PDA

View Full Version : Famous People

Iceglow
05-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Ok so we haven't had this one for a while, what famous people have you met?

Tonight I met Marilyn Manson and Twiggy thanks to my job at HMV's flagship store, I love my job at times like this.

I also recently met flirted with Annie Lennox through the same way, my flirting was accidental because she made a quip and I can't resist flinging something back like that.

I've met plenty of other famous people too some at gigs or randomly (Avid Merrion on oxford street was pretty damn random) but I don't wanna list all of them because it'll take me a fair while to write the post and at 1:22 am it's a little late.

Also on Monday I might (if I can be bothered) get a copy of the final season of Battlestar Galactica signed by Jamie Bamber (Apollo aka Lee Adama) since he will be in doing a signing.

LunarWeaver
05-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Holy :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Can I borrow your life?

I've never met anyone famous. Nobody famous comes around here. Well, Hanson came to my brother's restaurant once. I wish I could cook for lesbians like him.

rubah
05-29-2009, 01:33 AM
I met joco; he's internet famous

Shoeberto
05-29-2009, 01:43 AM
I met joco; he's internet famous
This, plus mc chris. Also internet famous.

o_O
05-29-2009, 02:27 AM
I've had my track shoes signed by Donovan Bailey. I've met Ferry Corsten, Ilogik, Technikal and Benny Benassi at various events too.

Though my pride and joy is my drumsticks signed by Mike Portnoy. :D

Balzac
05-29-2009, 03:14 AM
I've met Jerry Only randomly in Camden Market, then later on after a gig at Camden Palace. He remembered me, which was cool. Marky Ramone and Dez Cadena were also met at that gig.

I met the singer of BMX Bandits, Duglas T Stewart, in the toilet of a Kendal bar and talked about random :bou::bou::bou::bou: while my friend tried to convince him he was infact Axl Rose.

I've met Chris Eubank, lol, at a coffee stand in London, where he proceeded to hit on my then gf. That was amusing because she had no idea who he was.

Bryan Adams and Keith Scott, Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora, Bowling for Soup, fun guys to be around. And that's all I can remember, I'm sure there's more, but probably not noteworthy.

Meat Puppet
05-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Neil Finn, Matt Sherrod, Goldenhorse, Amon Amarth, and... other people that I recognized faces but couldn’t put names to, frequented the joint I used to work at. John Campbell also went there often, although if you’re not from Australia or New Zealand then that probably means nothing to you. Actually, most people I met there probably wouldn’t be familiar to the rest of the world.
There was one more that I can’t quite remember... no, that was probably a dream anyway.

Moon Rabbits
05-29-2009, 05:24 AM
blah blah blah Marilyn Manson and Twiggy ...... Annie Lennox yadda yadda

NOT FAIR.

kikimm
05-29-2009, 06:21 AM
I met D-list celebrity Kathy Griffin when she came into my work. ;P I also took her order. Double single with onions and a large drink.

Oh yes.

Yar
05-29-2009, 07:04 AM
I met D-list celebrity Kathy Griffin when she came into my work. ;P I also took her order. Double single with onions and a large drink.

Oh yes.xD Did she make jokes with you or kinda keep to herself?

Personally, I haven't met too many famous people. :/ A bunch of hockey players, though. :p

qwertysaur
05-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Hayden Panetierre (We grew up in the same school district, so a lot of peopel around here know her)
Al Pachino (His daughter graduated high school with me)
Tito Puente (I was like 5 when I met him though)
Neil Berg (Not that famous, but getting there. He is best friends with my uncle)
Rosie O'Donnell (I bumped into her in a pizza shop in Nyack. She may be a bitch, but she was friendly and then I walked away)

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-29-2009, 08:05 AM
I met Summer Glau a few years ago...so much hotter in real life!

Boney King
05-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Ruggero Deodato (signed my copy of Cannibal Holocaust and took a photo with him at last year's FanExpo)

I tried to think of more, but then came to the conclusion that I haven't met anyone. Saw the members of Protest the Hero at the airport once, but I was in a rush so I couldn't say hi to them.

demondude
05-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I have been very, very close to Helena Bonham-Carter.

Quindiana Jones
05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Andrew Motion.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

qwertysaur
05-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Oh yeah add Bill Nye to that list above as well. :p

Breine
05-30-2009, 08:25 AM
I've mostly met and seen Danish celebrities. Other than having been to countless concerts (therefore having seen the performing act, which so doesn't count, I know! :P) I saw David Blaine and Geoffrey Rush when I was in New York.

kikimm
05-30-2009, 08:51 AM

Oh yes.xD Did she make jokes with you or kinda keep to herself?

Personally, I haven't met too many famous people. :/ A bunch of hockey players, though. :p

Haha, no actually. I didn't even say anything to her about it, I didn't want to bug her. She was actually very nice though. My plan to just be cool and play it casual was ruined, though, when like, half of my coworkers that day came up next to me and started gaping at her and declaring their love for her, and having her sign their hats. :P

ljkkjlcm9
05-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Bill Clinton (with my cousin at the airport in NY, my cousin works for the FAA)
Condoleeza Rice (brothers gf's dad worked for the CIA)
James Carvel (spoke at my school)
Rob Lowe (at Johnny Rockets in DC, this past march)

those are the most recent I can think of. I know there have been a few more here and there,
and countless US soccer players, in fact someone who played on my brothers team in highschool is now on the national team

THE JACKAL

McLovin'
05-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Tom Hanks
Colin Hanks
Alec Baldwin
Meg Ryan
Goldie Hawn
Donald Sutherland
A guy who is on Disney Channel (Hutch Dano)
Can't remember anymore.

scrumpleberry
06-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Met Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen outside the stage door :bigsmile: Doesn't really count though I guess. Performance was amazing and I got them to sign things.

blim
06-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Ive met Geoff Capes a couple of times through doing gigs and also Tony Benn and Philip Schofield. Also briefly spoke to Discharge's bassist tho his name escapes me at present. Also Tony Blair came round my house once when i was about 4.

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Rosie O'Donnell (I bumped into her in a pizza shop in Nyack. She may be a bitch, but she was friendly and then I walked away)

Do you live around Nyack? When you meet Travis Stever, plz call me.

Quindiana Jones
06-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Met Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen outside the stage door :bigsmile: Doesn't really count though I guess. Performance was amazing and I got them to sign things.

Oh yeah, I'll bet you did. :jokey:

Kirobaito
06-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Just about all the famous people I've met have been baseball people - Tommy Lasorda, Bobby Valentine, and most of the current Texas Rangers baseball club.

I've met famous folksingers that nobody here has ever heard of, as well.

Breine
06-04-2009, 04:10 PM

I wanna meet Ian McKellen too!