PDA

View Full Version : Did Arkansas Rig AI8?

Laddy
05-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Despite my love for Adam Lambert, there have been many conspiracy theories on Kris Allen, a 23 year-old Arkanasan, and his American Idol win. Almost 100 million votes were cast according to American Idol, over 38 million came from Arkansas. Arkansas. Over 1/3 of the votes for American Idol came from Arkansas, and the title was given to an Arkansan.

I think it's rubbish, but it is intersting on how a population of approxamitely 2,855,390 could push out over 38 million votes. That would require each Arkansan to about 14 times. Although multiple voting is possible, such a number is staggeringly high, so is Arkansas fucked up or is Arkansas responsible for foul play?

rubah
05-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Wasn't that reported by fox news?

we have an incredible number of old people and babies in this state, and not to mention poor people who can't afford things like text messages and watching tv instead of working a second job. So no. Don't be a sore loser.

Laddy
05-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Wasn't that reported by fox news?

we have an incredible number of old people and babies in this state, and not to mention poor people who can't afford things like text messages and watching tv instead of working a second job. So no. Don't be a sore loser.

I think it's rubbish
Sore loser? It's totaly bull. I said it myself. I'm simply asking what EoFF thinks. Even if Arkansas was completely uninvolved, an eyeliner-wearing falsetto-singing gay guy wouldn't win anyway. I told you before, it's total rubbish.

rubah
05-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Conway reacts to Kris' win - FOX16.com (http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Conway-reacts-to-Kris-win/sv8BNSsGY0G8GRZWSr0fRw.cspx) check out the all-caps "CORRECTION".

Also, I'm frankly insulted that anyone could seriously think the rest of my state has the sheer genius to come up with such a strategy.

Shoeberto
05-27-2009, 12:01 AM
First, an entire state is not a singular entity.

Second, it's not really rigging if anyone can vote multiple times completely anonymously. Which probably happened in Arkansas, but what is to stop it from happening elsewhere? It just happened more in Arkansas because, hey, we don't really get people on the national stage that often.

Third, why is American Idol still relevant? Especially enough to accuse the entire population of a state of being fucked up or being involved in "foul play."

Laddy
05-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Conway reacts to Kris' win - FOX16.com (http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Conway-reacts-to-Kris-win/sv8BNSsGY0G8GRZWSr0fRw.cspx) check out the all-caps "CORRECTION".

Also, I'm frankly insulted that anyone could seriously think the rest of my state has the sheer genius to come up with such a strategy.
If Tenessee didn't completely and utterly suck, we'd still have Lil and Alexis. Hell, I even know where Alexis Grace works and hangs out. I go to the Cabana all the time.

Fools! It would be obvious that Arkansas would craft such a conspiracy! =oooo

EDIT-Geez, do you guys honestly think I believe this :bou::bou::bou::bou:? =/

Yar
05-27-2009, 12:06 AM
lol

Population of Arkansas ≈ 3 million.
Number of votes for American Idol Finale ≈ 100 million.

Laddy
05-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Lookie. (http://my.att.net/s/editorial.dll?pnum=1&bfromind=7403&eeid=6597071&_sitecat=1479&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=-2&ck=&ch=ne&s=en&rg=blsadstrgt&l=hm)

I don't know if such a thing affected the outcome as much as it did, and I don't care unless it lead to an untruthful win.

The only thing that piqued my interest was this line

"I don't think anybody was trying to do anything underhanded or be unfair. I would think that the people in San Diego (Lambert's hometown) have the same resources available to them that the people in Conway do. I don't know that they were as organized as we were in terms of their support."

As far as I know, Arkansas is far less represented in the media as San Diego, so for San Diego to feel such loyalty in the situation is unlikely.

Kirobaito
05-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Carrie Underwood only won American Idol because it was rigged by Carrie Underwood fans.

Momiji
05-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Who cares, anyway? I bet the guy who won will fade out of the spotlight quickly as that Lambert guy pulls a Clay Aiken and becomes more famous than the winner.

I don't watch American Idol enough to care (read: I haven't truly sat down and watched it willingly since the second season), but I don't see why it's such a big deal. Then again, none of the winners have ever really appealed to me anyway.