PDA

View Full Version : Inglourious Basterds

Paro
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/inglourious-basterds-poster-official.jpg

In German-occupied France, Shosanna Dreyfus witnesses the execution of her family at the hands of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa. Shosanna narrowly escapes and flees to Paris, where she forges a new identity as the owner and operator of a cinema.

Elsewhere in Europe, First Lieutenant Aldo Raine organizes a group of Jewish soldiers to engage in targeted acts of retribution. Known to their enemy as "The Basterds," Raine's squad eventually joins German actress and undercover agent, Bridget von Hammersmark, on a mission to take down the leaders of the Third Reich. Fates converge under a cinema marquee, where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own.
Trailer - YouTube - 'Inglourious Basterds' Trailer HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Sa1ErIfgU)

I've been a Quentin Tarantino since "True Romance" and I'm stoked that he's finally doing a "Dirty Dozen" styled movie. He spent more than a decade writing the script so It should be good.

Thoughts?

Breine
05-20-2009, 05:27 PM
As a big fan of Tarantino's I'm obviously excited to see this movie. It'll be interesting to see how he takes on World War II.

Shoeberto
05-20-2009, 05:34 PM
That trailer was awesome. I've been waiting for this for a while now. Tarantino can be hit or miss with me, but he has done some of my favorite movies ever.

Madame Adequate
05-20-2009, 05:41 PM
I fail to see how this could go wrong. Am eagerly awaiting.

Bunny
05-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm kind of torn by my feelings about this movie. On one hand, it sounds awesome. But on the other, I fucking hate Tarantino.

Dreddz
05-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Trailer did nothing for me. But its Tarantino so there is no doubt Ill be seeing this.

Moon Rabbits
05-22-2009, 10:21 PM
I want this movie so bad.

Shiny
05-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Wow, Brad Pitt sucks.

Madame Adequate
05-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Wow, Brad Pitt sucks.

Is it the part where he's totally awesome that leads you to this deduction?

Heath
05-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Looks quite good, I'll definitely make an effort to go and see it as I'm a big fan of Tarantino.

Rase
05-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Everyone hates Nat-zis, so I don't see any reason to no see it.

kikimm
05-24-2009, 01:49 AM
Wow, Brad Pitt sucks.

Is it the part where he's totally awesome that leads you to this deduction?

I think it's the part where he's ugly and can't act.

charliepanayi
05-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Brad Pitt is not the best actor in the world, but he's not the worst either. He's decent when he's pushed anyway.

As for this film, I think Tarantino has been going backwards since the underrated Jackie Brown, so I'm wary. Some people seem to have really liked this film at Cannes and some thought it was garbage, so sounds like it could be a real Marmite sort of film.

EDIT: I just read that Christoph Waltz, who plays the 'Jew Hunter', has won Best Actor at the Cannes Film Festival.