PDA

View Full Version : Hygiene related question for you all!

Jessweeee♪
05-30-2009, 06:51 AM
'Kay, here's the situation. A couple of friends came over today and decided to stay over. This wasn't decided until after they got here, so they didn't bring a change of clothes. It's too late to call parents and ask them to bring something. They're all like, WELL WHAT DO WE DO NOBODY IN YOUR HOUSE HAS ANY CLOTHES OUR SIZE TO BORROW. So they decided that they'd take turns locking the door to the laundry room and sitting in there half naked for an hour while their clothes wash. I keep telling them they just need to chill the fuck out because wearing their clothes for a few more hours just this once until they get home isn't a big deal and they are crazy for thinking it is. They're all like EW I BET YOU DON'T EVEN SHOWER ONCE A MONTH YOU'RE GROSS EW.

Question:

Are they being weenies or am I just a filthy slob?

Alternate topic:

Does it annoy you when people are like EW I BET YOU DON'T EVEN SHOWER ONCE A MONTH YOU'RE GROSS EW. whenever you're not totally obsessive about hygiene?

Marshall Banana
05-30-2009, 06:53 AM
There's nothing wrong with wearing clothes twice, unless they're actually dirty or smelly.

Tavrobel
05-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Question: Are they being weenies or am I just a filthy slob?

Alternate topic: Does it annoy you when people are like EW I BET YOU DON'T EVEN SHOWER ONCE A MONTH YOU'RE GROSS EW. whenever you're not totally obsessive about hygiene?

No, you're being pretty unhygienic, in my opinion. If their clothes are dirty, which they most likely are, I don't see a problem with them waiting in your laundry room if they need to be cleaned. You don't know how long they are going to be there at your house; if you're letting them shower, you might as well let them wash their clothes, too. Unless you're paying the water bill, there's no need to be stingy about it. Plus, it'll be an interesting story to tell.

No, because I'm borderline OCD about my hygiene.

Yar
05-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Most of the time when I go to my friend's I don't bring a change of clothes, but I just live up town and have my own car so...... yeah.

Unless your clothes are dirty, I see no problem. Especially since it's only a few more hours.

Jessweeee♪
05-30-2009, 07:06 AM
Most of the time when I go to my friend's I don't bring a change of clothes, but I just live up town and have my own car so...... yeah.

Unless your clothes are dirty, I see no problem. Especially since it's only a few more hours.

Is that a "you're right, but I don't wanna agree completely 'cause people will think I'm gross" :</>D?

Yar
05-30-2009, 07:12 AM

Is that a "you're right, but I don't wanna agree completely 'cause people will think I'm gross" :D?Well I mean if your clothes smell like BO and wet dog, it might be a good idea to worry but if you've just slept in them I'd think they'd be okay unless you pee the bed. :(

rubah
05-30-2009, 07:15 AM
they are huge weinies.
french people wear their clothes for a week.

Breine
05-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Your friends are weenies! They seriously need to chill out.

Personally, I overall wear t-shirts for two days (not in a row, though) and pants for over a week. When I was away traveling I would wear t-shirts three days in a row, shorts for weeks, and underwear and socks for three days as well. I just didn't feel like washing, the small amound of clothes I had with me in my backpack, all the time.
These days I sometimes wear underwear two days in a row even. People seriously need to stop being such weenies.

kikimm
05-30-2009, 09:05 AM
If I was your friend, and I was staying the night without clothes, I wouldn't be as much of a weenie to spend half an hour naked and wash my clothes at your hosue, BUT I would feel really disgusting wearing the same icky clothes I've been wearing all day. D:

Gullick
05-30-2009, 09:17 AM
I don't see a problem at all. Like a lot of the posts have said, if they're dirty or smelly then fair enough, but otherwise, wearing clothes two days in a row wouldn't bother me.

Blue Harvest
05-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Your friends are weenies. I've lost count of the amount of times I've unexpectedly stayed over at a friends and worn the same clothes until I got home the next day.

Aerith's Knight
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
There's nothing wrong with wearing clothes twice, unless they're actually dirty or smelly.

