PDA

View Full Version : Star ocean: the last hope

Masamunemaster
05-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I rented this game and I got to the military base...its an ok game but the dialogue sucks bad....I prefer til the end of time

Dreddz
05-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Every time I look at the game I can't think of any more ways they could have made it more generic.

Wolf Kanno
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
My friends keep telling me its good. I hear it brings back a few elements from SO2 in terms of item building and skill building. I look at it as a traditional Tri-Ace title. It will probably have a really good battle system and a few cool gameplay elements but the story and characters will be forgettable and uninspiring unless they do something totally quirky (another Tri-Ace calling card) like Ashton or the wonderful plot twist in SO3.

I would love to try it out but I don't own a 360.

NeoCracker
05-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I actually love this game. :p

The voice acting wasn't really terrible, though I grew up with shows like Speed Racer and DBZ, so I'm not as picky as others. And for the Lymle haters, her voice actor was great for her character. Same with Sarah. So meh. :p

And the story is actually really good. True their are a some oddities from time to time, but its not convulted, its clear, and the characters get, for the most part, some decent develepment. Overall there aren't any major flaws, and a lot of good qualities.

I can understand people not liking it as much as me, but it is far from a bad title, and anyone who disagrees with me is a poopyhead. :mad2:

Masamunemaster
05-28-2009, 04:19 AM
well its a good game....but its like they didnt care about the dialouge....they take 20mins toput two and two together and realixe they are on a past earth....and I grew up with DBZ and speed racer to....I just dont see why 75% of the game has to be cutscenes

and the only thing I dont llike about lymle is the fact that her "kay" at the end of every sentence is the exact same....they could have made it seem like she was asking it as part of a question...but it was the same as when she yells at faize:(

Oh and I decided to take PGR3 to game haven with some ancient xbox controllers and I found til the end of time yay