View Full Version : Sims 3 out in NA!

Laddy
06-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Anyone played it yet? =o

Shlup
06-03-2009, 06:36 AM
I got the leak a few days ago.

I honestly thought I'd hate it, but... it's really fun. :o

My Sims LJ has lots of pics: Plum Sims (http://plumsims.livejournal.com)

Laddy
06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
So awesome, cute, and funny! =D

You do know the leaked version has 1/2 the content of the full game, right?

Jessweeee♪
06-03-2009, 08:05 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rye
06-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Did the leaked version really only have half the content? I wonder if that might be why I actually really preferred Sims 2.

Yar
06-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I shouldn't buy this right now. -.- But, the pressure! D:

Jessweeee♪
06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Look at it this way: The longer you wait, the more bugs will be fixed :D

Imagine being stuck with that bug that let neighbors kidnap your baby in The Sims 2. I'm glad I didn't get to play until after that was fixed D:

Shlup
06-05-2009, 06:45 AM
You do know the leaked version has 1/2 the content of the full game, right?

That's why God invented backups and re-installs.

Loony BoB
06-05-2009, 01:38 PM

Imagine being stuck with that bug that let neighbors kidnap your baby in The Sims 2. I'm glad I didn't get to play until after that was fixed D:
That's what free updates are for.

Madame Adequate
06-05-2009, 01:58 PM

I'm failing to see how this bug is anything except a recipe for awesome hilarity, actually.

Jessweeee♪
06-05-2009, 04:02 PM

I'm failing to see how this bug is anything except a recipe for awesome hilarity, actually.

What I mean is, you're stuck with the bugs until they fix them xD

Laddy
06-06-2009, 06:43 AM
I got it! It's good, gotta tweak the graphics for a bit, but it's coolio.

Depression Moon
06-06-2009, 09:48 PM
I was wondering about this game since I know that the Sims is the best selling PC franchise of all time, but i don't think my PC can handle the game. It was new back in 2005, so I don't think it can play it.

Shlup
06-07-2009, 12:36 AM
While The Sims 3 runs far smoother than The Sims 2, it still has high system requirements. A computer new in 2005? Take it out back and shoot it.

Psychotic
06-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Can You RUN It? (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest) this is how you find out if you can run it. I got my PC in 2004 and it was :bou::bou::bou::bou: even then, and no, it can't run it.

Laddy
06-08-2009, 03:25 AM
I made a gay Glmabert clone. I am now a proud adoptive parent of Ella de la Silva, and I will dump my boyfriend, hopefully getting a good amount of money to raise Ella.

'Good' trait my ass. =D

Jessweeee♪
06-08-2009, 04:20 AM
I made a gay Glmabert clone. I am now a proud adoptive parent of Ella de la Silva, and I will dump my boyfriend, hopefully getting a good amount of money to raise Ella.

'Good' trait my ass. =D

Nonono, you gotta marry him so you get his money then kill him! That's how you do it in TS1 anyway.

Shlup
06-08-2009, 04:54 AM
I posted like 200 Sims 3 pics on my Sims-LJ and ran out of bandwidth in a week! Well that sucks.

Jessweeee♪
06-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Your LJ is very ugly right now :(

Shlup
06-08-2009, 06:34 AM
ARGH! It hurts my face.

Yeargdribble
06-08-2009, 06:54 AM
I haxed it and am kinda glad I did. I was very excited and planning to buy it... but honestly, I was almost immediately underwhelmed by it. There are features even from vanilla TS2 that aren't available and doing certain things (like split-level homes) isn't an option even manipulating cheats for things like turning of terrain constraints.

I'm also unhappy with what EA is trying to do with their silly store. It seems they are really trying to rip people off honestly.

Perhaps I'll buy a legal copy around the time they release an expansion pack if they actually fill in some features.

All of that said, there are some very positive things to be said for it. The seamlessness of the neighborhood is pretty cool. I like the achievement style stuff for different skills and enjoy the silly little things like bug collecting.

Shlup
06-08-2009, 08:30 AM
They went backwards from TS2 in a lot of ways, but overall I like it a lot.

Their little store is an epic rip-off, but I happen to have all the items available in it anyway. :p

Yeargdribble
06-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I thought I wouldn't like the look of the sims after some of the screenshots, but I actually love how they look in general. Only complaint I have in that department is that it's hard to make a sim not have a really big head. They all have fat heads like that was the only way to allow for scaling of weight. But I really do like the insane amount of customization and looks of them.