This

I can wear the same pants for a week, as long as it doesn't become dirty or smelly. Plus, who cares about those few hours. What if you didn't go to sleep at all and just worked through the night, then returned home that morning. Would you have to change clothes during work?

Psychotic
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
I never wash my clothes. The dirt and sweat provide a protective layer that has saved my life on many occasions.

Heath
06-02-2009, 07:33 PM

Innit.

scrumpleberry
06-02-2009, 07:51 PM
If I was your friend, and I was staying the night without clothes, I wouldn't be as much of a weenie to spend half an hour naked and wash my clothes at your hosue, BUT I would feel really disgusting wearing the same icky clothes I've been wearing all day. D:

This basically. But for me, more than anything, it's just rude to be all like "OMG GROSS MUST CHANGE CLOTHES" instead of "Hey Jesweeee~ isn't it fun having an impromptu sleepover at your house lol I'm glad we did this" Also, if they're all ~too skinny for your clothes~ or whatever then they're bitches as well, they should have borrowed your clothes anyway. It's a sleepover not a fashion show, chillaxing in bigger clothes is totally fine. If they were ~too fat for your clothes~ fair enough lol.

Jessweeee♪
06-02-2009, 07:58 PM
One is too wide and one is too tall and also a guy xD

~*~Celes~*~
06-02-2009, 08:01 PM
I only have an issue with clothes if it's like my friend Michelle's house where both of her parents smoke inside the house. I HATE the smell of cigarette smoke, so I always make sure to bring extra clothes when I go to her place.

I also take a shower right when I get home from her place.

Momiji
06-02-2009, 08:39 PM
*shrug* I have fallen asleep wearing the clothes I wore that day, and woke up the next day and never changed before. I mean, I don't do stuff like that if someone's coming over or if I myself am going somewhere, but when it's just me, I don't care all that much. I mean, it's almost 4pm and I'm still wearing my pajamas right now. :p

Roogle
06-02-2009, 11:49 PM
I feel like the friends described in the opening post were overreacting. It must be nice to have such clean friends! I have hosted people who have simply arrived in what they were wearing and wore those clothes for over twenty-four hours. Of course, I cannot fault them for that, who carries a spare change of clothes with them like that?

Rye
06-03-2009, 12:10 AM
I've worn the same clothes twice. I don't think I've ever done it more than that, though, except through extenuating circumstance. I really enjoy doing laundry. I mean, really enjoy it.

~*~Celes~*~
06-03-2009, 12:50 AM
*shrug* I have fallen asleep wearing the clothes I wore that day, and woke up the next day and never changed before. I mean, I don't do stuff like that if someone's coming over or if I myself and going somewhere, but when it's just me, I don't care all that much. I mean, it's almost 4pm and I'm still wearing my pajamas right now. :p

this is me sometimes too :p

Aydin
06-03-2009, 04:17 AM
1. Shannon has a vaginal related problem when she sleeps so without a change of clothes, she'll stink up your room in a second!

2. Your room is fucking hot! We sweat!!

3. You're probably just used to wearing clothes 3-4 days in a row! (Lower Middle class lawl)

Jessweeee♪
06-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Yeah well you can go die in a fire you spoiled brat :kaoangry:

Xaven
06-03-2009, 05:26 AM
:<

I wore my one good pair of skinny jeans every other day for the past week. :/ 4 times, and I just washed them now. :D Pants are fine to wear twice usually! But when sleeping over like that, it usually is fine to wear a shirt twice. :O

^The again, vaginal problems do change things. >.<

Momiji
06-03-2009, 05:59 AM
1. Shannon has a vaginal related problem when she sleeps so without a change of clothes, she'll stink up your room in a second!

2. Your room is fucking hot! We sweat!!

3. You're probably just used to wearing clothes 3-4 days in a row! (Lower Middle class lawl)

Yeah well you can go die in a fire you spoiled brat :kaoangry:

Some days I wonder why I come back to this Cid-forsaken hellhole, and discussions like these remind me why.

Mirage
06-03-2009, 08:07 AM
The only clothes i change on a daily basis is my underwear. I can wear the same jeans for weeks if they don't start looking bad or smelling strange.

