PDA

View Full Version : FFXIII Trailer in English!

Laddy
06-03-2009, 02:33 AM
This vid is from the NA official site. (http://na.square-enix.com/ff13/)

Thoughts? I think the characters sound rather lovely in English.

Wolf Kanno
06-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Vanilla's voice is a bit grating, so is this new annoying kid who popped up in the trailer. Sahz's voice was the most surprising, I was worried we would get some sterotype VA for him cause he seems like he's comic relief from everything I've seen but this trailer makes him look half respectable.

Outside of the kid characters, all the others were surprisingly good. SE has been a pretty good job in terms of VA work for the FF series with the exception of VII's VA...

Shlup
06-03-2009, 06:52 AM
I... I got bored. :/

Wolf Kanno
06-03-2009, 06:56 AM
I... I got bored. :/

That's just the games fault ;)

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Me want now. :D

Pete for President
06-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Did anyone else notice the multiplatform puzzle dungeon? Looks interesting.

sir helix
06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
i wanna learn more japanese and book a flight i want this game so bad, the battle system is a perfect mix of old and new elements, im really wandering how the party system works in this one sence its all action packed.

Lexy
06-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Yuck, the voice acting sounds horrible to me. Specifically Lightning's. I just think it's odd that the trailer should include like 80% cut scenes with poopy dialogue, and the rest is left to show what actually looks cool, the in-game stuff. I guess they want to make it look like a movie trailer, but I'd be much more excited to see way more of the battle system than the cut scenes.

KHHacker6595
06-11-2009, 08:17 PM
I thought the english voices were decent, and lighting who was meant to be a female version of cloud really worked. She seemed like that dark mysterious female role.

Elpizo
06-11-2009, 09:12 PM
so is this new annoying kid

:Eek: We don't even know a thing about him yet and he's already annoying! This is history in making! :Eek:

Joking aside, I don't see what's so annoying about him. FF XIII might be the first FF to get kid-characters right the way I think they are right: like children, not overly mature, or too childish, just, normal for their age.

And nobody disses Vanille, design, voice or whatever, as long as I live! :p I think I have a new fav female character. Sorry, Refia. :(

black orb
06-11-2009, 09:29 PM
>>> Who cares about the voices, this Final Fantasy looks amazing..

Vyk
06-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Too much French. I have no idea what they're talking about half the time. The words run together in my brain when they're talking about that les cei or whatever it is

As for for the tribal girl's voice, its a little girlier and cutesier than I would have preferred. And little kids in more mature Final Fantasy plots instantly lose. I woulda considered the kid annoying too. Yelling at the main characters like he's mature enough to know better. Damn kids :P Final Fantasy doesn't need Rini. Though I've had a strong dislike for them attempting it in the past. Relm and Eiko were never very important to me

I'm wondering if they'll have an option for Japanese dialogue in this one

Sefie1999AD
06-16-2009, 10:22 PM
I think the game looked like FFX in the trailer, with some hints of FFXII in the battle segments. The voice acting seemed bearable enough for me. Too bad I won't be able to play the game, unless there's a PC release.

Wolfen
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
The pink haired chick's voice is annoying.

Sazh's, Lightning's, and Snow's voices are great.

Everything else sounded like typical anime voices.

Tainted Angel
08-28-2009, 03:16 AM
Oh gods.. not another annoying Vaan clone. (Some kid who triggers the story/becomes the anbnoying lil' brat who can't stay out of trouble. ... fuck this. I'm loosing interest quickly. (At least I figured out XII was crap before it was released, unlike that malware infested :bou::bou::bou::bou:pile called Spore.)

Formalhaut
08-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Sazh's voice was actually quite nice, I was expecting some Comic type voice.

Lightning's Voice was good, not GREAT, but good. It made her sound like a woman, sure she is tomboyish and a remake of Cloud, but you don't want her with a deep voice and muscles do you? Thats why they made her voice womanish, her hair a odd shade of Pink, and a slender body.

