PDA

View Full Version : I need some help here...oblivion problem

Masamunemaster
05-21-2009, 04:11 AM
Ok so I just bought a 360 a hard drive a memory card along with oblivion RE5 PGR3 halo 3 and NFS most wanted last week off a guy I work with.

well its been a good week I should say lol, but late last night oblivion was freezing and so was nfs, and today nfs froze and oblivion wouldnt load...it kept saying "This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some objects may no longer be available. Continue loading?"
the only thing ive done different since last night is delete a theme I wasnt using and a gamer picture...some fish thing

please say there isnt something so bad wrong that I have to delete my save files and start from scratch(beat RE5 solo, #8 on nfs, and 40hrs in oblivion...guildmaster of the theives guild and silencer of the dark brotherhood)

o_O
05-21-2009, 04:19 AM
If you're experiencing the issue across more than one game then it could be faulty hardware. If you send it back to Microsoft for repair then be wary of them wiping the hard drive clean, there was a bit of controversy over that a while ago.

Madame Adequate
05-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Yeah when I got mine repaired the hard drive was completely wiped when I got it back. Still recovering some saves today :(

I don't know about this. It does sound like a hardware failure, however the Oblivion error message also suggests it might be trying to find DLC which isn't currently saved to the console.

Masamunemaster
05-21-2009, 04:28 AM
aww man...i dont wanna have to start fresh:(

MILF: it still has shivering isles and KOTN on it...it doesnt say anything changed on the dydtem info

UPDATE: I deleted all oblivion save files:(, and started a new game which is going ok so far