PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Wounds

Yar
05-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Owowowow I just cut myself trying to make dinner. :( The pain drove me insane almost; for a while I thought it was stigmata rather than a cut from the knife. It's okay though, dinner is in the oven. Now to stop the bleeding. :mad2:

Injuries, go.

NeoTifa
05-26-2009, 02:26 AM
You can't tell me what to do >=[

Xaven
05-26-2009, 02:28 AM
Injuries r 4 teh week.

My friend cut the side of my wrist with his knife which he refused not to bring to school every day. >:[ It hurt. And bled.

DarkBahamut
05-26-2009, 02:31 AM
You can't tell me what to do >=[
Oh, but yes she can.

I was taking my bike outta the garage and just jumped on it riding with only my right foot on the right pedal. I was balanced, so I fell and got two huge scabs, or atleast I think they're scabs, I can't think of what word it I wanna use. Well, they are small now that I kept ripping them, oh it was painful, but I took it like the lil' man I am.......

rubah
05-26-2009, 02:41 AM
I kicked a wall accidentally. daaaaaaaang it hurt.

Jessweeee♪
05-26-2009, 03:37 AM
(knock on wood, etc.)

I would type "I've never really been injured before" but due to the family curse, I don't think I will.

Momiji
05-26-2009, 03:42 AM
The last time I got hurt was when I was practicing baseball stuff with my little brother. He's not always the most accurate pitcher and I'm not a very good catcher.

Pain ensued.

rubah
05-26-2009, 03:47 AM
tell me more about this curse.

[edit- daaaaaaaamn jussie I didn't think you were into that kind of thing. I think you should be sporting my sig, not me. hahaha, not a good catcher hehehehehehe]

LunarWeaver
05-26-2009, 03:48 AM
Momiji doing baseball stuff with his little brother sounds so cute http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/LunarWeaver/p3.jpg I want to see it.

I can't remember the last time I got hurt. I don't do anything dangerous.

Jessweeee♪
05-26-2009, 04:09 AM

[edit- daaaaaaaamn jussie I didn't think you were into that kind of thing. I think you should be sporting my sig, not me. hahaha, not a good catcher hehehehehehe]

Well the short version is, we're pretty much lightning rods to cruel irony ;_;

rubah
05-26-2009, 04:12 AM
That's an awesome slogan.

Lightning rods to cruel irony since 1189 AD.

Momiji
05-26-2009, 04:13 AM

I'm not into baseball stuff at all; in fact I can't stand sitting through three games a week.

But, we're at our mom's house, and her shoulder is messed up and our stepdad was at work, and he needed at least someone to practice with. If we were at dad's house, he'd be practicing with him, but since I was the only option, I did what I had to.

I got hit on the wrist, on the leg, and once on both feet somehow.

After that, I threw my mitt aside and just told him to throw grounders at me so I could just pick them up. It isn't me who needs or wants the practice, after all. xD

Meat Puppet
05-26-2009, 04:20 AM
Wait, those are baseball terms? Then why did that old guy behind the 7-Eleven...

Rye
05-26-2009, 04:21 AM
My new suede shoes are just darling, but one of them is too small because one foot is slightly bigger than the other, and caused all sorts of terrible cuts to my feet. ;;

rubah
05-26-2009, 04:56 AM
I'm not into baseball stuff at all; in fact I can't stand sitting through three games a week.

baseball stuff?

Xaven
05-26-2009, 05:29 AM
What are baseballs stuffed with?

Momiji
05-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Judging from the welt it raised, lead.

Laddy
05-26-2009, 07:13 AM
I cut myself answering a call from someone I don't know for my sisters while cutting oranges.

It was bleeding. ='( But I'm ok, now!

Poor Yars, are you okie-dokie nao?

Rantz
05-26-2009, 07:45 AM
90% of my hurtful accidents happen in the kitchen. The worst was probably when I cut off a little piece from the tip of my thumb with a cheese slicer. :yuck:

The last time I got hurt was when I was practicing baseball stuff with my little brother. He's not always the most accurate pitcher and I'm not a very good catcher.