Vanille's voice reminded me abit like Rikku from FFX and FFX-2.

Snow's voice was also good, not great.

That little kids voice is the most annoying voice ive ever heard!:mad2:

And Angel, I don't think hed start the story, he seems younger than Vaan, maybe 12 13 years old, I don't know, I can't judge age, so maybe he is a small 17 year old.

Overall, Id give the VA a rating of either 7/10 or 8/10.

Good work SE!

Crimson
08-28-2009, 02:41 PM
That's odd, did anyone get a virus popup from Avast or was it just me?

False positive?

Necronopticous
08-28-2009, 04:25 PM
This is the most interesting footage of this game that I've seen yet (not saying much). My fingers are crossed.

Croyles
08-29-2009, 03:13 AM
This website really has the toughest crowd lol.

I think its looking very neat so far :)

Formalhaut
09-02-2009, 08:16 PM
We only expect the Best at EOFF!!

Croyles
09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
We only expect the Best at EOFF!!

l0l yes, but you never get the best, so why expect it? :)

><((((°>

Formalhaut
09-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Because..... wait a minute!

sdm42393
09-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Anything that wasn't gameplay was a total bore.
And even the gameplay was nothing new. =/

Flying Arrow
10-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm at a point where I'm just not impressed whatsoever by cutscenes and eye candy. I would have liked to see more gameplay and less out-of-context melodrama. The best part was the gameplay bit involving a character running around what looks like dinosaur valley or some such. The voice acting isn't so bad, but the dialogue itself is wince-inducing.

Zerokku
10-02-2009, 10:14 PM
God damn that was awful. Melodramatic much? Also, Transformer summons are still fucking retarded. Odin actually looked really good, but Sazh's? Fighting in a race car? Are you kidding me? The writing in this is just pathetic.

I'll be getting it Day 1 because it's Final Fantasy, but if this is as stupid as it looks, I'm not sure I'll be so faithful to the series.

The game looks great though. That seems to be all Squeenix is good at anymore =/

Looks like Serah will be gone though. Good riddance.

Nifleheim7
10-03-2009, 02:13 AM
Awful voice acting.Except lightning.

Zeromus_X
10-03-2009, 03:16 AM
Oh I can't believe I haven't watched this yet.

I recognize Laura Bailey (Sara) and Troy Baker (Snow), don't recognize any others (swear I've heard Lightning before) but the rest sound good. Getting kind of excited for this game.

Loony BoB
10-03-2009, 09:07 AM
My biggest complaint is that their timing with the mouthing of the characters was often really off. But I guess that's something they'll be working on? Dunno. As for the voices, eh, they were okay. If anything, Snow's wasn't quite what I was expecting, especially when he was talking to Serah at the start.

What piqued my interest was the little chatbox down the bottom left when they showed off some gameplay bits. What was that? People interacting online or the characters commenting based on where you travel to? Or NPC chatter?

Jiro
10-03-2009, 10:03 AM
That's odd, did anyone get a virus popup from Avast or was it just me?

False positive?

I got it too. I'm just going to look the damn thing up on YouTube and cut out SE. :roll2

DarkMassacre
10-03-2009, 11:15 AM
God damn that was awful. Melodramatic much?

As if Final Fantasy has never been melodramatic.

Also, Transformer summons are still smurfing retarded. Odin actually looked really good, but Sazh's? Fighting in a race car? Are you kidding me? The writing in this is just pathetic.

Let me guess, you want mature humor, like fighting a train while running away from it.

Shattered Dreamer
10-03-2009, 01:01 PM
All I can say is wow:Eek: FFXIII really looks like it could be the best in the series by a long way!

Calarandir
10-04-2009, 01:33 AM
FFXIII should hopefully be a great game, yet this trailer doesn't look quite as impressive as other trailers I've seen, the characters all came across as incredibly whiny to me.

Depression Moon
10-04-2009, 02:38 AM
The trailer was a little boring for me, but it was eye candy. I was sort of annoyed with the voice of Sera and Snow, but I will get over that in due time.

NeoCracker
10-04-2009, 05:50 AM
I think it was a good cast of VA's overall. Even Hope and Sarah's voices weren't bad.

I think Snow and Sahz have the best VA's by far though. I'll go ahead and give them a 7-8 out of ten as well. :p

Skyblade
10-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Sleipnir only has four legs... :grumble:

Other than that, not bad.

Ouch!
10-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Can't say I'm especially interested in what the cutscenes seem to be showing off, but the gameplay looks interesting enough.

arcanedude34
10-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Am I the only one noticing the heavy Uncanny Valley-ness in this game? Especially in Lightning... brr...

Also, the voice for the female with the tattoo and the l'Cie mark, female Jack Sparrow or what? XD

Rocket Edge
10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
What piqued my interest was the little chatbox down the bottom left when they showed off some gameplay bits. What was that? People interacting online or the characters commenting based on where you travel to? Or NPC chatter?
Yeah I noticed that too, what's the deal with that?

The voice acting seemed decent to me, although for some reason a select few have Australian accents. The game looks great, I just worry it's going to be set in a really futuristic world. I wouldn't exactly be a big fan of it.

Laddy
10-05-2009, 10:49 PM
God, you guys are so picky. :p (Just so you guys now, I am discussing the second trailer.)

I thonks it looks more promising to me than FFXII did, even though FFXII was very good, it was disappointing for an FF title.

I like the story, and yeah the writing's a bit overdone, but it's not bad. Hey, the game's not even close to being done, right? Give it some time, it's far too early for Eoff, er, us to be picky, k? :D

I'm a big fan of the voices except for Hope's. I hate him already, but I adore the rest of the cast.

Ouch!
10-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I like the story, and yeah the writing's a bit overdone, but it's not bad. Hey, the game's not even close to being done, right? Give it some time, it's far too early for Eoff, er, us to be picky, k? :D
Actually, given that the game is coming out in Japan shortly (nine weeks), it's probably almost completely done if not already completely done.

Laddy
10-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Actually, given that the game is coming out in Japan shortly (nine weeks), it's probably almost completely done if not already completely done.I'm referring to the English, i.e. lip-synching, melodramatic translation.

Story and smurfola is done and there's nothing we can do about it.

Zerokku
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
God damn that was awful. Melodramatic much?

As if Final Fantasy has never been melodramatic.

Of course the old games have melodrama. How the hell else are you supposed to convey emotion with tiny sprites and a few lines of text.

Thats a far cry from soap operaesque teen angst.

Calarandir
10-09-2009, 05:28 PM

The voice acting seemed decent to me, although for some reason a select few have Australian accents. The game looks great, I just worry it's going to be set in a really futuristic world. I wouldn't exactly be a big fan of it.

I hope it's NPC chatter personally, it would seem more realistic to overhear what NPC's are talking about among themselves and would help to give the world a lot of depth.

smittenkitten
10-10-2009, 12:05 PM
I laugh at the silly voicing. :p Definetly going to get it when it comes out though, looks awesome.

Skyblade
10-13-2009, 01:05 AM

I hope it's NPC chatter personally, it would seem more realistic to overhear what NPC's are talking about among themselves and would help to give the world a lot of depth.

I thought it was fairly obviously character/NPC chatter. You can, after all, see the character icons during the comments. Lightning is making the first one we see "No comments about the scenery", and the comment "If they trap us in here, we're dead" is also made by a character (don't know his name, but the little blonde kid). The other comments "Pulse has been trying to invade Cocoon for ages, huh?" and "Carbuncle's so adorable, I want to get the plushie" would be NPC chatter, which is why the "Talk" button appears, so that you can hold a conversation with the NPC who made the comment.

That's how I saw it, anyway.