PDA

View Full Version : Sacred 2, tell me about it :D!

Markus. D
05-28-2009, 12:18 AM
topic ^^

I'm thinking of purchasing it... based on what I've read.

Vyk
05-29-2009, 10:49 PM
PC or ...? I own it for 360 and enjoy it. But I dunno if you're looking into that

Markus. D
05-29-2009, 11:37 PM
PC or ...? I own it for 360 and enjoy it. But I dunno if you're looking into that

Yesyes, I plan on the Console version.

I hear the skill trees are so diverse, some people have tried six or so different build paths on a single class and had them play completely different each time.

That sounds absolutely... BEAUTIFUL.

Vyk
05-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah. I dunno who all gets skills that greatly diversifies the game, but there are a ton of skills to choose from. I think 4 pages (categories) of skills to choose from when you level up. And over the course of the game you choose like ... 8? I haven't paid enough attention yet to figure out what the level interval is for adding new skills but you can add points in them at every level. Combat Arts can get kinda diverse too. But usually you can use them all if you really want. It'd probably be interesting to play through one time using offensive skills/abilities, then defensive, then summons or other passive type stuff. The customizations are definitely deep. Plus its great to play co-op. Even offline. And those are rare

Granted it doesn't have a very profound story or character background, but neither did Diablo or WoW, which it most plays like. Kinda like a Champions of Norrath on crack for the 360. Its mindless loot grinding fun and I tend to like it

Laddy
05-30-2009, 07:10 AM
The voice acting is awesomely bad, but the rest of the game is good.

So you win!