PDA

View Full Version : Crisis Core

G13
05-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Has anyone else noticed the similarities from Crisis Core to other FF installments? Like when Aerith and Zack go to the park there's an FFX song playing. The Wutai anti-ShinRa monsters look like Seeqs. Also, the Materia types aren't the same as they used to be. There were no a's (Fira) or aga's (Firaga), only Fire lv. 1, 2, and 3.

I also noticed the Magic Pot's kinda an S&M freak.

Zaskull
05-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Firstly, this should be in the Compilation subforum.

Secondly, there is -a and -aga materia, as seen below. You may not have found/fused it yet.
http://psp.kombo.com/images/media/56/crisiscorefinalfanta_030608_4721.jpg

There rest I am unsure of; I've never heard of SE reusing music, but they may be similar.

Saber
05-25-2009, 03:43 AM
The original ff7 had no A or aga. Second every Final Fantasy has easter eggs for fans. Magic pots, tonberry, airship. You can find a lot of the same stuff laying around.

G13
05-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Wow, I think you guys misunderstood what I was saying. I'm no newbie to Final Fantasy. I know they have "airships and tonberry's" from other games. I just noticed some stuff that didn't seem too FFVIII related (i.e. a song from X). Back in the day people would have been delighted to hear about something someone noticed that may have been mildly interesting. I'll keep you two in mind next time a thought like that crosses my mind.

As for the Compilation Subforums bit, my bad. I haven't been on in awhile and didn't know where to put a Crisis Core thread.

Rostum
05-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Ignore them Gaurdian, I understood what you were saying. I never noticed an FFX song in there though. In fact I am listening to the soundtrack right now and I can't find anything that sounds like it's from FFX.

Roogle
05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
The original ff7 had no A or aga. Second every Final Fantasy has easter eggs for fans. Magic pots, tonberry, airship. You can find a lot of the same stuff laying around.

This is a translation issue. At the time of the release of Final Fantasy VII, the magic spells were translated as Fire 1, Fire 2, Fire 3 rather than Fire, Fira, Firaga.

The latter set of names are derived from the Japanese versions of the games in the series. They are what will be used for all magic spells in the series moving forward rather than the different levels of spells used in the earlier versions of Final Fantasy games. The spells are exactly the same; you are pointing out a localization issue.

Masamunemaster
05-26-2009, 08:28 PM
its like the use of peanut butter...same thting here as anywhere else but some use it for different stuff lol(boredom)

G13
05-26-2009, 11:42 PM
its like the use of peanut butter...same thting here as anywhere else but some use it for different stuff lol(boredom)

lol I like that, that's a good one.

I may be mistaken on the FFX song but it definitely didn't sound like anything from VII. I've played all the games through recently though, so they may be blending in my head.

I figured that the spell names may have been a misunderstanding since VII was the only one to use 1, 2, and 3's. I was just pointing out that it was different.

On a side note, last night I noticed a gunblade wielding Genesis copy. I almost did a backflip I was so excited.

Masamunemaster
05-26-2009, 11:47 PM
well do you want all enemies to use just regular swords the whole game and get boring?

and from what i remember the older games used 1 2 and 3 instead of a's and aga's

G13
05-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Good point, that didn't even cross my mind.

I wasn't saying I didn't like the gunblade, just commenting on how I noticed someone using one.

Masamunemaster
05-27-2009, 03:21 AM
and a point I just thought of....CC is a newer FF....kids nowdays only know of a's and aga's in a FF game....1 2 and 3's would confuse them.....somehow

G13
05-27-2009, 03:54 AM
Right... I think this has become just a big fight. I meant this to be an innocent little thread in which I pointed out some interesting things I noticed and maybe other people would do the same, but some people have taken this as a personal attack for some reason. I think everyone needs to calm the f down.

Masamunemaster
05-27-2009, 07:51 AM
wow nobodys attacking you man...I was just making points about the game...like you were...so you need to calm down. done

G13
05-27-2009, 08:22 AM
I know that. I'm not saying I'm being attacked. Seems like everything I post is countered by someone making it sound like I'm tearing the game down (ergo the personal attacks bit). I guess that was me being a nerdy-kid-asking-the-cool-kids-who-aren't-actually-being-mean-to-stop-being-mean. I apologize.

Masamunemaster
05-27-2009, 03:52 PM
lol ok

Fynn
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Paranoid much? I didn't think any of that was rude or anything. But I digress. No offence taken, I hope? :bigsmile:

Aaaanyway... The piece you're talking about - it's called "Sky-Blue Eyes" and it is an original track composed by Takeharu Ishimoto exclusivelly for Crisis Core. It actually has nothing to do with X... Oh well, everybody makes mistakes, right? ;) Maybe it does sound similar to some FFX track, but I failed to notice that...

G13
06-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Yes I'm very paranoid!