PDA

View Full Version : Project TRICO

Madame Adequate
05-20-2009, 03:40 AM
First, there was ICO. Then, there was Shadow of the Colossus, previously known as Project NICO. Now, there is a video of Project TRICO.

It makes me teary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3fED8EXl4). ;;

Team ICO can be more moving with a few minutes of early code trailer than most developers manage with a 10 or 20 hour long game.

Let the speculation commence!

Marshall Banana
05-20-2009, 03:50 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! Giant cat!

Shoeberto
05-20-2009, 05:28 AM
I awww'd hard.

If that is actually supposed to hint at gameplay, it looks basically like getting your own baby colossus to solve puzzles with. Which is interesting, for sure, but I'm curious how it'd be pulled off. At any rate, it's going to be damned hard for them to one-up Shadow of the Colossus.

Gilghamut
05-20-2009, 07:55 AM
From what I've read around on other forums, that wasn't mentioned in this thread yet is that video is about 1 year old, if not older, meaning we haven't seen what this game will truly look like.

Also, remember this old pic? http://img.vidaextra.com/2008/01/teamico_ps3_first2.jpg The one with the chain in the ground, take a look at the shadow at the top of the screen, it's the same as in the video. I don't think anyone noticed it until now.

Rase
05-20-2009, 08:10 AM
I can already see myself becoming stupidly attached to that creature.

Dreddz
05-20-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm intrigued. My guess is that you'll spend your time traveling with that bird like creature and explore your destination with the boy. I'm hoping it leans more towards Ico that SOTC. It'll probably be an even mix of both.

Dunno what it is about that video though but it reminds me of CGI you would find in an early PS1 game.

JKTrix
05-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Wading through forum posts and finding all these old hints and details has been the bane of my productivity since last night.

One of the things that was mentioned when information was first 'leaked' over a year ago was that this game has some kind of connection with the SotC characters. After I heard that, I had a small epiphany about what that connection could possibly be and it's killing me to not talk about it because it would be megaspoilerish for SotC.

Those that have played and completed SotC though, think about the 'connection' that has with Ico, almost as if it was a prequel. My idea stems from how Trico could be a prequel to SotC. There is a point very late in SotC where the playable character changes a little. I am thinking that 'that playable character' is the catbird in Trico. I'm willing to expound, but only for people that have finished SotC.

As for the video itself, as soon as I saw it I immediately flagged it as 'early production footage'. It has since been sort of confirmed as being well over a year old. Complaining about graphics at this point is understandable, but misguided. Looking at how the 'officially revealed' SotC prototype compared to the final product, you can see how things can change from prototype to final product.

Graphics aside, there are some intriguing things in that video.

Nifleheim7
05-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Quite easily my most eagerly awaited game of this generation.I was so hyped this morning after watching this video that i couldn't do anything else than keep watching it over and over again and reading forums about it.

Those that have played and completed SotC though, think about the 'connection' that has with Ico, almost as if it was a prequel. My idea stems from how Trico could be a prequel to SotC. There is a point very late in SotC where the playable character changes a little. I am thinking that 'that playable character' is the catbird in Trico. I'm willing to expound, but only for people that have finished SotC.

I'm intrigued!:DI've played Ico and SotC several times but i don't see the connection.Please elaborate!

Madame Adequate
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Frankly they could make a game with ASCII characters and it'd be better than 90% of what's out there, so I'm not gonna complain at all about the graphics in this early code :p

It does suggest that there'll be a combination of ICO and SotC elements here. I trust them to do good!

Gilghamut
05-20-2009, 07:43 PM

You most certainly could be right, but also think about the catbird thing could also be Dormin, which could explain why it was chained up at the start of the video

Craig
05-20-2009, 10:49 PM
dont get me wrong itll probably be an amazing game and when i first opened this thread i thought 'great now i need a ps3' but now that its got a giant catbird in i dont think i wanna buy a console to play it

Depression Moon
05-21-2009, 01:55 AM
I don't know what to think of it. There isn't really any real gameplay footage to make an opinion on the game so far.

Wolf Kanno
05-21-2009, 02:56 AM
OMG!!! ITS SO CUUUUUTTTTTEEEEE!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I now have a real reason to buy a PS3 now. I love what I'm seeing so far and can only imagine what gameplay might be like.

JKTrix
05-21-2009, 04:30 AM
You most certainly could be right, but also think about the catbird thing could also be Dormin, which could explain why it was chained up at the start of the video

That is precisely what I was talking about. I was kind of dancing around the idea without expressly stating it, even within the spoiler, but you just went out and said it :P But yes, you are right on the same track with what I'm thinking. Remember, you do play as 'that character' that you mentioned at the end of the game. There are a couple of other things that I would support my idea with but they are less solid.

Gilghamut
05-22-2009, 01:42 AM

That is precisely what I was talking about. I was kind of dancing around the idea without expressly stating it, even within the spoiler, but you just went out and said it :P But yes, you are right on the same track with what I'm thinking. Remember, you do play as 'that character' that you mentioned at the end of the game. There are a couple of other things that I would support my idea with but they are less solid.

Oops, lol, chalk that up to a moment of stupidity on my part