PDA

View Full Version : Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine

Jessweeee♪
05-27-2009, 04:03 AM
Anyone played it yet? Thinking of giving it a try and wanted to see what y'all thought.

Vermachtnis
05-27-2009, 04:49 AM
I play it every now and again. I used to play all the time, but bored. I started again and am Level 23 now. It's a pretty alright game, but major complaint is that the map is kind of small. I mean there's only 5 towns. And there's a part where you have get to Level 25 to continue that's kind of boring. You can piggy back on Gray runs to help speed up the leveling (A gray run nets you 100K XP)

Suffice to say, you'll spend a majority of the time in dungeons. That's not all bad, it's kind of easy to get a party together. And the music is alright. And of course the demons are the main attraction. There's 129 so far. The compendium is different than normal so filling it will be more difficult than normal, but that adds to fun. At least for me. I let hunting the D.C. Memory.

Momiji
05-27-2009, 05:02 AM
It lags too much on a wireless connection, it seems. Can't effectively play it, unfortunately, and I'm too lazy to hook up an ethernet connection.

JKTrix
05-27-2009, 11:20 PM
It's free. Why not.

I've played it off and on since the closed beta and it was fine. I'm kind of ADD when it comes to games so especially with MMOs I would play it a lot for a little while, then leave it for a long time.

My connection is wireless as well and it was fine for me. If you are wireless and have a good signal and your ISP speed is decent you'll be ok.

But yeah. It's free. All's you have to do is download it to check it out. I could probably play some with you if you get started! I think my guy is level 10, been soloing most of the time.

Jessweeee♪
05-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Gah, apparently they're having issues with making characters. I should have made one sooner ;_;

Markus. D
05-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Remember one thing with free MMORPGs, don't commit until you're willing to pay for the Cash Shop upgrades.

I did so with SotNW: GE, had a beautiful experience... in fact, I'm yet to stop (my computer removed it though T_T... stupid system melt).

Rostum
05-28-2009, 12:29 AM
It's free, and it shows. That's all I'm going to say.

Jessweeee♪
05-28-2009, 02:38 AM
I played Runescape, so I can take it :p

Wolf Kanno
05-29-2009, 05:01 AM
I've been meaning to play but I barely have time for the MMO I'm actually paying for. Its not likely to happen soon but hopefully cause I like the idea of a MegaTen MMO.

Zeromus_X
05-29-2009, 05:16 PM
I played a little of it, and it was kind of fun I guess (except when I got stunlocked by a pair of zombies near the beginning of the game). I've never played any other MMOs better so perhaps it being free didn't really show to me.

I heard Decarabia (maybe my favorite SMT demon) is a boss in the game, so perhaps I should at least try to play to him someday.

Jessweeee♪
05-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Played a little today, it's kinda fun n.n