PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Bedrooms

Yar
06-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Well, since I've just "moved", I figured it's the perfect opportunity to do this before my room get's wrecked.

Post pix of your bedroom. What's it like? :Eek: This is my room at my mother's before I start to move stuff back in. I'm surprised how much stuff is still here! xD

rubah
06-06-2009, 05:36 AM
http://www.snowy-day.net/pictures/things/apt-bed.jpg

It pretty much still looks like this. I don't spend a lot of time in my room except while I'm sleeping!

note the guitar hero box under my bed. There's also a DDR pad and stu did not leave me either game disk.

Momiji
06-06-2009, 05:44 AM
I'll post some pictures once I clean it. I don't usually let it get this messy...

Yar
06-06-2009, 05:48 AM
I'll post some pictures once I clean it. I don't usually let it get this messy...Glad to have motivated you! :D

Momiji
06-06-2009, 05:49 AM
I'll post some pictures once I clean it. I don't usually let it get this messy...Glad to have motivated you! :D

I was gonna clean it tomorrow regardless. :p

Xaven
06-06-2009, 05:53 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a260/Vinylcake/Snapshot_20090605_1.jpg

Taken with my computer's crappy webcam. :D

My laptop either goes on the desk facing the chair, or on the edge of the desk facing my bed. Or on my lap like right now. :D

My younger brother and I shared a room since he was born until a few months ago, so that's his bed (in blue) still there. I wish I could take it out of there. :D

rubah
06-06-2009, 06:13 AM
dang that's a small bed.

~*~Celes~*~
06-06-2009, 07:06 AM
I have the biggest bedroom in the house. I share with my two sisters.

First pic: Left side of my room when you enter the door

Second pic: Right side of my room when you enter the door (see the wall with the light switch next to me? that's the right side wall of my closet.) Also where my computer is located.

Third pic: my bed (with a kitty on top!) My sisters (ages 6 and 8) share the bottom bunk. Futon bunk beds ftw :)

Xaven
06-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Third pic: my bed (with a kitty on top!) My sisters (ages 6 and 8) share the bottom bunk. Futon bunk beds ftw :)

Lol, it's the same make as my cousins' bunk bed. :]

Momiji
06-06-2009, 08:22 AM
What can I say, I was bored. Pics in the following links:

Taken from the door, what you would see when you come in. (http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/0606090254.jpg)
A lamp that has yet to be plugged in and an unusual source of light, created by Christmas lights lazily thrown onto a decorative tree. I don't have a ceiling light, so I had to get creative with light sources. (http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/0606090254a.jpg)
My TV, Dreamcast, NTSC-J PS2, anime collection, and other random stuff. (http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/0606090254b.jpg)
My bookshelf, with other random games and DVDs. The bottles are for the snowcone maker beside the bookshelf on the floor. On the wall is an insert to a Haruhi Suzumiya vinyl that came with my DVDs, and a hand-drawn picture of Eddie Van Halen. :p (http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/0606090255.jpg)
Looking out the window. It's 3 AM. (http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/0606090255a.jpg)
Finally, my bed and nightstand, and fan. (http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/0606090256.jpg)

My room is also the largest in the house, but with a major price: the heating never seems to reach the room in the winter and the air conditioning is worthless in the summer. In other words, it's the most uncomfortable room in the house, temperature-wise. No one else wanted it because of that when we moved in, so I got it.

Since it gets so hot, I plan on replacing the floor lamp in the entryway (not pictured) with the one that wasn't plugged in by the tree. The light that's currently there generates a ton of heat in the summer. It's awful.

Yar
06-06-2009, 08:32 AM
:crying2: I miss my old bedroom. It was huge! Momiji's room reminds me of it.

Ouch!
06-06-2009, 08:55 AM
My bedroom in my old house was a loft. Two stories for one room? Hell yes. That house was amazing and awesome in so many ways. I miss it. ; ;

Quindiana Jones
06-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I think I have exactly the same telescope as Momiji.

Momiji
06-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I think I have exactly the same telescope as Momiji.

I never did get the dumb thing to work. :irked:

Then again, with all of the light coming from the city and all of the streetlights here, I doubt I would see anything anyway.

Rye
06-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Yay, this is a good time for a tour thread, I just swiffered the floor, got my new poster, and almost everything is relatively neat, except for my closet, which will be left out. Sux though, because it takes up about 75% of a wall (I love my closet <3) so I like to show people.

