PDA

View Full Version : Panera Bread vs Quiznos

Rye
06-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Two impossibly delicious places. Both expensive, both mouth watering. But which is better? EoFF decides.

Madame Adequate
06-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Subway.

Vyk
06-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Torpedos are pretty good. I just had one for lunch. I don't feel like a pig when I eat one, like I do when I eat a foot long sub. And I save a dollar lol

Del Murder
06-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Quiznos isn't expensive, and I haven't heard of the other place.

rubah
never been to panera, but I do love me a honey mustard chicken sub

Rye
Paying almost 7 dollars for a small sandwich is expensive to me... :(

Del Murder
06-03-2009, 12:40 AM
I thought the large one was 7 dollars.

Rye
06-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Well, with tax, it's around 7 dollars for a small Chicken Carbonara for me. When I have money, it's not a big deal, but when I was poor and in college, it was like investing a fortune in the stock market, very tentative.

Del Murder
06-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Are you in New York City or something? That's the only place I can think of that would have more expensive sandwiches than San Francisco. $7 for a small is outrageous.

Rye
06-03-2009, 01:06 AM
No, that was in Rhode Island, of all places! Though I think it comes to about that much here too, on the island. I might be exaggerating slightly, maybe it was $6.50, but it certainly was more than $5 for a small. :[

rubah
06-03-2009, 01:12 AM
regular honey mustard chicken is $6.66 here

Momiji
06-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Do you even have to ask? Panera Bread!

I Took the Red Pill
06-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Two ferociously mediocre, overpriced chain restaurants. The choice is tough. I'll go with the classic rebel-against-the-conventions-of-the-thread "neither".

SelkieMidori
06-03-2009, 01:44 AM
I only go to Panera Bread for their broccoli-cheddar soup bread bowl (and sometimes chocolate cake). For sandwiches, I prefer going to Jimmy John's and getting a Slim 6 (provolone cheese only, yum). ^_^

Jessweeee♪
06-03-2009, 02:28 AM
WTF is Panera Bread?

Flying Mullet
06-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Panera hands down.

Yar
06-03-2009, 04:19 AM
wtf They really aren't that similar. :/

I'd go with Panera. They have bagels and danishes and oh my.

Araciel
06-03-2009, 04:37 AM
Having only had the mighty Q and loving the chicken carb with extra everything (costs around 15.00 in a meal deal with the footlong) yeah I choose it.

Xaven
06-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Quiznos is so unsatisfactory. Subway > Quiznos x infinity

Panera is delish though. I've never had sandwiches there... just other carb-filled goodness like bagels and muffins and pastries and such. Then again, I haven't been there since February. :O My dad brings in bagels to his office every Friday from Panera, so when there's any left, they come home! :D

Shlup
06-03-2009, 06:38 AM
I don't like Panera Bread, but I hate Quiznos.

WTF is with Panera Bread? "What would you like for a side, a bag of woodchips or a fucking apple?"

Rase
06-03-2009, 06:55 AM
When it comes to sandwiches nothing beats a hearty footlong at Subway. With seven great subs on the $5 Footlong menu, plus a local favorite, you can always get full on a budget. Subway, Eat Fresh!

Guess who my employer is.

Momiji
06-03-2009, 07:05 AM

WTF is with Panera Bread? "What would you like for a side, a bag of woodchips or a smurfing apple?"

What about a baguette as a side? I usually get that and dip it in my soup. It's great.

By the way, I think Subway is a lot better than Quiznos, and less expensive. Only there can I get a spicy Italian sub on Honey Oat bread with lettuce, tomato, spinach, chipotle southwest sauce and parmesan cheese. It's wonderful!

Shlup
06-03-2009, 07:12 AM
A baguette is meh too. If I have to eat there I'll get French onion soup, which seems nearly impossible to mess up no matter where you order it.

I get my sammiches at Togos. Roast beef and avacado.

Shiny
06-03-2009, 07:13 AM
French toast, Captain Crunch, Dutch Apple Raisin and Chocolate Chip are God!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2380/2538091417_458e62e443.jpg

Mango Smoothie! YUM YUM!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3394031130_fa09538379.jpg?v=0

They also have delicious soups like baked potato, french onion and broccoli cheddar which you can all get inside of sourdough bowl. :drool:

Breine
06-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't know any of those. But Subway I like.

Rye
06-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Panera's paninis... it's like god came down and tickled a sammich until it became perfect. Oh my god, they're the very best.

rubah
06-03-2009, 03:11 PM
After last summer, I think I could go my entire life without eating another panini.

Denmark
06-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Make your own sandwiches you rich lazy bastards.

Here's how!
You need:
bread or sub roll
stuff inside sandwich (meat, cheese, veggies, sauce, what have you)
toaster oven (optional)

open up bread/sub roll such that you can put things inside it. put things inside it. toast if desired. close sandwich. eat.

rubah
06-03-2009, 05:25 PM
*has been eating a sandwich for lunch the last two weeks* :(

Denmark
06-03-2009, 05:28 PM
*hasn't had a sandwich in a while because he's lazy*:rolleyes2

Rye
06-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I just had a frontega chicken panini, oh my godddd~~~~ :kaoclove:

Rase
06-03-2009, 06:55 PM

Here's how!
You need:
bread or sub roll
toaster oven (optional)

open up bread/sub roll such that you can put things inside it. put things inside it. toast if desired. close sandwich. eat.
But that's what I get paid to do for people. Don't put me out of a job! :(

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2009, 07:29 PM

WTF is with Panera Bread? "What would you like for a side, a bag of woodchips or a smurfing apple?"

I like that they give me apples.

Also, you're a jerk, Rye! I can't pick one. :(

Aerith's Knight
06-03-2009, 08:10 PM

Here's how!
You need:
bread or sub roll
toaster oven (optional)

Exactly. Plus the fact that for the same money you can have 3-10 sandwiches of the same kind. Somehow, Americans (and the british as well) think it's a mortal sin for a homemade sandwich to taste good.

Take bread for example. In an entire supermarket, a large Price Chopper, there was from the dozens of brands only 1 kind of bread that didn't taste like unfabricated rubber.

Depression Moon
06-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I've never actually had anything from Panera because i can tell from the outside and looking through the windows with those people with the laptops, that's its expensive. I've only eaten from Quiznos one time and I don't remember how it tasted it was years ago. Is this new Torpedo about as long as a footlong marinara sub from Subway?

Madame Adequate
06-03-2009, 08:24 PM

Here's how!
You need:
bread or sub roll
toaster oven (optional)

Exactly. Plus the fact that for the same money you can have 3-10 sandwiches of the same kind. Somehow, Americans (and the british as well) think it's a mortal sin for a homemade sandwich to taste good.

Er... what? :confused: I make absolutely delicious sandwiches every day. That doesn't mean that sometimes when I'm out/feeling lazy/etc. I don't want something delicious that I don't have to put any effort into.

Jesus. It's goddamn sandwiches. It's not exactly life-or-death, stop whining and answer the question.

Aerith's Knight
06-03-2009, 08:38 PM
It's not exactly life-or-death, stop whining and answer the question.

Did we say so? I'm just saying the question in itself is flawed, seeing as you all have the misguided preception that those are the two only options in getting a decent sandwich. But I suppose we'll chalk it up to American culture.

Panero sandwich+soup combo beats quiznos.

rubah
06-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Umm, it wasn't implied that they were the only places to get good sandwiches :p You seem to be overlaying the discussion between two restaurants with your own misperceptions on other culture s:p

Rye
06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
What it comes down to is that I'm just not imaginative enough to think of a good sandwich. I would never think to put cheese, bacon, chicken, alfredo sauce, and mushrooms together, or to put cheese, mayo, chicken, onions, peppers, and various other things together. My sandwiches are tiny things, with three slices of salami, a slice of cheese, and a pickle on toasted wheat. :[

Rebellious Eagle
06-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Even though I hate sandwiches, I say Panera Bread, because we have one right by my school.

