there's no such thing as a hard level in SMW.

Vermachtnis
05-21-2009, 04:03 AM
The first one with all those apples! No matter how hard I try I can't kill the little birds on top!

Outrageous in a distant second.

Kirobaito
05-26-2009, 05:12 AM
Though I don't remember what most of these levels are, I do remember 'Tubular' being difficult the last time I played it (a little over a year ago), so I'll go with that.

I also remember hating the Ghost Ship level, as well.

Evastio
05-28-2009, 03:54 AM
I also always have trouble on Soda Falls or whatever. The Torpedo Ted level. I have trouble with Mario and swimming.
I forgot to add Soda Lake to the list. I've always disliked that one part where you either need to hurt yourself to progress past the Torpedo Teds or swim so low that you're on the verge of killing yourself from falling off the level.

I remember that being the second last level I completed (with the Valley Fortress being the last, thanks to me thinking that the Yoshi wings counted as a secret exit for a long time). I saw Torpedo Ted in the credits not knowing who he was for the longest time. I was really wanting to encounter him out of curiousity.

...I ended up regretting it badly.

Marshall Banana
05-28-2009, 04:01 AM
I also remember hating the Ghost Ship level, as well.
When I was little, my dad showed me how to walk/swim through it without touching ghosts, and I've never forgotten!