PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Gold and Silver remake confirmed !!

Fire_Emblem776
05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Nintendo has confirmed a 2009 release for Pokmon HeartGold and SoulSilver, DS remakes of the principal Generation II Pokmon games, Gold and Silver, which were originally released for the Game Boy Color in 1999 in Japan. Speculated by fans to be in development since the release of Pokmon FireRed and LeafGreen, the remakes will take gamers back to the Johto region, found west of Kanto this time as Generation IV games.

The games will most likely be able to link to Diamond, Pearl and Platinum as shown by game data. HeartGold and SoulSilver will be released in Japan this fall, possibly on or near Nov. 21, the 10th anniversary of the original release of their namesakes. International releases will likely come in mid-2010.
--http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_confirms_Generation_II_remakes

Almost 10 years have passed since it was originally released, god i feel old:p

Who's happy because im ecstatic:love: These are my favorite games ever, the gba generation did not have day and night featured:tongue:

Official Japan site.

ポケットモンスター ハートゴールド ポケットモンスター ソウルシルバー | ニンテンドーDS | ゲーム | ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/hgss/)

And this nice article with photos :love::love::love::love:

Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver_Versions)

Nice
05-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Old news for like three weeks if I'm not mistaken. It's just another scam to sell games. Those guys at gamefreak can't seem to enhance the series and branch it out. I suspect that these remakes will only perpetuate the formula that is really just meant for little kids or those of us who were once addicted to pokemon. >.>

Tavrobel
05-26-2009, 06:04 PM
It is old news. And it's a damn good scam. It's not like they haven't done any changes to the games at all; there is a very real difference between the originals and Platinum version, including re-balancing, slightly more epic plot, fixing of glitches (and simultaneously introducing new ones). Besides, they have to do a remake because it's incredibly difficult to get all of the Pokemon in the Pokemon world without ones that were featured in the Generation II games. Otherwise, you would have to do some very convoluted things, involving the Generation III games while playing the newest ones.

Frankly, I believe that simple is better. Pokemon is one of the few games that I can play for hours at a time in a fierce level grind, or just to pick it up, walk a few steps, and turn it off in five minutes.

Fonzie
05-26-2009, 10:02 PM
So ollllddd.

Ouch!
05-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Aye, old news, but I'm still absolutely psyched. Pokemon Gold and Silver are the best of the bunch, and seeing them remade with the new additions will be very welcome.

I suspect that these remakes will only perpetuate the formula that is really just meant for little kids or those of us who were once addicted to pokemon.
You've never tried to EV train, have you? Or breed for IVs?

Heath
05-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Aye, old news, but I'm still absolutely psyched. Pokemon Gold and Silver are the best of the bunch, and seeing them remade with the new additions will be very welcome.

Most definitely. I'm actually quite happy with this news.

Momiji
05-27-2009, 01:08 AM

I suspect that these remakes will only perpetuate the formula that is really just meant for little kids or those of us who were once addicted to pokemon.
You've never tried to EV train, have you? Or breed for IVs?

Kids don't have the patience for that kind of thing, which is why I can totally ruin their ubers online with my well-trained Pokmon. :roll2

EDIT: And yeah this is old news :p

Ouch!
05-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Kids don't have the patience for that kind of thing, which is why I can totally ruin their ubers online with my well-trained Pokmon. :roll2

EDIT: And yeah this is old news :p
My point exactly.