PDA

View Full Version : Rain, Rain go away. NOW!

Vermachtnis
05-27-2009, 07:28 PM
I hate the rain, I hate being wet. Rain is the worst. Just a while ago it started raining and I took off running and slipped and fell flat on my ass. My friends thought it was hilarious. I disagree. Not only that I'm trying to paint the windows but can't get any progress down cause it won't stop raining for five minutes. The only good thing about rain is the smell before it comes and when it gets cold enough it turns into snow and snow is awesome.

How do y'all feel about rain?

Jessweeee♪
05-27-2009, 07:30 PM
We don't really get enough of it here. It's raining now, though. I should take a nap :spin:

Lyg
05-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I hate the rain, I hate being wet. Rain is the worst. Just a while ago it started raining and I took off running and slipped and fell flat on my ass. My friends thought it was hilarious. I disagree. Not only that I'm trying to paint the windows but can't get any progress down cause it won't stop raining for five minutes. The only good thing about rain is the smell before it comes and when it gets cold enough it turns into snow and snow is awesome.

How do y'all feel about rain?

Wow. I love rain. Its feeling on my skin seems to resonate with my constant disdain with everything around me. I like the coolness as it drips down my forehead, and when it rains I finally stop hearing and feeling everyone else around me for a brief time of peace.

Curiosly, I ALWAYS get sleepy exactly 10 minutes before it rains, and hate how everything feels after it rains. Other than that though I freakin love it. I even used to spar with my friend in the rain before he moved:(. Then we would go in and sneeze for a few minutes while we dried off. Haaaa....good times.

Yar
05-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Rain makes me want to move to the Pacific Northwest. :)

Gullick
05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
The rain is awesome. Always helps me sleep at night

Rantz
05-27-2009, 07:51 PM
I adore rain, really, as long as it's not the "it's also very windy and the rain is blown hard in my face and I have a 10 mile walk home" kind of rain. I think it's mostly a matter of your mindset, though.

Back when I lived with my parents out on the country I took the bike to the store once, and just when I had gotten out of the store and started the ride home it started pouring down. That was one of the worst rains I've ever been out in to date, and I had 6 miles home. The rain slowed me down to turtle speed, and at first I felt sort of miserable about it, but after a mile or so when I was soaking wet to the core and all my clothes had soaked up as much water as they could hold, I realised that I wasn't getting any wetter. There was no point in trying to keep dry anymore, so from then on I just kind of enjoyed the experience.

If it's raining outside, I'll bring an umbrella, but I don't use it unless it gets really bad and I'm not going to be able to change my clothes anytime soon.

NeoTifa
05-27-2009, 07:54 PM
I love thunderstorms. Hate the humidity though.

rubah
05-27-2009, 08:10 PM
I will completely love the rain if I come into possession of a pair of rainboots.

It rained most of the week-end. Kinda sucked. I'm glad I can drive in pouring rain now; it used to really freak me out.

Last summer, I spent the month of June being rained on, and it wasn't too big a deal. The rain would start, people would just keep walking, maybe open an umbrella, just you know, go on living. I guess it's because it never really poured there, just kinda rained.

Marshall Banana
05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
The rain gives me a reason to use my strawberry umbrella, so I like it!

Wolf Kanno
05-27-2009, 08:16 PM
I adore the rain and I love thunderstorms. The rain is just so soothing and relaxing to me. Its been raining for quite a bit here in the last few weeks. Ironically coinciding with me finally starting P4.

Rain is probably my favorite type of weather, with sunny and hot being my least.

demondude
05-27-2009, 11:21 PM
I have to go to some camping trip in the middle of Wales soon, where rain will inevitably fall every damned hour. It's actually gay.

Heath
05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
I like the rain. While I do like being caught in the rain sometimes as there's something slightly refreshing and relaxing about it, I do prefer it if I've got a coat or an umbrella. A friend and I got caught two miles from home in a thunderstorm the other week and had to take refuge in a pub until it cooled off and we walked home. We were soaked through.

Zerokku
05-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Be glad you even get rain. I live in Arizona. We get rain maybe 10-15 days out of the year? And that's a maybe.

Living here you learn to love rain, just because it's a break from the constant heat and dryness. Not to mention that the desert here has a great smell from the creosote bushs every time it rains. Hard to explain, but it's a great smell.

Xaven
05-28-2009, 02:02 AM
I love it when it seems to rain for a week straight in January every year. :] Being wet is fun!

.Vengeance.
05-28-2009, 02:10 AM
What about smell of Florida after it rains?

Evastio
05-28-2009, 03:32 AM
Rain is awesome since it cools everything down and it has this whole refreshing feel to it.

Breine
05-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Rain is awesome since it cools everything down and it has this whole refreshing feel to it.

Yes.

Also, it's very relaxing to listen to, heavy rain and thunderstorms are very atmospheric and cosy. I don't like rain when I'm camping, though, or when I'm miles away from home on my bike or without an umbrella. But then again, there's something about being completely soaked, and then getting inside to dry up and having a nice warm cup of hot chocolate/tea. Mmmm.

And there's nothing like the smell of freshly fallen rain in the summer.

Madame Adequate
05-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I wish it would rain here, the air pressures so high, it's humid, it's really turning what should be a pleasantly hot day into something a lot less enjoyable :(

Lyg
05-28-2009, 01:53 PM
I wish it would rain here, the air pressures so high, it's humid, it's really turning what should be a pleasantly hot day into something a lot less enjoyable :(

I do hate humidity. I feel thy pain!