Pain ensued.

I got hit on the wrist, on the leg, and once on both feet somehow.

After that, I threw my mitt aside and just told him to throw grounders at me so I could just pick them up. It isn't me who needs or wants the practice, after all. xD

Oh Momiji, tell me more about your "baseball practice". :jokey:

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-26-2009, 08:08 AM
To play off Rantzien's post, I work in a kitchen. I've slices my fingers a few times. FYI serrated blades hurt more than straight-edge. Serrated rips and tears. :( So I have scars from those.

Burned by oil while pan-frying fish once, though I've seen more severe burns happen to my co-workers.

Got cut by a mandoline while slicing slipper peeled potatoes that were in water. By cut, I mean the heel of my hand got several cuts that surprisingly didn't scar.

In grade 10 I split my head open by tripping on my untied shoelaces while bringing wood in. :/

I too, would like to know more about Momiji's "baseball" adventures. ;)

McLovin'
05-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Sleep walked to the bathroom and kicked the toilet. Broke my big toe. : D

Gullick
05-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Fair play guys, those are some nasty injuries.

Last time i got hurt was when a mate of mine scratched my back with her nails. It hurts a lot more than i thought it would.

Quindiana Jones
05-26-2009, 11:10 AM
I've got a few minor scars. Got a nifty one in my hand from why I got cheese grated by a brick wall. Seriously, massive design flaw there. "Should we use smooth bricks, as usual?" "Nah. Let's put holes in it, so that when a 10 stone child falls onto your hand and crushes it against the wall, it'll rip a small hole into said hand." "Nice!".

My best scar as from hockey. It's about an inch long, and went right to the skull when it happened. I only got butterflies for it, so it's not too bad. However, it scabbed over the stitches, so when it came to removing them, it was freaking agony and gave me another scar. Eurgh.

Breine
05-26-2009, 04:20 PM
My most recent injury was just 10 minutes ago. I was shaving, and cut myself right by the one nostril. It won't stop bleeding!

Momiji
05-26-2009, 04:45 PM
You guys are horrible. :irked:

Peegee
05-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I bludgeoned a tree using myself. I have a 9+ inch along the inside of my right thigh. Above that scar is another one from jumping off my bike onto my bike. On that leg's knee is a circular scar from falling off my bike and landing on a rock.

On the outside of my left leg near the knee there are two 'bullet hole' wounds from the tree bludgeoning incident (basically the tree fought back and cut me up really good). I have several dozen scars on my calves from bug bites and the like.

The steam burn on my left arm is almost gone. I left my arm over the rice cooker for several seconds before I realized that my body was telling me I was in pain.

The cigarette burn from one of those 'chicken' games is almost gone. I was beating everybody so they put me against my brother. So we stood there until the cigarette burned out. Stupid cigarettes.

Speaking of cigarettes there are two rather noticeable scars on my neck. One from putting out a cigarette and the other from the band aid I wore to cover that up.

There's a scar on my left middle finger's knuckle from when a dog bit me. The doctor told me it almost hit the tendon.

I have dozens of scars on my forearms from scrapes and the like.

On my right hand there's a piece of graphite from a No 2 pencil lodged in my palm.

Two of my palm bones on my left hand were fractured. My knuckles do not match

Araciel
05-27-2009, 05:49 AM
The week before highschool I was laying on the couch in the basement watching TV... there was an odd bug crawling on the ceiling so I stood right up and looked right up at it, all the blood rushed out of my head and I blacked out, falling face first over the TV and smacking my head on the shelf that held a lot of collector's glasses my parents had. When I came to a moment later, I was laying on the floor in a massive pool of coagulating face blood, pain flowing through many parts of my body.

Psychotic
05-27-2009, 11:34 AM
My finger bled yesterday. I do not know why!

scrumpleberry
05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Bruised myself somehow. I don't notice when I do it but I bruise quite easily, especially on my legs.

