PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny

Rantz
05-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Triple Triad vs. Tetra Master. :oscar:

FFIX Choco Boy
05-28-2009, 08:52 PM
TT, Tetra Master just seems way too random in my case. People don't believe me, but I've had a goblin beat my Shiva in a battle before. At least in TT you can use strategy to win and not just, "I hope I get a higher number AND it goes down really slow!"

Mirage
05-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Triple Triad, cause it's got better music, and actual benefits from winning.

Namelessfengir
05-28-2009, 10:48 PM
thats a great shockwave animation!!!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Triple Triad is more fun to play (as long as you manage not to contract the horrible Random rule), but Tetra Master has calmer, more soothing music, better suited to a mellow mini-game. So I voted for the latter.

Quindiana Jones
05-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Although this whole poll is based on opinion, 4 people so far have been wrong.

Heath
06-08-2009, 10:54 PM
In spite of annoying rules, I do prefer Triple Triad. It's more fun, there's more of a reason to actually take part in the game (card mod is good fun) and the music is even kind of nice after a while. I liked the character, GF and boss cards which really made it seem worth collecting them and getting involved in it. Tetra Master just seemed to be there for large parts of the game and I never really felt a need to get involved in it.

Bolivar
06-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I really enjoyed Tetra Master a whole lot, I rarely play Triple Triad on my FFVIII playthroughs.

Depression Moon
06-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Hmm, It's 5 to 5 right now. Oops, I just voted and gave Tetra Master the edge.

Rantz
06-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Good man! :cool:

Jessweeee♪
06-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Triple Triad for sure!

Ouch!
06-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Easily Triple Triad.

Roogle
06-09-2009, 11:39 PM
I am not a fan of card games in video games; however, that being said, I enjoyed Triple Triad a lot more than Tetra Master. Triple Triad, notably, was more intertwined with gameplay than Tetra Master.

Elly
06-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Tripple Triad, it's not broken to hell and back like Tetra Master... in Triple Triad the numbers on the cards actualy mean something, in Tetra Master they mean nothing due to the whole Random thing it does... if the whole Random element was not always present, Tetra Master might actualy be a fun game...

PuPu
06-10-2009, 04:01 AM
I hated playing Triple Triad.

Especially with Same/Plus and Random.

Laddy
06-10-2009, 04:51 AM
Tetra Master is fun, calming, and has cool benefits. (Rebirth Ring, anyone?)

Jiro
06-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Oh my, I seem to have levelled the scores again. I found Tetra Master to be slightly more enjoyable, probably due to the fact that I don't need to rely on it to get ultimate weapons. Playing so many damn card games to try and get materials really started to grate.

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2009, 07:34 AM
I hated playing Triple Triad.

Especially with Same/Plus and Random.

I love Same/Plus, but OH GOD RANDOM I WANT IT TO DIE D:

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2009, 08:32 AM
I love Triple Triad :love:

blackmage_nuke
06-10-2009, 09:14 AM
I like triple triad, I even like the music, I just hate the random rule but luckily I wasnt too big on it so I just avoided the locations with Random. Also Ive never played FF9

Sefie1999AD
06-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Both card games were about the same for me in terms of fun. I think I prefer Triple Triad by a small margin, though I hated the random rule, IIRC. Triple Triad benefits you through the game, but what benefits did Tetra Master have? I know there's a card tournament at the beginning of Disc 3, but is Tetra Master totally useless after the tournament?

Depression Moon
06-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I like triple triad, I even like the music, I just hate the random rule but luckily I wasnt too big on it so I just avoided the locations with Random. Also Ive never played FF9
Never played FFIX? You aren't a real black mage lover until you're learned the story of the series best black mage.
i liked them both, but I really felt more to collect them all in IX i guess because of the fact that I like IX more. I never played VIII's enough to come across the random rule. IX's card game had you battling against gods, phantoms, and all kinds of strange things. I alos loved the retro cards from previous FFs. I don't think VIII had any. One thing I hate though is that you can carry only 99 cards in total which makes collecting frustrating and highly tedious.

I think we need a revamp of the card game. I doubt XIII will have it though.

blackmage_nuke
06-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Im not a real blackmage fan i just had to think up a username quick so i could start posting on the best forum in the world.

G13
06-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Tetra Master FTW!

Rocket Edge
06-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Triple Triad is easily the better one.

ReloadPsi
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM

I didn't know there were four of you.

I pick Triple Triad for the actual benefit of winning. Wait, I think somebody said that already. The Random rule was never an issue for me, it was when there was a Same/Plus rule with no Open. That's the scariest one, because it's impossible to tell how your enemy's going to use it this time :cry:

Tetra Master cards are utterly worthless and contribute nothing to the main game so I always just discard them with extreme prejudice. Well, except Namingway. I barely get halfway through the game before I regret not calling Vivi "ARSE" again.

Skyblade
06-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Triple Triad is certainly the better game. While both games were completely optional, Triple Triad offered rewards that could benefit gameplay (even though you could obtain them via other methods). This was an incentive to play, but didn't cripple people who didn't play. Tetra Master, as far as I know, was entirely divorced from the rest of the game. Triple Triad also had superior gameplay. The game was a simple number-based strategy game, yet was easy enough for most people to pick up, yet complicated enough to keep people guessing. Tetra Master is not based on strategy, however, but luck. The Randomization of the numbers means that which cards you play cannot be gauged by any useful scale. The most powerful cards can be eliminated by the weakest. You can't even see what the randomized results are, which further cements the lack of strategy. You can only play cards and hope that the RNG lets yours win. That is not a good minigame.

Fynn
06-22-2009, 06:51 PM
I actually found Tetra Master a lot more enjoyable to play. :)

roen
06-30-2009, 01:09 AM
I like Tetra master because it's random. I don't like predictable stuff.

Elly
06-30-2009, 03:44 PM
predictable means you can use strategy/skill and actualy have a chance to win, random means you may win or you may not and no ammount of strategy or skill can help you... so, if you have no skill or strategic thinking skills then random is for you, but if you have faith in your skills (math & reasoning in particular here) as a gamer then something with a more strategic element may be your forte'... i guess those that like TM prolly got their butts handed to them multiple times by TT and would rather play something where no skill is necessary, losing TT means your skill is lacking or you made a bad play, losing TM means it's the computers fault, hmmm pretty convenient**... also on a side note yes TT can have a random rule but it is fairly easily abolished wheras with TM it's ever present in every aspect of the game...

**this is in no way an attack on those that prefer one over the other but speculation based on context (or lack there of)...**

Rantz
06-30-2009, 04:19 PM
I sweep the floor with Triple Triad, but I find Tetra Master more entertaining. ;) I don't see why it can't just be a matter of opinion.

Quindiana Jones
06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Because we're FF fans and our personal opinions are always facts. Duh.

I didn't know there were four of you.

I laughed, but then I scowled. Scowled.

black orb
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
>>> Yugioh..

I liked Tetra Master better..

Wolf Kanno
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
You can't bring up Yu-Gi-Oh! it has card games that can be played on motorcycles! Its the smurfing wave of the future, how can anything beat that? :bounce:

Jiro
07-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Despite the current poll statistics, Tetra Master still takes the cake for me.