PDA

View Full Version : I Didn't Expect That From You

Evastio
05-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Post things about you that people wouldn't expect from you at all, because of how you act on EoFF.

A lot of people would probably expect my voice to sound all deep and rough (at least that's what I think because of the way I post), though in reality it's deep and dorky (I can't think of any other way to describe it), and a little slurred. I also usually talk in a quiet voice and some people can't hear what I say because of that.

Besides being afraid of eye contact, another reason why I don't face people when I talk to them is so we don't exchange bad breath.

I'm actually barely paranoid about posting my pictures online anymore. My main reason for hiding my pictures now is so I can force all the girls that I do show my pictures to to comment on if they find me attractive looking or not.

Even though I act all bitter and angry on EoFF, I do that to cover up how soft and sensitive I am in real life. It's really bad to the point that I feel guilty over things that I have no control over.

Mini Tidus
05-26-2009, 12:49 AM
um ok

Rebellious Eagle
05-26-2009, 12:50 AM
People may expect me to be an extrovert and somewhat of a comedian, but in real life I'm very cynical, sensitive, and reserved. And very, very sarcastic. However, with my friends I act about the same as I do on EoFF. >_>

Rye
05-26-2009, 01:06 AM
um ok

Bwahahahha. xD

Hmm...

I'm extremely clumsy. By extremely, I mean, constant bruises all over me, walking into door frames, dropping everything clumsy. I'm a proper klutz. I also can't walk a straight line - I walk with more of a drunk swagger.

I'm always constantly thinking in a dreamlike state, so I have a creepy tendency to just randomly start grinning or laughing, or just walk around with a big smile on my face. It weirds people out sometimes, because we'll just be sitting there, and then I start smiling and laughing at nothing.

I look at myself in every mirrored surface I encounter during my day. I can't help it, I just do it constantly. It's not even necessarily vanity, I just have to do it. If I don't, then I feel weird and uncomfortable, unless I walk back and walk past it again and look. It's a bit of OCD, I s'pose.

Madame Adequate
05-26-2009, 01:08 AM
She also has severe, hair-blowing-in-the-breeze, knock-out-a-horse flatulence.

Rye
05-26-2009, 01:09 AM
She also has severe, hair-blowing-in-the-breeze, knock-out-a-horse flatulence.

And I can do it at whim, like Cake Fart girl. :aimkiss:

Madame Adequate
05-26-2009, 01:10 AM
That was a HELL of a night.

blackmage_nuke
05-26-2009, 01:12 AM
I am funny in real life, I swear!

Yar
05-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Even though I act all bitter and angry on EoFF, I do that to cover up how soft and sensitive I am in real life. It's really bad to the point that I feel guilty over things that I have no control over.:erm: I've never thought of you as angry and bitter...

Mini Tidus
05-26-2009, 01:14 AM
LOL i'm still not sure whether that first post was actually serious or not, of course if it is that just makes this thread even funnier

Vermachtnis
05-26-2009, 01:23 AM
People are surprised by my shyness. Like constantly, I'm always hearing some variant of "You were loud like five minutes ago."

Depending on what kind of mood I was in when we first met people are surprised by how stupid or intelligent I can get.

Also I'm always surprising my friends by how much energy I have.

On a less positive note, people are always surprised by my bad mood when I'm wet. I don't like being wet and everyone learns that the hard way.

Rye
05-26-2009, 01:32 AM
I thought of another one.

I have a very proper soft voice a lot of the time. I get really loud when I get excited, to the point of people telling me to stop shouting (depending on how people tell me to quiet down, I either take it fine, laugh, and apologize, or I get insanely furious and stop talking - people can be incredibly rude about it), but a lot of the time, I'm talk softly and sweetly, especially when I'm talking to someone who is serving my food, or people at a shop, or especially someone on the phone delivering my food. My friends have teased me about it, because I sound that pleasant and soft and polite. xD

I do really like that quality, but I don't think it comes across on EoFF often.

Meat Puppet
05-26-2009, 01:32 AM
I always imagined you having a higher pitch to your voice, Evastio.

Rase
05-26-2009, 01:33 AM
I know I come off as an awesome, amazing, laugh-a-minute wacky funster who's as cool as the Fonz (not that Fonz (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/fonz.html)), but I'm just hiding my deep-rooted fear of people, cynical view on life, and introverted nerdiness.

LunarWeaver
05-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Well, anyone who even bothered to think about me would probably assume I'm a huge wuss and they'd be right. :happybday

Jessweeee♪
05-26-2009, 01:49 AM
I am a lethargic lump.

