PDA

View Full Version : Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

McLovin'
05-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Why did they cancel it? :(

WHY DID THEY LEAVE IT THE WAY THEY DID WITH THAT FINALE! :mad2:

It was a good show imo with a nice fanbase.

sir helix
05-23-2009, 09:54 PM
i dont think the canceled it, i think it was just the end ofthat season.

Tavrobel
05-23-2009, 10:58 PM
The show opened mid-season with a shortened run of nine episodes, January through March 2008. It was the highest-rated new scripted series of the 2007-08 television season and was renewed for a second season, which began on September 8, 2008, and ended April 10, 2009. On May 18, 2009, Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly announced at a press conference that Fox will not renew the show for a third season.

Footnotes removed. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator:_The_Sarah_Connor_Chronicles)

McLovin'
05-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Well at least another network could pick it up...

Madame Adequate
05-23-2009, 11:40 PM
What.

WHAT

Slothy
05-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Did the show get any better after the first season? I watched the first several episodes when it started and thought they were pretty boring to be honest.

Namelessfengir
05-24-2009, 12:54 AM
fox hasn't really had anything good lately so i rarely watch their prime time. great idea to cancel the show just as the movie comes out which might have generated more viewers to watch the series

now summer has to find another weird role to play...

Bastian
06-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I loved the first season, but the second season was horrible. They couldn't seem to keep the momentum in the storylines consistent. In one episode something major would happen, and they wouldn't even deal with the aftermath until like three episodes later sometimes.

The season/series finale, though, was absolutely perfect. Actually, the last few episodes were REALLY good. But that last episode was just absolute perfection.

I haven't even seen Salvation yet. I was much more into T:tSCC than the actual movies.

Bunny
06-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Why did they cancel it? :(

Why did who cancel it?

Fox?

cuz thay dum

Vyk
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I liked the show. So I knew it was either going to be ruined like Heroes or House, or canceled like Firefly and Life :(

Madame Adequate
06-08-2009, 10:32 PM
What's been ruined about House? :confused: Aside from occasionally dragging on a Tritter or Volger storyline too long, it's still gold.

Vyk
06-09-2009, 12:23 AM
What's been ruined about House? :confused: Aside from occasionally dragging on a Tritter or Volger storyline too long, it's still gold.

I'll grant you that, it has tried to redeem itself on more than a few occasions. But I wasn't inclined to be very forgiving after the first Tritter escapade. The whole "bringing Wilson's wife back from the dead just to kill her again" thing didn't sit well with me inside and I had to stop watching for a long time. Then to find out they're leading up to killing off #13 or something (I honestly wasn't paying that much attention to the disease in question, whatever she has), and what's-his-face is most likely going to have a mid-life crisis once he finds out House is (more than likely, as always) right about his wife. It just seems like they're trying too hard for hard drama. I liked the old House where crap happened but his outlook on it all made it more tolerable. Too many life lessons, and they're all trying to be gut wrenching :(

Bastian
06-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Fox canceled T:tSCC because the ratings were awful.

The ratings were awful because they moved it into the death trap that is known as Friday nights (another of my favs was announced to be moved there this Fall . . . bye bye to that one too) which caused the rating to plummet even more dramatically.

The thing is, networks know this. The ONLY reason they move a show to the death trap is because the ratings aren't QUITE bad enough to cancel it outright, but they want to make room in the schedule for next season. So move it to Friday nights and it's taken care of. It's pure evil.

I think that the ratings were awful back when it was on Mondays was because JUST as it was building a fan base, the writers lost their $hit and started stretching plot lines out to completely unreasonable and unrecognizable extremes. There were whole episodes which took in between key plot episodes that didn't even reference what was currently happening and were never really mentioned again (Sarah being kidnapped?!).

There was voiced frustration on the message boards and people stopped watching. Ratings kept dropping. Fox moved it to Fridays. Ratings dropped further, Fox chose to "not renew it for another season."

My guess about the writing is that they didn't expect it to be a full 23 eipisode season. The creator of the show mentioned he though they were only doing a 13 episode season and then was asked by Fox for another nine. So . . . I think they had already plotted out the whole season and now had to come up with nine garbage episodes fast to shove in there . . . totally ruining the arc of the story.

That's just a guess though.