Breine
06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
I've worn the same clothes twice. I don't think I've ever done it more than that, though, except through extenuating circumstance. I really enjoy doing laundry. I mean, really enjoy it.

You're welcome to come and do mine. Plus, trip to Denmark. Whatya say? :bigsmile:

Vyk
06-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Dude.. Sometimes (a lot [blame laziness]) I take a shower and then put my clothes back on. The only thing unhygienic about that in my opinion would possibly be underwear. Which I still think is probably good for at least 2 days. But if that's an issue sometimes I just go commando for a while. Either way. Unless some sweaty activity was done prior, or possibly mud wrestling or something. I don't think clothes are really all that gross after just one day

Jiro
06-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I always change underwear, but clothes aren't that important. I mean, I change clothes pretty much every time I have a shower, but if I was caught at someone's place without a change, then I wouldn't change.

Of course, if my clothes were disgusting then I would just borrow some, screw washing them. Don't care if they don't fit.

I spent 3 and a half days in the same clothes will on a school camp. We hiked almost all day, and there were no showers. I did not change anything. I even wore my hat to bed. You kind of give up caring about hygiene after that experience :bigsmile:

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Your friends are not rock and roll. In rock and roll, we wear the same outfit as long as it looks good on us.

scrumpleberry
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Just think you should know that all of you who make a habit of wearing the same underwear for days on end are absolutely disgusting >Z

Jess
06-03-2009, 04:32 PM
I wouldn't say anything, but I'd feel pretty gross. but that's just me, I have to shower when I get up and get a fresh change of clothes otherwise I feel dirty even if I'm not. xD

I have stayed over at somebodies and then had to wear the same clothes until I got home in the morning, but I don't sleep in my clothes (i just cant!), I'll borrow an oversized t-shirt or something to sleep in. :jess:

rubah
06-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I feel inclined to agree with scrumps about the undies, but maybe it's different for boys.

Rye
06-03-2009, 05:31 PM

You're welcome to come and do mine. Plus, trip to Denmark. Whatya say? :bigsmile:

I'm planning on going to Denmark sometime within the next year when I'm in Europe. If you let me sleep on your couch, I'll do your laundry! Whatya say? :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
06-03-2009, 05:34 PM
I wear clothes for as long as they are visibly and nasally clean. Sometimes that's a few hours, sometimes that's several days.

Excessive hygiene is dangerous because it weakens your immune system, btw.

Rye
06-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I guess I'll have to wash your clothes too, tbqf. :colbert:

Madame Adequate
06-03-2009, 05:38 PM
I don't really see how "I wash my clothes when they are actually dirty" translates to "I do not wash" but I am 100% in support of anything that reduces the amount of time I have to waste doing chores. :jess:

Old Manus
06-03-2009, 06:14 PM
You're only wearing the clothes for a few extra hours anyway. It doesn't make any difference.

Rantz
06-03-2009, 06:16 PM
I wear clothes for as long as they are visibly and nasally clean. Sometimes that's a few hours, sometimes that's several days.

Ayupyup. Common sense is how we roll.

Peegee
06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I find it a horrible waste of hydro and disgusting

NeoTifa
06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I wear pants 2 -3 times before washing. I'm lazy/poor/cheap

rubah
06-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Not only will it save you money in clothes washing *and* allow you to get by with fewer articles of clothing, but it also saves your clothes from wearing out as fast.

Think of washing your clothes, then think about emptying the lint from the dryer.

Just think about that.

06-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Stopping over at someones house it wouldn't matter to me if i didn't have a change of clothes.
That can always be sorted out after ive gotton home the next day.

Breine
06-03-2009, 10:22 PM

I'm planning on going to Denmark sometime within the next year when I'm in Europe. If you let me sleep on your couch, I'll do your laundry! Whatya say? :bigsmile:

Well, my gosh! It sounds like we have ourselves a deal! :bigsmile:

Athena Shadowraven
06-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Your friends are weenies. I've lost count of the amount of times I've unexpectedly stayed over at a friends and worn the same clothes until I got home the next day.

That, my friend, is all you need to know. They're just weenies. >:{