I just hope to god I'm not in any reflections, because I just rolled out of bed and I'm still in a giant sweatshirt, glasses, and in big sweatpants I stole from Huxley. xD

rubah
06-06-2009, 05:41 PM
wow, that color green is so inviting! it. . it draws me. . in

*sucked into the monitor:(*

no really though :up:

Rantz
06-06-2009, 05:58 PM
It's one of my favourite colours. <3

Rye
06-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks. My parents still think I'm crazy for the choice though. I think it goes nice though with the bedspread. :bigsmile:

scrumpleberry
06-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Momiji has a pretty bedroom :o You guys are awfully tidy xD

Momiji
06-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Momiji has a pretty bedroom :o You guys are awfully tidy xD

When it's clean, I keep it that way, because I can only really clean when I'm in the mood, and those moods don't come too often. :D

rubah
06-06-2009, 08:53 PM
he only stayed up until like 4am cleaning it last night

Momiji
06-06-2009, 09:11 PM
he only stayed up until like 4am cleaning it last night

It's true. (;ー。ー)

Rebellious Eagle
06-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Everyone has such cool bedrooms! Mine's so lame. I really want to get my ugly off-white walls painted green or something.

Xaven
06-07-2009, 12:40 AM
And I think the same lamp in the Rye's first picture used to be on my dad's nightstand a few years back. The tappy-tappy one that has three dimness levels, right? :]

You people are stealing my furnitures. ;__;

Rye
06-07-2009, 01:14 AM
Yeah! That is mine. I've had it for as long as I can remember. Tap tap tap. I get kind of neurotic with it, though, because I never am sure what dimness level it's on. I only like it on the lowest (when I go to bed) and the highest (at night before I go to bed), never the middle one. I'll go through the dim levels like, 5 times, until I'm satisfied. xD

Momiji
06-07-2009, 01:26 AM
That big lamp on my nightstand in the last picture I posted is a lamp that you can change the dimness by tapping, too. It's actually the first day I've been using it there. I used to have a smaller lamp identical to the one by the window in the fourth picture on my nightstand.

I'm not so fond of it right now. It changes brightness/off/on whenever I bump the nightstand, and it's annoying. It also sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of my furniture, which is black...

~*~Celes~*~
06-07-2009, 04:51 AM
I have one lamp and it sucks :(

Jiro
06-08-2009, 04:03 AM
Goddammit I'm going to clean my room now. Hopefully

Bastian
06-08-2009, 04:54 AM
@Yar: 30 ROCK! I just started watching it. I just finished Season One and am waiting for Season Two to arrive. It's keen

@Rye: Cute room! I want to paint my walls that exact color.

As for my bedroom, it would be pointless to photograph. The only time I'm ever in there is when I'm sleeping. I'm not even kidding. So it's just queen sized futon all alone in an otherwise empty room devoid of decoration.

Oh, and a night stand full of books.

Jiro
06-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Finished cleaning about 20 minutes ago. That's scary.

The first shot is during the clean up. I had to move everything so I could toss out the junk and clean all the surfaces.

The second shot is what it looks like now. Except, there's a bunch of clothes on my couch that you can't see. :p

Breine
06-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Rye, I really like that green olive colour!

Gawd, this thread also really reminds me of how much I need to clean my room.

fire_of_avalon
06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I sleep in a 8x10 jail cell. I don't even know that it's 8x10, I just know it's small. I need to move out.

Yar
06-08-2009, 05:22 PM
I sleep in a 8x10 jail cell. I don't even know that it's 8x10, I just know it's small. I need to move out.My room is 9'x11', and I'm not joking.

rubah
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM
foa, you don't have to resort to getting picked up by the Pokey Wagon to have a place to sleep. You can sleep in my bed!

fire_of_avalon
06-08-2009, 10:22 PM
That's very sweet of you, but I just bought a new comforter set about a month ago and I looooove it.

rubah
06-08-2009, 10:50 PM
that reminds me

do you know what size of bed is about the same as a queen, in that my queen sheets fit it, but it's narrower than a queen is? it may be longer, idk

Quindiana Jones
06-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Isn't that just a king? My knowledge of beds is limited (single and double...yeah that's it), but from random info. I've picked up, I "know" queens to be as long as kings, but wider.

Especially around the hips.

Yar
06-08-2009, 11:06 PM
that reminds me

do you know what size of bed is about the same as a queen, in that my queen sheets fit it, but it's narrower than a queen is? it may be longer, idkfull? :confused:

Aerith's Knight
06-08-2009, 11:42 PM
There you all go. I won't show the attached bathroom.. because I don't want to.

1st - Kitchen
2st - living part
3rd - Desk n stuff
4th - Bed part
5th - DVD/CD Games Books etc + door

Vyk
06-09-2009, 12:35 AM
that reminds me

do you know what size of bed is about the same as a queen, in that my queen sheets fit it, but it's narrower than a queen is? it may be longer, idkfull? :confused:

If I remember correctly there's a single, a twin, a full, a double, a queen, a king, and a california king

Probably a full though, I grew up having well broken in full size beds. They're nice..

Blue Harvest
06-09-2009, 11:00 AM
I can't show pictures (stupid phone not letting me use email anymore) but picture a tiny box, half of which is taken up by a (double) bed. At the end of the bed is a small cabinet used for storing clothes (there used to be a chest of drawers there but I broke it in half. Literally). Next to the bed is an old rocking chair pointed at a tv. There is a shelving unit on the other side of the chair which is home to all my games and consoles. Oh, and there's a built in cupboard above the tv which should never be opened.