PDA

View Full Version : ON NOES! The hugs of doom!

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-05-2009, 03:17 AM
Teen Hugging Panic! - Current (http://current.com/items/90157353_teen-hugging-panic.htm)

Rock 'n' roll brought us sex, drugs and alcohol, apparently rap brings us hugging.

So do you hug? Are you a part of "Generation H"?

I know I hug a lot of my friends. Sometimes in the form of glompage. :D

Brennan
06-05-2009, 03:25 AM
I'm kinda confused, how did Rap make teens wanna hug? And there's Teens out having sex everyday, and the Media is worried about hugging? I never heard of a woman getting pregnant by a hug. (Unless it led to unforseen events)

Psychotic
06-05-2009, 03:30 AM
I only hug men. Hugging girls is for sissies. And I am not a sissy, no sirree.

Lawr
06-05-2009, 03:33 AM
Oh yeah I saw something like this a few days ago. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you're a teenager you're the devil!

As for your questions though...hugging feels awkward to me, I can live without hugging. :erm:

Namelessfengir
06-05-2009, 03:58 AM
the people going against hugs are just a bunch of pansies. people are always getting freaked out about things that dont matter. during my senior year we went with some symbolic characters for each grade and we seniors got witches and about twenty people called into the paper bitching about we were supporting the occult... fml

im out of college so im not a part of this current hugging trend. but back in high school i was hugging my girls all the time... but mostly cuz my girls were damn fine

let them hug

Jessweeee♪
06-05-2009, 04:02 AM
I'm not very huggy, but all of my friends are and it gets annoying sometimes :|

Yar
06-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Generation H rhymes with Preparation H.

Hugs are meh.

Momiji
06-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Meh.

NeoCracker
06-05-2009, 06:50 AM
...I don't know whether to laugh or cry after that...

Tavrobel
06-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Only if accompanied by a "no homo" statement before I hug them.

If it's a girl, a hug is accompanied by an obligatory ass grab.

Ouch!
06-05-2009, 09:33 AM
This reminds me of how many people I hug on a regular basis.

scrumpleberry
06-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I used to be very huggy, toned it down a bit because all of my friends weren't quite to huggy as me. But I will always give a good hug in times of neeed~

And I think it's nice to hug if you're saying hello or goodbye to someone :bigsmile:

Old Manus
06-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I just brofist. Women too.

Rantz
06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Hugging is pretty cool but it's pretty awkward when you're greeting people with hugs and then there's someone you don't know or only half know and you're not sure whether it would be appropriate to hug and so you just stare for a short while and then one of you decides to hug and the other decides a handshake will do at the same time, and then you notice so you both try to switch unnoticeably but it doesn't work since you both do it and you both stop dead and then it's all "ahh hmmm"

Levian
06-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Hugging is just another obstacle you have to go through before sex.

Breine
06-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I hug quite a lot. I hug my friends when I see them and such. Hugging is neat.

Quindiana Jones
06-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I hug.

Interesting that this comes from a country that allows torture.

Peegee
06-06-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't remember the last time I hugged anybody.

Oh right, goodbye hug before I came home.

Weird..

WEIRD

UGH

rubah
06-06-2009, 05:48 PM
entering high school is rather intoxicating. You're newly aware of such things as sex and boys and there are hundreds of people you've never even met before, at least not since you were little. There are a whole slew of teachers you've never tested and only hear rumors about; are they true? You've got to find out.

We were pretty affectionate in 9th grade, and I remember the batch of 9th graders when I was a senior were definitely so. They didn't satisfy themselves with mere hugs though, preferring to go to the jumping on backs and fake-humping xD

that being said, anyone who didn't want to participate was usually called a grouch or similar and given a few more cautionary trials until they turned *really* nasty about it or gave in. So I can see there being some pressure about it.

I would argue that the benefits of a healthy hug culture are much more enjoyable than the side effects are unpleasant.

I am a total hug whore. If you are someone I know very well, and I think I have half a chance at getting away with it, I will hug you.

~*~Celes~*~
06-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I love hugs :jess:

Slothy
06-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm hugging myself right now (because no one else will...).

leader of mortals
06-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I LOVE HUGGING PEOPLE!

When I was in school(It's summer for me now:D), I would always try to hug people! This one girl didnt like me hugging her though, so of course I would give her a big hug and never ever let go.:)

Also...
*Hugs Vivi22*

Vyk
06-08-2009, 07:35 AM
My life's always been a little too devoid of hugs. I don't hug. But I don't mind getting them. I'm definitely not part of Generation H though

Loony BoB
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Hugging is pretty cool but it's pretty awkward when you're greeting people with hugs and then there's someone you don't know or only half know and you're not sure whether it would be appropriate to hug and so you just stare for a short while and then one of you decides to hug and the other decides a handshake will do at the same time, and then you notice so you both try to switch unnoticeably but it doesn't work since you both do it and you both stop dead and then it's all "ahh hmmm"
Do you read Shortlist?

I totally hug, but only if the other person is good for it. Some people just aren't the hugging kind, and you gotta respect that. I hug my family, Danielle and some other friends. Dan and Lev are always good for the manhug. And more!

Rantz
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Do you read Shortlist?

Nope. What is it?

Loony BoB
06-09-2009, 01:03 PM
A free weekly magazine in the UK. Danny Wallace writes an article for it, and one of them involved where he went for a hug while the guy went for a handshake, and how it was awkward.

Laddy
06-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Hugging is awesome! They banned it at our school. =(

Fujiko
06-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Omg hugs! <33 Hugging is cosy and healthy and it feels really good afterwards; esp if the one you're hugging is someone you really like or care for <33

Like you've downed the most delicious energy drink; yet it's soothing rather than energizing~

Like rubah, I am "a total hug whore" :love::love::love: