PDA

View Full Version : I just got myself a Wii...

Breine
06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
...and I need some help!

I'm basically trying to connect my wii to the internet. I'm able to find my wireless internet (access point), and I've typed in the right code and everything. The problem is that when it does the connection test, it can't for some unknown reason connect to the internet. I'm confused, disappointed and sad because all I wanna do is connect to the interwebz and download all of my old nintendo favourites! :(

Also, to keep this from being completely about me I'll make a little side topic: Have you ever had any problems with any of your consoles that you just couldn't solve?

Cyric
06-03-2009, 02:19 AM
I apologize for getting your hopes up about a solution, cause I really don't know. But, I'm reminding you to get PunchOut for it. One of the most classic boxing games of ALL time, "Mike Tyson's Punch Out" for the NES. :greenie:

Momiji
06-03-2009, 02:23 AM
...and I need some help!

I'm basically trying to connect my wii to the internet. I'm able to find my wireless internet (access point), and I've typed in the right code and everything. The problem is that when it does the connection test, it can't for some unknown reason connect to the internet. I'm confused, disappointed and sad because all I wanna do is connect to the interwebz and download all of my old nintendo favourites! :(

Hmm. I sometimes have the same issue. In some cases, if you have anything that may interfere with your signal (for example, my Wii is in my bedroom when the router is about 75 feet away. If my laptop is on and connected wirelessly to the internet, it seems to interfere with the Wii's signal. I only say this because it worked when I closed my laptop's connection.

If that isn't the case, I don't know what else it may be. :p

I apologize for getting your hopes up about a solution, cause I really don't know. But, I'm reminding you to get PunchOut for it. One of the most classic boxing games of ALL time, "Mike Tyson's Punch Out" for the NES. :greenie:

Don't forget the Wii remake!

Evastio
06-03-2009, 03:02 AM
It may not be totally related to your problem, but my DS has a really lousy time connecting to the internet most of the time. Why, it doesn't even connect when I stick the DS right on top of the router.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-03-2009, 06:32 AM
I know when I first got my Wii, I had to do a frimware update on my router before it worked properly. Also, distance from router and number of other wireless connections to the router tend to interfere.

lol, one time at my parents' their wireless was set on the same channel as their cordless phone so every time you were on the phone it'd make the internet signal drop. :D