Lyg
05-27-2009, 07:50 PM

Well the short version is, we're pretty much lightning rods to cruel irony ;_;

Welcome to my life! :cry:
The last time I got hurt I was making ramen for my sister, which was last night, and finished. First I hit the counter with my funny bone, then I accidentally closed my finger in the silverware drawer, then I spilled water, which I left alone because the pot was boiling over, burned myself on the metal edges, went to get some napkins so I could put some ice on it, slid on the spilled water and hit the garbage can with my hip, cleaned that up and got my ice, then tried to make her noodles. But the bowl was not large enough for the content of the liquid and noodles, so I burned myself again, spilled it on the stove, fell backwards and hit the back of my head on the kitchen sink, got up and slipped again on the remnants of the water I thought I got up, then when I brought the noodles to my sister she just broke her new CD by accident so she decided to take her anger out on me by slapping the bowl out of my hands, thus effectively burning my entire upper half of my body AGAIN! Then I got in trouble for what SHE did to ME because she wasnt supposed to have food in her room. No one even cared that I was tanned by food or that my head and arms and back were full of hickies and bumps....Well, I feel better after sharing that(not really, my head still hurts)!

qwertysaur
05-28-2009, 08:42 AM
My dog stepped on my foot. =/

05-28-2009, 10:08 PM
various cuts on my hands from collecting fire wood.
Various scars from burns & sharp things getting stuck through me.

Levian
05-29-2009, 01:24 AM
I couldn't find paper so I used my arm to write on, but I couldn't find a pen either so I used a knife to carve with. Then I carved "pick up milk" which I remembered to do, but now I can't get it off. :/ Oh well, at least I'll always remember milk.

Momiji
05-29-2009, 03:06 AM
I couldn't find paper so I used my arm to write on, but I couldn't find a pen either so I used a knife to carve with. Then I carved "pick up milk" which I remembered to do, but now I can't get it off. :/ Oh well, at least I'll always remember milk.

Can you prove this with picture evidence? :p

Evastio
05-29-2009, 03:11 AM
This. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/124642-i-didnt-expect-you.html#post2668133)

Besides that, the only other recent thing I can think of is this really painful hangnail I had while I was on the bus. Even after I cut it, my skin was all raw so the slightest touch made it hurt.

Levian
05-29-2009, 01:29 PM

Can you prove this with picture evidence? :p

sure thing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/Picture26.jpg

Rantz
05-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Fortunate that you wrote it in English.

Blue Harvest
05-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I have a small but noticeable scar on my forehead that I got when I was 4 from when I was jumping on a bed, slipped and caught a table on the way down.

Rye
05-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Eh, it's the same as Norwegian, just less letters. "Pick up milk" instead of "pikk up milkku" or something like that. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
05-29-2009, 02:13 PM
When I was a kid I went Columbine-rage and killed a window with my bare hands. Now there is a scar!

Xaven
05-29-2009, 02:25 PM

Eh, it's the same as Norwegian, just less letters. "Pick up milk" instead of "pikk up milkku" or something like that. :bigsmile:
I thought only silly French uses more letters than English. :P Phhh, silly Norwegian.

Levian
05-29-2009, 02:54 PM
You'd probably make a better finn than a norwegian, Rye. >;o

direct translation would be plukk opp melk.

Quindiana Jones
05-29-2009, 02:58 PM
So, Norwegians are basically just drunk Englishmen?

Rantz
05-29-2009, 03:25 PM

In Finnish it'd rather be "pikkuru oppali melikukkulainen".

Lyg
05-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Geez, a lot of people here are unlucky and get hurt.

Oh yeah this morning I got out of bed and hit my big toe on my dresser, which caught on the exact spot that I cut with a knife out of boredom once, so now I have a cut toe...:(

Momiji
05-29-2009, 04:59 PM

In Finnish it'd rather be "pikkuru oppali melikukkulainen".

Seems like it would take longer to say that than it would be to actually go out and pick up milk. :p

Quindiana Jones
05-29-2009, 06:33 PM
I'd like a graphic description of what these injuries are, what you were doing to obtain them, who with, for how long, as well as why, when and where you performed such actions. And anytime a word that may be construed as rude must be used, I'd appreciate it if you would substitute in either "Leeza" or "Loony BoB", please.