PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Game's Element System...

Evastio
05-29-2009, 03:07 AM
There's been some things about this game I never understood when it came to its element system.

Does Meteor have an element? I mean, enemies like Zeromus and the Elemental Lords heal HP when they get hit by meteor. I remember using Meteor first thing when I was facing the four lords in the Giant of Bab-il, and was really suprised when I found out it healed them.

Rubicant is supposed to absorb ice attacks when his cape covers him right? Then how come attacking with ice weapons like Ice Brand and the Blizzard Spear still do heavy damage to him when he's covered by his cape?

According to the bestiary, Dark Elf isn't weak against metal itself, but Holy, which would explain why Cecil's Legend Sword is really strong against him. However, the Dark Dragon which Dark Elf transforms into is weak against Light and absorbs light. How does that work?

Lawr
05-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Not to mention Scarmiglione, who gets healed by Blizzard. And even more, Cagnazzo is weak to Blizzard, but when he has his tidal wall up he becomes weak to Thunder.

This game has a really fangled up elemental system, but whatever. It's still my favorite!

Zeromus_X
05-30-2009, 04:45 AM
Meteor is Holy elemental, at least in the old versions (not sure about DS version). I don't remember the Four Emperors absorbing it; for some reason Barbariccia being weak to Holy is the first thing that comes to mind.

Rubicant is supposed to absorb ice attacks when his cape covers him right? Then how come attacking with ice weapons like Ice Brand and the Blizzard Spear still do heavy damage to him when he's covered by his cape?

Perhaps elemental spells are only absorbed, but not elemental weapons? I would have to agree this game has a pretty funky elemental system going on.

Evastio
06-04-2009, 12:08 AM
The elemental weapons not being absorbed part makes sense.

As for what you said about Meteor being Holy Elemental, I'm not so sure. I remember casting Meteor on the four fiends combined when they were in Scarmiglione form, so if Meteor is holy elemental, he shouldn't have absorbed it because undead are weak against holy.

Then again, in the bestiary entries the only six "elements" that enemies can absorb or be weak to is ice, lightning, fire, holy, darkness, and air attacks (like arrows). Meteor would probably fit the best under holy between those six.