Shoeberto
05-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Everyone probably assumes that I'm a horrible ogre in real life, one that could never possible be loved by anyone. Partially because of my horrid appearance, but also because of other factors such as the wretched smell I emit and the tendency for my right eye to regularly slump out of its socket, hanging by the optical nerve until I realize what has happened and quickly push it back in as though nothing has happened.

But I assure you I have had sex many times. It's all about finding the right blind lady with no sense of smell who is missing her arms. If you're out there, Geraldina, I miss you.

NeoTifa
05-26-2009, 02:07 AM
A symbolic representation of my personality would be.... Usagi/Serena (aka Sailor Moon). >_> That's probably why I have such a deep connection with that show >_>

Shlup
05-26-2009, 02:41 AM
Uhh... Is it surprising I like to do 50's housewifey things? When I make BJ dinner I usually serve it to him. And I love to bake pretty cookies and cakes, even though I don't like eating them.

NeoTifa
05-26-2009, 02:42 AM
I sound like a stripper. :\ Or a 5 year old boy. Depends.

rubah
05-26-2009, 02:42 AM
WYSIWYG

Shoeberto
05-26-2009, 02:49 AM
WYSIWYG
A black-haired goddess, sent from above!
*stares intently*

*pushes eye back into socket*

Momiji
05-26-2009, 04:07 AM
I'm a wallflower with a girly voice.

I don't talk much in person, so it doesn't matter, I guess.

Breine
05-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I have no idea how my fellow EoFFers look at me and conceive me, so it's somewhat hard for me to list some things, although I can think of some (mostly because I read them in Rye's post :P).

Like her I'm also rather clumsy. I frequently trip or knock a bodypart into something.

And, I also have a tendency of looking at myself whenever I walk past a mirrored surface. Like Rye it's not a vanity thing, it's just a really weird habit.

..meh, I can't think of anything else at the moment.

DK
05-26-2009, 06:12 PM

I second this.

I can't really tell you what people don't expect from me. You would have to ask the people who know me.

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-26-2009, 06:35 PM
People who don't know me well are always surprised by the fact that I have a temper. I come off as pretty easy-going--which I am most of the time. I also bottle my anger. This is why one day, I will go nuts and like kill people, or so that's what my friend thinks. :S

I am much more sarcastic in person too. The internet is a poor medium to communicate sarcasm so I try to keep it to a minimum.

I am also the king of TMI, though that is not surprising to some!

Shiny
05-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Hm, I act pretty much the same way I do online as I do offline. I'm very private and won't open up to people whom I don't like, or don't know. The only thing I can say is that people probably expect me to be male for some reason and not black. :p

Rantz
05-26-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm sort of boring offline.

Marshall Banana
05-26-2009, 08:03 PM
I eat more than strawberries and chocolate!

scrumpleberry
05-26-2009, 08:49 PM
um ok

PERFECT :heart:

I'm not particularly cutesy, which I think a couple of people here might expect me to be.

I'm always constantly thinking in a dreamlike state, so I have a creepy tendency to just randomly start grinning or laughing, or just walk around with a big smile on my face. It weirds people out sometimes, because we'll just be sitting there, and then I start smiling and laughing at nothing.

I do this xD but not usually with other people. It's mainly if I'm walking around on my own.

I second this.

Thirded

I guess it's only natural that we're like this. Interbuttz personas are easier to control and shape than our real selves. We can sift out the flaws we don't like if we choose to do so.

Old Manus
05-26-2009, 09:25 PM
From the intense concern you all undoubtedly have for my life and internet persona on Eyes on Final Fantasy, I expect you think I'm a guy. I'm actually a girl. COMMENCE THE CARE.

I Took the Red Pill
05-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Post things about you that people wouldn't expect from you at all, because of how you act on EoFF.

A lot of people would probably expect my voice to sound all deep and rough (at least that's what I think because of the way I post), though in reality it's deep and dorky (I can't think of any other way to describe it), and a little slurred. I also usually talk in a quiet voice and some people can't hear what I say because of that.

Besides being afraid of eye contact, another reason why I don't face people when I talk to them is so we don't exchange bad breath.

I'm actually barely paranoid about posting my pictures online anymore. My main reason for hiding my pictures now is so I can force all the girls that I do show my pictures to to comment on if they find me attractive looking or not.

Even though I act all bitter and angry on EoFF, I do that to cover up how soft and sensitive I am in real life. It's really bad to the point that I feel guilty over things that I have no control over.

um ok
Post of the year

Fonzie
05-26-2009, 09:54 PM
From the intense concern you all undoubtedly have for my life and internet persona on Eyes on Final Fantasy, I expect you think I'm a guy. I'm actually a girl. COMMENCE THE CARE.

Pff, you're a moderator, and since girls can't be moderators. :-*

Shoeberto
05-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I eat more than strawberries and chocolate!
Yeah, okay. Nice try!

