PDA

View Full Version : Spiders

Paro
05-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Okay, last night I was laying in bed watching tv trying to fall asleep when I noticed a very larger spider crawling away from my shoulder area. I jumped out of bed and flicked on the light, found the spider and slayed the foul creature. I could then sleep soundly. Then when I woke up and went to go brush my teeth, I noticed a MASSIVE bite mark on my neck, I have a strange tingly feeling in my neck, it's sorta like having spider sense only it's probbaly just venom trying to liquify my insides, Anyways, I've gone "First Blood" on the spiders now.

Thoughts? Do you hate spiders?

blackmage_nuke
05-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Mosquitoes annoy me more but then again I rarely engage battles with spiders larger than a penny.

Old Manus
05-20-2009, 01:37 PM
In b4 Spiderman jokes

Unfortunately all I could think of to post was a Spiderman joke. Sorry man.

Loony BoB
05-20-2009, 01:41 PM
I've held a tarantula before!

Spiders are okay. I find it difficult to hate an animal. I am, however, careful around them and it annoys me how they always try to get to the highest spot possible whenever they somehow get onto me. Stop heading for my face, you dingdong! Grr.

NeoTifa
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
I live in the country, so I'm covered in spider bites. I don't mind them anymore, but they do piss me off when they bite me. I have a big brown spot on my leg above my tatoo where a spider bit me... in August.

Momiji
05-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I hate spiders. If I see one, it dies.

fire_of_avalon
05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm pretty cool with spiders as long as they don't screw around with me.

I love that you are going first blood on your spiders, though. that's awesome. if you need some munitions or if you need me to go find brian dennehey let me know.

kikimm
05-20-2009, 09:34 PM
I hate them. They love me, though, and always want to be around me and crawl on me. It is very frustrating. They're just so....*shudder* Disgusting. I hate their stupid creepy little legs. It was so nice when I lived in Auckland City, on the 13th floor of an apartment. :p I didn't see one spider for 7 months! Well, there was one that hitched a ride home on some celery I had bought from the supermarket but that was it. :) *Sigh* It was so nice.

Tempest
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
I hate spiders. If I see one, it dies.

Ditto that. Unless it's too big I'll get someone else to kill it. I'm not to big on itchy annoying spider bites and I don't care IF they do eat other bugs. :mad2:

Vermachtnis
05-20-2009, 09:54 PM
EW EW EW! DIE SPIDERS DIE! YOU ALL GO SQUISH NOW!

rubah
05-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I saw something scurry across my table and I was going to kill it if it was a tick, but it was just a little spider, so I told it not to bite me and left it alone.

Heath
05-21-2009, 01:02 AM
I find spiders immensely preferable to flies and so I rather like them.

Madame Adequate
05-21-2009, 01:17 AM
*Screams for twenty hours straight*

V

o_O
05-21-2009, 01:24 AM
<div>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/ifiredanuke/clockspider1.jpg
<span style="color: rgb(202, 211, 227); text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer;" onclick="this.parentNode.firstChild.src='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/ifiredanuke/clockspider1.jpg';">Before</span> | <span style="color: rgb(202, 211, 227); text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer;" onclick="this.parentNode.firstChild.src='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/ifiredanuke/clockspider2.jpg';">After</span></div>

Edit: Sorry MILF, deleted my previous post. :p

rubah
05-21-2009, 01:36 AM
daaaaaaaaaang mike.

also, re: first post, "slew" for coolness.

Momiji
05-21-2009, 02:21 AM
<div>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/ifiredanuke/clockspider1.jpg
<span style="color: rgb(202, 211, 227); text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer;" onclick="this.parentNode.firstChild.src='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/ifiredanuke/clockspider1.jpg';">Before</span> | <span style="color: rgb(202, 211, 227); text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer;" onclick="this.parentNode.firstChild.src='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/ifiredanuke/clockspider2.jpg';">After</span></div>

holy fucking :bou::bou::bou::bou:

*grabs a baseball bat*

NeoTifa
05-21-2009, 03:34 AM
O___o

Bunny
05-21-2009, 03:57 AM
Clock spider is older than God.

Blue Harvest
05-21-2009, 10:17 AM
I've seen one around that size. Killing it was quite satisfying.

~*~Celes~*~
05-22-2009, 03:06 PM
DO HATE :nonono: I squeal in fear every time I see one.

I think my fear is from that one book Stories To Tell In The Dark, the one about the spider laying eggs in the girl's face...*shudders immensely*

drotato
05-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Ughhhhh... spiders just creep me out. Nothing should have that many legs.... yes, that includes an octopus. <.<;;

Meat Puppet
05-22-2009, 04:21 PM
what is that a huntsman
one of those bit me one time :(
my cousin thought it would be funny to put it in my bed :( :(

Morningstar
05-23-2009, 05:21 PM
I hate spiders sooooooooooooooooooo much. More than anything else. :( They scare the crap out of me.

Old Manus
05-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I hate spiders sooooooooooooooooooo much. More than anything else.I dunno, the Jews are pretty bad.