Denmark
06-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm loling because everyone was fine when Subway (which is not listed as an option) was said, yet when I said something to the effect of "I prefer making my own sandwiches" (which is not listed as an option) there was a proverbial :bou::bou::bou::bou:storm. Oh internets.

Rye
06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm loling because everyone was fine when Subway (which is not listed as an option) was said, yet when I said something to the effect of "I prefer making my own sandwiches" (which is not listed as an option) there was a proverbial :bou::bou::bou::bou:storm. Oh internets.

Upstate leafpeeping massholes are just no good. No good, indeed. :colbert:

Xaven
06-04-2009, 05:04 AM
Eeek, sandwich preparation! Sounds like slaves' work to me. :<

Just run into a shop where everything's nice and ready to for you! So much faster and easierrrrr. I'd neeever buy a head of lettuce, a tomato, an onion, olives, banana peppers, a bell pepper, and a cucumber just to make a sandwich*! Nor would I freshly bake mah breadz And then cut all those things up, make a sandwich, and then put it all away only to be too lazified by the experience to ever do it again before all the stored ingredients become undelicious.

*I would probably have mustard, vinegar, and pepper ready though. :]

Jowy
06-09-2009, 03:48 AM
Once I ordered a sandwich from the pizza shop that had half buffalo wing sauce, half marinara, italian sausage, mushrooms, and banana peppers. It cost me $4 and was the best thing I've ever put in my mouth.

Laddy
06-09-2009, 04:21 AM
We have no Panera Breads in the area. So Quiznos.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
06-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Quiznos just because I've never had Panera Bread. :P

Sephex
06-09-2009, 05:59 PM
You know, for the longest time I thought Panera Bread was called Pantera Bread. I went in there to buy some Pantera themed bread, but when I found out the horrible truth I just couldn't take it. I summoned Dimebag's ghost and we totally transhed the place and rode off on our scooters into the sunset. Probably the best day of my life.

Bunny
06-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I prefer to make my own delicious sandwiches.

Jojee
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Panera, although I've never eaten there. :3 But hey, I've never eaten at Quiznos either. So I did an Atlanta Bread (which is just like Panera) vs Subway comparison instead. ^_^ It was close.

fire_of_avalon
06-10-2009, 02:42 PM
You know, for the longest time I thought Panera Bread was called Pantera Bread. I went in there to buy some Pantera themed bread, but when I found out the horrible truth I just couldn't take it. I summoned Dimebag's ghost and we totally transhed the place and rode off on our scooters into the sunset. Probably the best day of my life.

Best day of your life? Hell, that's the best day of my life and I just heard about it.

Namelessfengir
06-10-2009, 04:14 PM
i aint been to either in years so..... hogie hut

qwertysaur
06-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Panera bread makes the second best bagels in the area where I live, but I'm spoiled by a Bakery that allows you to go into the back and pick them as they come out of the oven. :choc:

eestlinc
06-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Quizno's is too expensive for what they offer. Panera is too vanilla. I avoid both.

Rye
06-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I didn't expect this to get so heated up. :bigsmile:

qwertysaur
06-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Sandwiches are that important. :p

Rye
06-10-2009, 10:18 PM
They are indeed! I want to do a coffee one next, but I don't know that many coffee places that are national/international. The only real competition in my eyes is Starbucks vs. Honey Dew, but HD is only in New England. Maybe Tim Hortons?

Sephex
06-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Best day of your life? Hell, that's the best day of my life and I just heard about it.

I glad that you enjoyed the tale of my quest for Pantera bread. I am still currently looking, and Dimebag told me we could chill and crack open a couple of cold ones if I ever found the mystical region of which it lies.