Peegee
05-26-2009, 10:23 PM
It would be more accurate for somebody who has met me to describe me in comparison to my online self.

I've almost destroyed my pseudo intellectual online self in exchange for a patently idiotic and annoying online persona.

So there's that - I'm not patently idiotic and annoying in real life. I'm like a typical person who knows too many internet / obscure references. I like to dance and to discuss nonsense. I can be lured into a discussion about intelligent things only if you aren't stupid; otherwise the online pg who smacks down ignorance comes alive.

If I've hit on you over IM, I don't expect to hit on you IRL

Blue Harvest
05-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Everyone expects that I'm a total ladies' man IRL. They're wrong. Any attempt to talk to the opposite sex results in garbled sentences and embarassment.

Peegee
05-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Everyone expects that I'm a total ladies' man IRL. They're wrong. Any attempt to talk to the opposite sex results in garbled sentences and embarassment.

can we meet so I can see this for myself?

I will supply alcohol.

Shiny
05-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Everyone expects that I'm a total ladies' man IRL.
...What.

Peegee
05-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Everyone expects that I'm a total ladies' man IRL.
...What.

owned.

Levian
05-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Apparently, I come off as a very short person when I type. In reality I'm taller than most bushes.

Old Manus
05-26-2009, 11:35 PM
We may as well just close down EoFF now because Blue Harvest just won the forum.

fire_of_avalon
05-27-2009, 12:01 AM
You wouldn't expect me to suck.

You would be correct.

Peegee
05-27-2009, 12:12 AM
You wouldn't expect me to suck.

You would be correct.

I dunno, I expect to meet you one day.

Laddy
05-27-2009, 03:13 AM
I am eloquent and sophisticated. And I can spell genius. =)

Dynast-Kid
05-27-2009, 04:48 AM
I'm not sure how you all see me, but I can tell you that i'm alot more articulate on EoFF than offline. I like to have time to organize my thoughts and plan what I say, which I can actually do on the computer rather than in real life.

But in real life i'm also alot more outgoing and I have a very loud voice! I also dance. Alot. All the time, actually. :bigsmile:

Tama2
05-27-2009, 05:11 AM
Gay IRL.

KentaRawr!
05-27-2009, 02:45 PM
This seems more like just a fun thread to figure out how people present themselves online to contrast their real lives. No one has said anything I expected of them at all, until they said something I allegedly wouldn't expect. :p

Anyway, I'll do this, too!

Looking at my posts, you may expect me to be a Wizzrobe. Sadly, this is incorrect. :(

Aerith's Knight
05-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm really a racist horse...

...a white one. :shifty:

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Gay IRL.

:jokey:

Evastio
05-28-2009, 03:47 AM
That's just messed.

Then again, it's much easier getting over your shyness online than it is in real life.

couple of people here might expect me to be.

I second this.

Thirded
I can't take much more of this. :sweatdrop

I'm really wanting to post a voice clip of me right now so I can prove you all wrong, but this is probably just some trick to provoke me into destroying my secrecy so I'll refrain from doing so.

Rye
05-28-2009, 03:49 AM
Oh, Evastio, don't be scared to do it. I'll give you something to say that's random and can no way destroy your secrecy:

"HP Brown Sauce"

You can do it!

Marshall Banana
05-28-2009, 03:58 AM
We all want to hear!

rubah
05-28-2009, 04:11 AM
you can just leave someone a voicemail or something

Old Manus
05-28-2009, 07:19 PM
this is probably just some trick to provoke me into destroying my secrecy so I'll refrain from doing so.It really isn't.

demondude
05-28-2009, 08:00 PM
This is what Evastio sounds like. (In song, at least) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O88k4i6pF1A)

Momiji
05-28-2009, 08:15 PM
This is what Evastio sounds like. (In song, at least) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O88k4i6pF1A)

Whoa, didn't see that coming.

squiike
05-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I dont know :confused: What do you think of me?

hey! Lets get to know each other everybody! Make a youtube account and upload yourselves doing random stuff. :D haha

mine: YouTube - squick1842's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/squick1842)
Pictures by squiike - Photobucket (http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu97/squiike/)

does it compute?

Zerokku
05-29-2009, 02:11 AM
People may expect me to be an extrovert and somewhat of a comedian, but in real life I'm very cynical, sensitive, and reserved. And very, very sarcastic. However, with my friends I act about the same as I do on EoFF. >_>

This sounds a lot like me as well. Except I'm pretty much sarcastic all the time.

Quindiana Jones
05-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Holy Jesus. O_O

Gwawr
05-29-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure what the public impression of me is to be honest, but in reality I'm studious, very softly-spoken and I guess not many people see me and picture me speaking Welsh, which I do about 90% of the time.