PDA

View Full Version : Rare drops for rydia...

~ Kain ~
06-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Today was my most succesful day in final fantasy history.....

I am a perfectionist for this series and these games serve more as a hobby for me... some ppl build model cars and planes some ppl have trains etc. This is what helps me stay sane..... that being said recently my PS2 and ALL! my memory cards were stolen and ive been working on, yes once again, some master files. On my recent run through on 4 i only fought enemies whose rare drops i needed for a "perfect game". I am very unlucky and this method yielded me a ribbon(sweet) and 2 yes 2 cursed rings. While using this method i got everyone to 99 then got bored and didnt play for a while...
After capping both story's levels for the after years today, i was trying to farm for some summons outside of agart and got frustrated because i wasn't having any luck. I decided i would throw in IV(PS1) just for kicks and try the same thing fighting outside fabul...(Bomb, Cockatrice, and imps are all there). I got cockatrice in 10 minutes, imp a half hour later then decided to get cocky and fight mages in the dark elf cave and got their summon in an hour.
This really makes me feel like i can get everything i need in this game but i can't get a bomb to drop ANYTHING! nevermind the summon. Is their only one kind of bomb that drops the summon?and for uber characters is their anything else i need to worry about besides crystal rings, protect rings and of course Adament Armor?
Are glass helmets any good? AHHH?!?!?!?!?!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Ordinary Bombs don't drop the Bomb summon, oddly enough. It can only be acquired from Remedy Bombs, the purple Bombs in the Tower of Bab-Il; and Dark Grenades, the gray Bombs in the Lunar Subterrane. Both varieties can also be found on the Moon's surface.

~ Kain ~
06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanx, i got one using the life 2 trick in like 45 minutes. Now i'm on to The Artemis Bow from Karys, i already got like 3 minerva's and 110 Artemis arrows...how about that bow now.....
Ribbons are quite possibly the greatest thing in FF lore(Masamune, Excalibur, etc.). Can anyone tell me if glass helmets are even worth the trouble to get? I'm a status protection nut so i'll get 5 ribbons if that thing stinks. But i hear the evasion is like 99% on the glass helmet so.....

abrojtm
06-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Are you searching for ALL rare drops, or just powerful ones?

The Stone Sword is a relatively weak sword that randomly petrifies. It can dropped by Black Lizards, and I think it may be missable.

The Dragon Whisker is the strongest whip in the game. It is dropped by Blue Dragons. The Glass Helm is dropped by the faces in the lunar subterrain... It has a much better P Defense than the ribbon, but no other great properties.

The Glass Ring is stolen from Red dragons.

~ Kain ~
06-09-2009, 12:36 AM
No not ALL rare drops. Just the ones that are mandatory for having "ultimate equipment". I've got the dragon whip and stone sword. I notice you're calling it the dragon whisker. What version is that from? I'm playing the PS1 version.
I know that the crystal ring is dropped by red dragons...but what is the glass ring? I've been playing this game for years and i've never heard of it??? And it's a steal?!?!?!