Awrini
05-23-2009, 09:06 PM
This always makes me smile, even though I absolutely loathe spiders.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/bailey_a_010/Motivational%20Signs/GiantSpiders.jpg?t=1243109093

Dynast-Kid
05-24-2009, 01:50 AM
I'm absolutely terrified of spiders.

I couldn't sleep after we learned about Giant Bird-Eating Spiders in Biology. :cry:

Awrini
05-24-2009, 02:02 AM

I couldn't sleep after we learned about Giant Bird-Eating Spiders in Biology. :cry:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01080/earth-graphics-200_1080291a.jpg

Supposed to be a myth... guess not. =o *flees*

Vermachtnis
05-24-2009, 02:08 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01080/earth-graphics-200_1080291a.jpg

Supposed to be a myth... guess not. =o *flees*

Ah crap. Kill it! Look at it, it has to be worth at least 5 XP.

kikimm
05-24-2009, 02:11 AM
This is no laughing matter! :|

Meat Puppet
05-24-2009, 02:23 AM
As bizarre as it may seem, that is probably the furthest spider you could get from being a bird-eater. Not that the picture is likely to be real, anyway. Don’t believe everything you eat!

rubah
05-24-2009, 04:36 AM
you know, you probably just imagined that hyphen. I'm sure a bird eating spiders is not too uncommon a sight.

Meat Puppet
05-24-2009, 05:33 AM
On that note, check out ant mimicry in spiders. Pretty neat. :)

rubah
05-24-2009, 05:42 AM
check out urticating hairs in tarantulas. . .

Craig
05-24-2009, 11:14 AM
oh my good god im terrified of spiders

i hate the way they look
i hate the way they move
i hate their long legs
i hate their beady little eyes
i hate their mouths

if i saw a spider in my room id feel nervous sleeping for days. just the other day i heard my mum telling my nephew there was a huge spider in her room and she tried to vaccum it but because it was so big it just fell off the wall and she couldnt find it. from that point my bedroom door only opened when i was leaving/entering

Rocket Edge
05-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Holy :bou::bou::bou::bou:, the biggest spider I've came across was about an inch tall. I'm cool with them and usually just flick them outside but if I came across a large one like in this thread I'd be calling the police.

scrumpleberry
05-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Holy :bou::bou::bou::bou:, the biggest spider I've came across was about an inch tall. I'm cool with them and usually just flick them outside but if I came across a large one like in this thread I'd be calling the police.

Seriously.

This is the UK (&Ireland) we're talking about mind. Don't really get many nasties here, thank goodness. I think there's some spiders behind my bookcase, but I can't get at them unfortunately. I killed the mum by accident when I was trying to catch her and I've chucked out one baby. I guess I'll have to throw the rest out as they come. She was only a couple of centimetres across. I hope she didn't spawn too many.

Fujiko
05-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't like them when they're near me, esp when next to or on my bed when I'm to go to sleep. But I never kill them, I think it's wrong. I just catch them in a glass or the like and let them out.

Gwawr
05-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I quite like spiders. However, I do teach a 16 year-old lad who's petrified of them and just can't move if he sees one. I save him from them on a regular basis.

seekurikku
05-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Damn Nerd, that's one big spider! Spiders creep me out big time! I live in the country and I have LOTS of them. I sleep without a shirt on and nothing gets me out of bed faster than the feeling of tiny legs scurring across my chest. One time I felt a tickle under my arm and went to scratch it only to come up with a handful of wolf spider. ARRRRRGH! But I think the bat that flew in last week was even worse. It kept dive bombing me until I finally ended it's life with a well timed swoop of the old hay sweeper! HA! Where's a good fire spell when you need it??? :P

Evastio
05-26-2009, 12:17 AM
I've never really understood why people are so afraid of spiders. Yeah, I know you wouldn't want one to fall in your shirt or anything and have it bite you, but it's not like they're all that harmful when you're not touching them.

rubah
05-26-2009, 01:49 AM
they're easy enough to overlook to where you touch them when you don't want to, and BAM fear-bite.

I was at my uncle's house today and he had a miniature clock spider on his doorbell and a small furry black jumping spider with white spots on his window screen. . .

Xaven
05-26-2009, 02:06 AM
I hate you all. Now I'm paranoid about lying here on my bed in the corner in the relative dark. :/ Never been bitten noticeably that I can remember, luckily. I don't mind spiders too much. They're kinda fun to watch when they scurry away. :] Though, sleeping near them usually isn't the best. Thank goodness suburbia of southern California isn't host to anything remotely nasty. :D

nik0tine
05-26-2009, 02:34 AM
I would never sleep in that bed ever again.

seekurikku
05-26-2009, 03:49 AM
I've never really understood why people are so afraid of spiders. Yeah, I know you wouldn't want one to fall in your shirt or anything and have it bite you, but it's not like they're all that harmful when you're not touching them.

No need for discussion: here's why........:D

Brown Recluse Spider Bite picture (http://www.brownreclusespider.org/brown-recluse-spider-bite-picture.htm)

Awrini
05-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Well, generally yeah. thats why I shy away from Snakes, Spiders and Scorpions.

Yar
05-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Well, generally yeah. thats why I shy away from Snakes, Spiders and Scorpions.Those pesky Pennsylvanian Scorpions, I tells ya.